Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DayZ, a zombie mod for ArmA2 - Now standalone on Steam Early Access

Echo Mirage

Arcane
From what people are saying on steam discussions its every bit as bad and broken as the mod even after 2 years. Only now you can actually pay to play the same broken shit from 2 years ago.

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The glory of early access is that I've ended up with all sorts of early copies of games in my account without paying for them. Developers (and the buddies they get to do giveaways) are extremely generous when they release unfinished content, it seems. Never buy an early access game, and they will all come to you.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The glory of early access is that I've ended up with all sorts of early copies of games in my account without paying for them. Developers (and the buddies they get to do giveaways) are extremely generous when they release unfinished content, it seems. Never buy an early access game, and they will all come to you.

Crooked Bee can we impose posting restrictions on sexbad until he finishes a review? Say, for each video review, he gets to do 50 posts. 25 for each 10 minutes of gunthrough.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They never came to me. Teach me how.
Developers who are insecure enough to release unfinished games deliberately also tend to have a pricetag just for show. Some of the copies I got were for review, of course, but the developers that I contacted were giving out codes like candy anyway. You can normally find an abundance of giveaways on Steamgifts.com or just email them saying that you have some sort of presence on the internet and can do a giveaway or an article or a video. I'm sure the giftstravaganza thread would count as a real giveaway to some of them.

This is shitty behavior, and I don't ask for copies of games without at least the intention of reviewing them, but hey, I'm just spreading knowledge.

Steamgifts will probably fill your library with 95% of the early access games that you're kind of interested in.

Crooked Bee can we impose posting restrictions on sexbad until he finishes a review? Say, for each video review, he gets to do 50 posts. 25 for each 10 minutes of gunthrough.
I am planning on doing more reviews, effective Wednesday the 18th. Tomorrow is my last exam before I leave my current terrible university for good, and then I will do every game ever.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I am planning on doing more reviews, effective Wednesday the 18th. Tomorrow is my last exam before I leave my current terrible university for good, and then I will do every game ever.

You studyin' at my university? I turn in my paper Wednesday 18th as well and I can't fucking wait to not do all the shit I said I would do when that paper got done.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

You studyin' at my university? I turn in my paper Wednesday 18th as well and I can't fucking wait to not do all the shit I said I would do when that paper got done.
no, the central connecticut советская республика closes down tomorrow entirely for a little while

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
My shit was done in November, just got done enrolling in papers next year. Currently working at a student help center where I have to spend all day calling dumbass school leavers who can't be fucked handing in shit like proof of legal name until the absolute last minute.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage"

Okay now this is a fucking joke. This Early Access madness has gone on for too long, Valve needs to do something about it.
Why? If you don't like it, don't buy it.

bert

Arcane
IF YOU DONT LIKE FALLOUT 3 DONT BUY IT
IF YOU DONT LIKE XCOM DONT BUY IT
IF YOU DONT LIKE STARBOUND DONT BUY IT

Steve

Augur
Looks almost identical to the mod version, the one year of development went to good use by the looks of it.

praetor

Arcane
bros, how's the mod now? thought about finally purchasing arma2 (if it'll be on sale for christmas) to try it out after all the hype since the standalone is more than a year away

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I'm not against Early Access per se, but at least give us something decent, like post-Alpha.

Otherwise might aswell release a developpment kit and call it Early Access.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
bros, how's the mod now? thought about finally purchasing arma2 (if it'll be on sale for christmas) to try it out after all the hype since the standalone is more than a year away
You're probably better off waiting a couple of months and playing the standalone alpha.

thesoup

Arcane
Don't. The mod went full shit what with the retarded community.

The standalone, from what I've read, is essentially the same as the mod, only more Skyrim / Sims like, meaning you now also have a bunch of helmets. Some other stuff was added, like handcuffs, some UI changes, blood types, etc, but the game still has some day 1 mod bugs like zombies clipping through walls. Truly pathetic. Not to mention there will be no first person locked servers until Beta and I can bet that even then 99% servers will have turd person enabled, just like the fucking mod. Also, every fucking streamer and youtuber play in turd person, except Ceremor, though he's not really that popular. Fucking casual community ruined this game.
Also, it was repeatedly said the alpha would cost less than 20$, including at E3 this year, but BIS gonna Jew, I guess. There's a long list of features to be implemented, mostly useless ones, and since Dean Hall has no track record of actually doing anything useful with the mod, I won't be betting my money of half of them being implemented, and the other half will likely just be half-assed and buggy.

praetor

Arcane
Don't. The mod went full shit what with the retarded community.

The standalone, from what I've read, is essentially the same as the mod, only more Skyrim / Sims like, meaning you now also have a bunch of helmets. Some other stuff was added, like handcuffs, some UI changes, blood types, etc, but the game still has some day 1 mod bugs like zombies clipping through walls. Truly pathetic. Not to mention there will be no first person locked servers until Beta and I can bet that even then 99% servers will have turd person enabled, just like the fucking mod. Also, every fucking streamer and youtuber play in turd person, except Ceremor, though he's not really that popular. Fucking casual community ruined this game.
Also, it was repeatedly said the alpha would cost less than 20$, including at E3 this year, but BIS gonna Jew, I guess. There's a long list of features to be implemented, mostly useless ones, and since Dean Hall has no track record of actually doing anything useful with the mod, I won't be betting my money of half of them being implemented, and the other half will likely just be half-assed and buggy.

yeah, half the internet is raging at the retarded release. it almost makes RTW2 look like a finished game. and thanks... but too late :)

saw that A2 was selling for peanuts on BI's store so snagged that, hopefully the campaigns can at least provide some entertainment when i'm in a "manly broski killing insurgents" mood or something (and i guess the coop can be awesome... is that noob-friendly clan still active/noob-friendly?). and maybe there are other A2 mods worth checking out? btw, when on topic of "other mods", i saw dayz "spawned" some submods, with the more popular ones being Origins and Epoch. anybody tried those?

CSM

Cipher
Patron
If they can just make it run like normal it'll be fine. Minecraft's problem was the developer promising some kind of adventure mode without him really knowing what that should have been.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom