Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Dawn of War 3 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Why look what we have here
CJIzwVlWgAA-kUt.png

Relic also
CJI0KVsWwAAST6U.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Relics webiste has been like that for at least half a year.

I want to beleive its just... I've been hurt before.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
If DoW3 came out and based itself in DoW1, I'd be all over that...

DoW1 was epic online. Really enjoyed that one!

ArchAngel

Arcane
DoW1 with all expansion was epic in Singleplayer with the planet conquering campaign. I played it with all factions and finished it. It was also lots of fun in MP vs friends. I also hope DoW3 is like DoW1.

But will it be set in BOREALUM?

I liked both DoWs, the second slightly more so. Maybe because I played it first + terrific voice-acting and soundtrack. The time is ripe for some proper 40K games; I'm just hoping someone can deliver.

I pray to Cleve that this will actually happen and if it does, will turn out like DoW1 (or 2 as long as it is less repetitive) and not some banal shit boring League of Legends-esque piece of shit. Definitely going to keep an eye on this.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Am I the only one on the Codex who liked DoW II?
Nah.

I have more than a 100 hours on it throughout its various incarnations. It's good fun, even if not tactically deep.

More often than not it's too twitchy. I didn't like micromanaging evasion from telegraphed attacks for example. But it's still an entertaining game.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Nah.

I have more than a 100 hours on it throughout its various incarnations. It's good fun, even if not tactically deep.

More often than not it's too twitchy. I didn't like micromanaging evasion from telegraphed attacks for example. But it's still an entertaining game.

That could get annoying, especially when things got dicey. It would have been nice to see a talent for Avitus (just as an example) to automatically haul ass if there was a grenade cooking off next to him. But overall it is one of my favorite games. I enjoyed the squad management.

Aothan

Magister

I played DoW II online for approximately five years, it is still one of the better selections for those inclined, regrettably it has limited balance.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
DoWII was, in theory a great sequel:
1. Space Marines became hat they were intended to be - few but strong. No hundreds of killed space marine in each fight like in DoW1.
2. Other sides have been shaped great, like Chaos, Orks and Tyranids
3. DoWII had THE best voice work I've seen in any game so far - each nit had different response to every strategic suituation and condition.
4. Cover and destructability mechanics was great.
Yet it was tremendously less appealing and fun than DoW1. All this great features could not get the game going.
I suppose it was due to faulty implementation of combat and, in particular, retreat mechanics. Battles were boring and repetitive. Campaign turned into a dozens of template boss fights. Great Unclean One fight was a spectacular example of how not to make a boss fight, with 15 minutes of chipping his health. Multiplayer was uninspiring dueto constant retreats and, as a result, lack of decisive battles. It was impossible to deal a crushing blow to your opponent - retreat rendered it useless.
Should they decide to stick with DoW2 worst aspects, DoW3 will be a disaster.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Says the man I've played dozens of games against in retribution.

Retribution added lolIG and had a really shitty excuse for a single player campaign.

And while CR added lolChaos, at least it had a cool story bro mode

It was impossible to deal a crushing blow to your opponent - retreat rendered it useless.

now that's bullshit lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom