Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Das Geisterschiff - turn-based cyberpunk dungeon crawler

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Testing the UI layout. Any suggestions?
8gqiIMF.png

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Some news:
  • Combat engine is almost ready, only stitching and some visual feedback-related stuff remains;
  • Additional UI design done, will start implementing it later today;
  • Starting to work on the graphics and other parts of the dungeon, hopefully I'll have a playable demo soon;
  • Stuttering fixed after upgrading to Unity 5.5.0;
  • General performance improvements, runs at 30+ fps in 900p on a 6 years old laptop with an integrated GPU for now (go suck a duck dick, Crispy). The requirements will most likely increase a bit after the graphics upgrade, but who gives a shit -- if your crappy rig ran PoE or UE3 games, then this game should run without any issues.

Severian Silk

Some of your polygons are visible. FYI

[edit]

Also, I like the "Doritos" color palette you've chosen.

if youre doing that on purpose then unless it's a negative health effect i suggest you don't

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
If it's going to be that problematic, I'll tone it down, at worst I can add an option to tweak it. We'll see.
I'll probably add a small benchmarking option to see how it looks in the game an whether it's going to be a massive performance issue for those folks with shit GPUs (like me, kek).

Here is a list of planned settings:
VSync: Off, Every VBlank, Every Second VBlank
SMAA: Off, Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Rendering API: DX9, DX11, DX12
Bloom: On/Off (It's a decline, but the last several screens were with it and nobody even noticed. I did my best to keep it subtle, but still.)
Motion Blur: On/Off (Again, subtle effect to simulate the inaccuracies of the scanner.)

SFX Volume
Music Volume

Language
: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian

Possible settings:
Rendering Resolution
Draw Distance

The FPS is capped to 60 by default with VSync off, but I'll gladly add an option to set the desired max fps in the config file.

Last edited:

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think it might just look odd in a still frame. I'm sure the glitch effect looks really cool when we see it animated. Great work, by the way.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Thanks, bro!
Here's how it looks in action right now. Couldn't capture a higher-res version from the editor (otherwise the fps would plummet), but it's still noticeable. I'll capture a higher-res version once I'll get around to testing and recording the actual gameplay.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Holy shit man. No game ever gave me motion sickness, but watching this video you posted kinda did. I guess it's got something to do with those horizontal stripes on the walls.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
zwanzig_zwoelf Nah, don't invest your time based on a single person's feedback - might be just me ;) . Show it to a wider audience, especially those who had game-related motion sickness problems in the past (it's not that uncommon, I know one or two such people personally). See if they complain first.

Now that I think of it (and don't take it as a critique of the art style, it's a serious concern), you might want to include an epilepsy warning screen at the beginning, if only to avoid legal troubles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom