Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders 3

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Please don't let that whip be her only attack.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
No issues with a female protagonist but that whip is a horrible choice for a main weapon. I can't see myself having fun dancing around whipping stuff for hours on end.
If it's anything like the previous games, there will be a handful of alternate weapons that you can use besides the whip.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Both games, especially sequel, were too long for it's own good.
Biggest problem. I usually don't complain about games being too long but when there is little variety it gets to be an issue. Darksiders 2 goes on and on and on... can't remember exactly where I quit... I think at the point where you reach this big open field and there's some other world you go to after that. It's after you unlock the blacksmith and shit but... meh. Too much backtracking and loot-hunting and exploring for trivial upgrades.

A horse of course

Darksiders 2 was the pefect length. If anything the Hell section was too short (although considering how uninteresting that world's environments and puzzles were, simply copy-pasting the same shit over and over would've made it as bland as Darksiders 1).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Darksiders 2 was the pefect length. If anything the Hell section was too short (although considering how uninteresting that world's environments and puzzles were, simply copy-pasting the same shit over and over would've made it as bland as Darksiders 1).

Darksiders 2 was too padded out by busywork. There was no need to collect three of X instead of just one, for example. Until the last two "worlds" that clearly got parts axed because THQ.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I dislike the darksiders 2's diablo esque loot system.

It almost ruin the game for me, but otherwise they are fun
Looks like they've dropped it. But, I still hope that they won't abandon RPG progression and variety of equipment. Here's hoping that they took some inspirations from Souls series.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Darksiders 2:
-Makers world was a bit stretched to get to the Guardian
-Land of the Dead was padded as fuck
-Earth and Lostlight were perfection
-Shadow's Edge was too short

Samael and Archon were the second and third best boss fights, also amazing OST.

A horse of course

Land of the Dead has some of the best music in the game. Floating City or w/e the Heaven areas were called also has amazing stuff. Shame you have to mess around with unofficial OSTs and stuff to get certain tracks like The Wailing Host.

also fuck off Metro u CUNT

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The whip feels a lot less satisfying to wield than the previous protags' weapons. And it could get very boring very quickly. Other than that, the game looks to be quite solid for a pre-alpha.

Also, the fucking high heels are triggering me more than they should. I just can't take her seriously as a character while she's jumping around wearing those things.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Arguing Darksiders weeb press X for awesome trash is better than Souls games = hilarious. Try mashing one button in a Dark Souls game and see how far you get.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Darksiders weeb
U wot m8

Also if you actually played DS2 past the first few hours on the highest difficulty you would know that you actually have to dodge well and use combos, pressing one button will give you a loss every time otherwise. Although meh, you're just shitposting so I probably wasted my time typing this.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Heh, accuses one game of being "weeb" and then praises a japanese game in the very same post.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Darksiders is overlty weeb. The Souls games are far more gritty dark grim darkness.

Runic Knight

Barely Literate
I enjoyed darksiders 2 well enough, though I also never bothered to finish it, so I suppose that tells me all I need to know about how interested I am in this one. Looks ok, and I am glad they are going to make a sequel, but as it is, nothing about it really strikes out as greatly interesting at the moment.

Still, anything that lends hope to a timesplitter's remake, no matter how flimsy, is not without my thanks.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Darksiders is mostly comic-y, although it's definitely inspired by Zelda.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'd say that was indirectly inspired by Zelda, as they were clearly channeling Soul Reaver. In fact, you could say that japanese inspiration in Darksiders is in every way indirect. Combat is inspired by God of War who indeed took inspiration from japanese spectacle fighters, and Joe Mad's art definitely took some cues from manga.

Last edited:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The overall structure of the games, especially the first one heavily mirrors that of a 3D Zelda, or more recently the wonderful Okami.

Either way, the "lore" and setting of DS is a lot more interesting to me. Very few games take inspiration from biblical mythology.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
the primary weapon still seems weak af.
Because muh RPG progression - loot and stats to show progress with every new shiny junk. Just select the weapon, see which one have more green UP-arrows and see how enemy HP bar go down faster.

DS1 was ok but DS2 sucked because of this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom