Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What about quests bugs - I mean some quests not checking off?
Did you play after Patch #5 (1-29-15)? I know that was supposed to fix some To-Do List stuff. Didn't test it myself.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
What about quests bugs - I mean some quests not checking off?

I've fixed the issues with the refinery, I think those changes made it in but we forgot to add it to the changelog. We'll work on fixing most bugs for the next release. Also, it will include a re-balance of the normal game apart from the hardcore changes.

The zombie grouping affects takedown and bite chances.

lightbane

Arcane
A new update? Very good. So, when is this game going to get a discount/thrown into a bundle? :troll:

Now seriously, I'm speaking from the demo, but I would like to know if that's intentional or something I'm missing: Is there a hotkey for the "take all" option whenever you're looting? Also, is there a way to produce multiple items of the same kind? For some reason, I wasn't able to tell my comrades to create multiple Molotovs in exchange of taking longer, they would always take 1 hour and create 1 unit, forcing me to select that option again and again if I wanted more :decline:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Now seriously, I'm speaking from the demo, but I would like to know if that's intentional or something I'm missing: Is there a hotkey for the "take all" option whenever you're looting?

I think not, but I'll add one. Suggestions?

Also, is there a way to produce multiple items of the same kind? For some reason, I wasn't able to tell my comrades to create multiple Molotovs in exchange of taking longer, they would always take 1 hour and create 1 unit, forcing me to select that option again and again if I wanted more

I can't recall, but there should be. Will check.

lightbane

Arcane
Now seriously, I'm speaking from the demo, but I would like to know if that's intentional or something I'm missing: Is there a hotkey for the "take all" option whenever you're looting?

I think not, but I'll add one. Suggestions?

Well, something as simple as pressing the "e" key to take everything that you can carry. Of course, said key should be able to be changed in the options menu.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well if they wont make another rpg, I just want an FPS with RPG elements in the source engine where Brian does the voice acting for every single character then. Oh and The Deb of Night chick.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there a way to highlight interactive objects in this game?

"z"

It's in the tutorial you knob.

Anyway, my first impressions are very much positive. I have a list of bullet points I'll drop at some point, hopefully the feedback will be helpful. Cheers!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
35% off doesn't really qualify as "on sale" anymore. Tag me when it's 75% off.

Mortmal

Arcane
That game.. its good. Apparently i just played it 4 hours straight thats what steam stats says . Only stopping because i am tired , when i cant stop playing like that its a good sign. I never tried it before,the 70% on metacritic showered my enthusiasm ,i guess all the negative reiews were cause of bugs , that early access probably hurt them a lot. Will i be disapointed later ? So far its really addictive falloutish and really entertaining.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Thanks! The issues that we are aware (apart from some bugs) are balance for armors and supplies, and a bit of a drag in the endgame, but we are working on fixing those.

lightbane

Arcane
Random question: With this new update, are throwing weapons still based on some sort of obscure mechanic that you cannot affect, or are these influenced by your ability with ranged weaponry? Also, I understand that grenades and such are lost after using these, but bolas and the like shouldn't vaporize after throwing them (I remember throwing one against a zombie for testing, failing to hit and the bolas disappearing from the game-world).

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I don't think we will be implementing recoverable items, especially if they miss. The engine currently doesn't support it. Regarding grenades, they have their throw range set as a property.

We are currently working on combat balance, I'm pretty sure you are going to like the changes.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I don't think we will be implementing recoverable items, especially if they miss. The engine currently doesn't support it. Regarding grenades, they have their throw range set as a property.

We are currently working on combat balance, I'm pretty sure you are going to like the changes.
Do you have a rough ETA? As in, April, May or Christmas?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
cX88bgr.png

Anyone else notice that the password for this message was Thursday?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm finally playing and definitely enjoying the game.
It's too easy after a while (not reloading a lot in such a game is always a sure sign), but still a lot of fun.

As a dev (or actually any sane person with some knowledge about games), I can definitely see that someone put in a lot of effort with very limited resources.

And besides being too easy, the combat is definitely the weakest spot. A perspective and game like that just screams "give me XCOM or at least a cover & flanking mechanic*".

* I know that you get a higher attack% when flanking, but it should do much more, including more damage. That would also make a zombie horde an actual threat.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thanks! The issues that we are aware (apart from some bugs) are balance for armors and supplies, and a bit of a drag in the endgame, but we are working on fixing those.

I've put 61 hours in the game , it was really a good experience very close to greatness.Why close ? I encountered the same few issues you mention, the armor being both too heavy and making things too easy but alas much worse.

Around day 60 or so i ran out of places to loot, a lack of supplies as i play games without spoilers and diddnt know the rationing perk is mandatory to handle it. Dont get me wrong, dead state is a huge , obviously very ambitious game, but i still ran out from locations to loot .
In a post apocalyptic world it seems reasonable to limit the number of people in the shelter, and thats what i would do, but doing so deprives you from a lot of funny content and character interactions. So i invited everyone i met, however by day 60 or so i ran out of places to explore and lacking supplies. I could not give more jobs to people(most of them are idle now) nor expand more,impossible to build more farm plots.No new events, or very rare...

Thats when the shit hits the fan, rationing food makes people disgruntled. I though then , hey why not run my shelter like the governor and shooting unhappy guys whenever the opportunity occurs...It ends one morning (day 85) with davis shooting me during conversation, nothing i can do no skillcheck, no rampaging the shelter with loyalists .. Nope just game over i was almost done and have to reload weeks ago, not too happy by this event. Wish there was more possible events in overrall , and different way to run your shelter.
Would pay for an expansion pack.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I can't believe they complained about budget issues. Anyone played Expedition: Conquistador? Way less of a budget to go on than Dead State from the Kickstarter, and they made a superior game in my opinion.

I also feel like the update that just released should've been how the game was shipped/released. Absolutely no reason for the game to have been so bug-ladden on release. If anything, they should've just waited another year.

Also, I'm not at all going to Kickstart or support on day one this company again. So, the little comment about it being difficult to justify making a sequel etc... good riddance.

Saduj

Arcane
Started playing this again and I'm into it enough that its cost me some needed sleep - the true measure of how much I'm enjoying any game.

On Day 10. My observations so far:

• Noise mechanic isn't perfect but its a nice feature that adds at least some depth. First time I tried using zombies as allies, my timing was off and hilarity ensued.
  • The way healing works in the game incents you to change up your looting party from time to time. There are also legitimate reasons to take different allies on different runs, although so far I never know what I'll be facing ahead of time.
  • After first 2-3 days, game is open world and hand holding really decreases. Seems like running out of some resources is possible, although this may be an illusion.
  • Good amount of C&C. So far I've only seen the short term, obvious results of my decisions. But there is huge potential for later, unexpected consequences so I'm hoping the game delivers.
  • Not everyone is an ally or enemy. During one encounter, some fellow survivors didn't want me around and warned me off. Needing their stuff, I waited around until they became hostile and then mowed them down. Figured that since they shot first, they would be considered the bad guys. When I got back home, someone called me on my bullshit (although consequences were nothing because game only counted one victim as a neutral). Next time I found a neutral I larped spared him.
  • Two annoying bugs I've experienced - Dead enemies sometimes stack on same space and only top one can be searched. Enemies can inhabit the same space. Half of my party could only attack one enemy on that space. The other half could only attack the other. I've also seen two NPCs inhabit same space.

Last edited:

Supermedo

Augur
Does the game still have shitload of bugs ? seriously I'm getting fucking tired of playing a game to discover a game breaking bug mid-game (Goddammit Wasteland 2 and PoE).

Mortmal

Arcane
Does the game still have shitload of bugs ? seriously I'm getting fucking tired of playing a game to discover a game breaking bug mid-game (Goddammit Wasteland 2 and PoE).

No serious bugs, a few graphical glitches in the shelter sometimes. Its mostly bug free completely playable till the end. Keep multiples saves in case of , but nothing horrible happened to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom