Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I wonder if it's a good idea for them to launch it now. Seems a bit overcrowded.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well the most prominent projects have already been funded and there is no other big RPG kickstarter running at this point. Personally Im gonna give around 50$ but that depends on rewards.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
It's also hard to guess whether there'll be more or less Kickstarters if they choose to delay, I suppose the benefit of getting funds and working full time on the game sooner might in their minds outweigh the risks?

First I'll see what they offer when kickstarter goes live (and I don't mean stupid reward tiers either), and if they convince me, probably minimum. I'm a bit skeptic about this project... Seems somehow fishy...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, they can always promise zombie romances or something and make a killing. Otherwise, I don't see this getting much attention.

Well, they can always promise zombie romances or something and make a killing. Otherwise, I don't see this getting much attention.

It's too bad, because I would like to play a proper zombie crpg, I mean rogue survivor is great, but it's a roguelike, now, I have nothing against roguelikes, but still, I'd like a proper rpg. If only the guys that did rogue survivor would go kickstarter... :smug:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, maybe they'll have a good pitch, but if what they did so far in that direction is anything to go by, I wouldn't put my faith in it. The best incentive for me would be to announce they fired their 2d guy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's up to the Kickstarter page to convince me. I'm particularly interested in their planning and scheduling, since it's mostly crowdsourced.

Deleted member 7219

This is Brian Mitsoda's game, right? I like him, he did excellent work on Bloodlines, but I need to hear more about the game first.

Phelot

Arcane
I enjoy Multiheaded Cow's LPs of zombie rogue likes, but otherwise, I dislike the whole zombie genre and if I recall correctly this deals more with maintaining a hold out against them? Eh.

Also, where is the concept art of the black woman with T-Rex arms? :lol:

EDIT:

PwMLq.png

ITZ COMING

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I enjoy Multiheaded Cow's LPs of zombie rogue likes, but otherwise, I dislike the whole zombie genre and if I recall correctly this deals more with maintaining a hold out against them? Eh.

EDIT:

pic

ITZ COMING
:lol:

Where is the whole thing, anyway? It must be preserved for future generations.

Renegen

Arcane
I think some people forget this is going to be a real isomeric RPG, there's not many of them around. And it's made by bros.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Extremely hesitant since there's nothing guaranteeing any particular time frame of release.

Phelot

Arcane

EDIT:

pic

ITZ COMING
:lol:

Where is the whole thing, anyway? It must be preserved for future generations.

Dead State Design Update: Meet the Team

I assume Kosmonaut made it. It's from that imageshack link

visions

Arcane
But so is AoD. I don't mean to say AoD is bad but there's a pretty big range of games that fit that basic description.

A horror type game more about survival than looting and fighting and exploring just seems very meh as JF put it. There's clear choices on KS already that I know I like the concept, so why support something I might possibly like but suspect I won't.

I actually like the concept, I am however doubtful over whether and what they will eventually deliver. Doubtful enough to probably keep my jewgold to myself, anyhow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom