Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Das Geisterschiff - turn-based cyberpunk dungeon crawler

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
zwanzig_zwoelf Nah, don't invest your time based on a single person's feedback - might be just me ;) . Show it to a wider audience, especially those who had game-related motion sickness problems in the past (it's not that uncommon, I know one or two such people personally). See if they complain first.

Now that I think of it (and don't take it as a critique of the art style, it's a serious concern), you might want to include an epilepsy warning screen at the beginning, if only to avoid legal troubles.
There are already settings implemented for the Isoline effect from some months ago (but dummied out) as a precaution and a tweak for those with ultra-shit GPUs, so adding it to the interface should be a matter of a couple of minutes.
As for the epilepsy warning -- big thanks, I'll add it, since I'm already preparing to get butt-deep in the legal stuff (registering as a proprietor, paying all these shitty taxes (which are kinda big here), etc), and I don't want any trouble.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I've still got a regular job and I'm not planning to fully abandon it until I've got enough savings to fully fund the development of the next game. As for the bookkeeping, I'm currently researching the subject and it does look like a pain in the ass, but still manageable. Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can tweak the game so it looks as close as possible to the original for the colorblind folks.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Working on the crosshair, which will be shown during attacks. Adding some flavor text to it too.

C0KITlpXcAALvLN.jpg:orig

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Another update:
  • Saving and loading is in, only need to add entries for a few other objects.
  • Combat works, encounters work, AI is in and works flawlessly.
  • What's left to do: implement new Dark Areas and traps, finish some UI bits, add death conditions and implement fonts for other languages.

In short, once the following things are complete, the game should be technically done, and all that remains is building a dungeon, adding a few enemy types, working on the content and adding the localization.

I'll upload a gameplay video once I get the semi-final version of Der Geisterjäger up and running. Until then, let's hope I won't encounter any additional microissues while finishing the game.

C0hu-9JWEAEsLqg.jpg:large

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
C1PMGMAWIAEs3Zl.jpg:large

Ingame UI is done, added a small detail object to mark the usable items (keys/logs/etc). It's not shown on the minimap and used solely to avoid missing the smaller objects that may not be detected by the post-processing. I decided to do it mostly because the useful objects are small (keycards must fit the human hand, etc) and since your mech is about 4 meters tall, it's not that easy to notice.

Working on the content right now.

Is this TRON: The RPG?
Almost. :lol:

I don't think my game qualifies as an RPG (stats are in, but no progression/item pickups/stuff). More like a very light dungeon crawler.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Added landmines. They're displayed as garbage to warn the player and usually dropped in the dark zones to get rid of the intruders. Not planning to use them a lot, just add them to a couple of places where you can potentially find useful info/items (or end up getting frustrated because you've lost 1/6 of your max DC).

C1RyD9UUUAA3qra.jpg:large

Reinar

Scholar
The more I am looking at the screenshots, the more I think you should add another color to your palette. Maybe dark gray (with a tiny red tint?) for GUI backgrounds? Like #443333.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
You think the color is heavy on the eyes because of the contrast?

If that's so, I see your point, but I think it would only break the established color scheme. Check the DC panel for the results.

Your suggestion:
TMlW32N.png

Quick pick of another color:
oYGWD6a.png

Hum. Maybe that looks better, but I need to think about it, the reduced contrast kinda bugs me.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Green shade is not an option since I tried to keep the palette limited to orange and black with some small additions of red.

Check the help screen. Does it feel better now?
7XyERuG.png

Reinar

Scholar
Green shade is not an option since I tried to keep the palette limited to orange and black with some small additions of red.

Check the help screen. Does it feel better now?
7XyERuG.png

Yes, that looks better. I'd try even darker shades in later iterations, but that's for fine tuning at late development stages. And it's not just about eye irritation, but also how the GUI blends with the world.

BTW: Is there a difference if you turn 180° to the left or 180° to the right? :D

Severian Silk

I think original color was better. Now it is too orange and not enough red.

Reinar

Scholar
Read his post again, "the palette limited to orange and black with some small additions of red".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom