Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders 2

Alfons

Prophet
How does it compare to Darksiders 2? I enjoyed that one quite a bit.

Deflowerer

Arcane
The first one at least is way, way better than God of War. Unless you're a massive fucking faggot, which is not surprising in forums where I've seen people mentioning Metal Gear Rising and God of War in the same sentence. It's no Japanese character action game, but it's still pretty smooth. Don't mind the Simon Says boss fight either, in fact, they're quite enjoyable and make sense for a Zelda-like.

It's more or less lulzy comic book version of Soul Reaver 1.

Zeriel

Arcane
It also has way less block puzzles than Soul Reaver, which is the most glowing recommendation I can imagine giving, that was always the glaring weakness of the Soul Reaver series (retarded puzzles inserted with a crowbar to inflate playtime).

Deflowerer

Arcane
Yeah, Soul Reaver 1 is one of my favourite games all-time, but I must admit, block puzzles weren't the brightest idea.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Combat is pretty fun and can get challenging on a few places on apocalyptic, this is entertaining popamole combat and not that abomination that pass for combat on Ass Creed, Batman and Witcha 3. It is like someone decided to make a comic book version of Zelda with angels and demons.

Deflowerer

Arcane

What? Dodging mechanic is actually decent, executions just require one button (so you can reorient the camera and keep moving on), not some shitty QTE you'll be performing countless of times, and besides combat almost everything is superior. The only thing GoW does better are boss battles pretty much, although I'm more of a fan of Darksiders' approach.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Everyone's a Jew these days so we can dismiss the possibility of getting the Deathfinitive Edition for free if you already own the PC version, but there should at least be a deep discount.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Everyone's a Jew these days so we can dismiss the possibility of getting the Deathfinitive Edition for free if you already own the PC version, but there should at least be a deep discount.
Actually, it seems you do get it for free - except the soundtrack DLC for some reason.

Unfortunately for many people the re-release does not work and crashes on new game/load. :M

Aruil

Educated
Patron
Only if you have the Franchise Pack. The others just get a 80% discount. So, a little better than the SotFS "deal".

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I bought the pack back on christmas so I got it. But I can't play since it has gamebreaking bugs apparently.

A horse of course

Isn't Deathinitive Edition actually worse though? The lighting is washed out and the performance is even poorer than the original patched version.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It is.
And it might be even more crash-happy for some people. I don't remember the state and comparision but would not be surprised if original was less bugridden...

A horse of course

It's a shame because I really enjoyed Darksiders 2 (1 was meh apart from the McFarlane-style art). It has one of the best OSTs out there. Get the full version from ffshrine forums or wherever if possible, but the regular 2 CD release does have most of the best stuff.

The whole ambition towards making Darksiders 3 a 4-player co-op sounded absolutely moronic and I can't say I'm bothered it never saw the light of day.

v1rus

Arcane
does anyone remember when do you get the option to access dlc areas/dlc promo items in non-deathinitive edition?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom