Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha.

Harold

Arcane
Couldn't even make it past the first question.
RPGWatch: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is probably the best game I've ever played. So, when is the sequel coming :)? Do you have any plans to work on a new, atmospheric first-person RPG in the future?
Goddamn, RPGWatch is so retarded.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's always good to get reaffirmation that Bloodlines bombed on release.

imweasel

i will be playing it. i hope this game lose his vapourware state :)
Me too. I had a good time playing the beta 6 months ago.

It has a lot of potential, it just needs more content, polishing and bug fixing.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Is Mitsoda working anywhere else in game development and this game is his pet-hobby project or it's his full time occupation?
Btw, this was prolly discussed before (and maybe i even read it), but was he one of the voice actors in Bloodlines? His voice (if that's him on youtube) sounds just like the wacky advert announcer from Deb's radio. Slick talker.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yep, i thought it too. Better than a lot of profeshunal voice actors in lot of games. Did he voice some of the chars as well aside from radio voice? I think he did, but can't remember.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Won't be buying this game and neither should you. Not so much because of the repulsive moral double standards, but the simple fact that this bunch is associated with the same circlejerk.

Though I do wonder how Mrs. Mitsoda would feel if her husband was one of the people ~Qwinn had been spreading her STD's with, hehe.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Won't be buying this game and neither should you. Not so much because of the repulsive moral double standards, but the simple fact that this bunch is associated with the same circlejerk.

Though I do wonder how Mrs. Mitsoda would feel if her husband was one of the people ~Qwinn had been spreading her STD's with, hehe.

Keep it up, drama queen. Nobody cares.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Bearded guys are always the best. At everything.
He also did the amazing NWN2 final cutscene voiceover.
Funny. I remember playing NWN2 to the end when it was released, but can't remember shit about final cut scene. I think i'd remembered it if it had awful voice acting comparing to the rest of the game, which was meh.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yeah, Bloodlines WAS atmospheric as it gets and it was also one of the best RPGs ever made. Yeah, combat wasn't very good, but at least there were lot of different builds to deal with it differently or avoid it entirely. Black Isle/Troyka were basically only game dev companies that actually cared about this shit, so give them some respect, will ya. Most of the games released today are Bioware clones and even those which are not are much shittier than a buggy Troyka game.
Seems that Codex has become too edgy for its own good.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I won't argue that VTMB was not atmospheric, just "atmospheric first-person RPG" sounds retarded.

...and it was third-person.

At least I played it that way:troll:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yeah, me too. I always choose the third person view if it's possible, because it give more awareness of your surroundings and what you can do with them. Floating gun is for Doom n shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom