Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

kris

Arcane
Won't be buying this game and neither should you. Not so much because of the repulsive moral double standards, but the simple fact that this bunch is associated with the same circlejerk.

Though I do wonder how Mrs. Mitsoda would feel if her husband was one of the people ~Qwinn had been spreading her STD's with, hehe.

Dont go overboard haba (there are SJW sharks out there!). This is just a person giving a simple "I support u" about something she knows little to nothing about. It is the equvivalent of you metting up someone you hardly know and he says that some group of people have been harassing him. You wouldn't then start a investigation as to whether his claim is true, right? More likely you will just say some simple "don't bother with them, they are assholes".

Annie's mistake in this is instead forgetting that these things are more or less public, so what is said will be scrutinized. Likely she don't care though.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Annie's mistake in this is instead forgetting that these things are more or less public, so what is said will be scrutinized. Likely she don't care though.

Looking at her tweet history, I suspect the Codex are the only people who know who Annie Mitsoda is. She's infinitely less well known than Zoe.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Funny. I remember playing NWN2 to the end when it was released, but can't remember shit about final cut scene. I think i'd remembered it if it had awful voice acting comparing to the rest of the game, which was meh.

Laugh at how little he cares.

Dont go overboard haba (there are SJW sharks out there!). This is just a person giving a simple "I support u" about something she knows little to nothing about. It is the equvivalent of you metting up someone you hardly know and he says that some group of people have been harassing him. You wouldn't then start a investigation as to whether his claim is true, right? More likely you will just say some simple "don't bother with them, they are assholes".

https://twitter.com/Murderblonde/status/497858664514867200
https://twitter.com/Murderblonde/status/500195956088774656
https://twitter.com/Murderblonde/status/502325901413974016

Middle-tweet is double-staaaaaaaaaandarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdssss.

I for one am outraged (I'm not really outraged, I just think it's funny [if you want to comment more on these shenanigans it'd be best to take it to the more-appropriate thread]).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't remember a thing about NWN2 except for the trial (which was the only good part). That and the annoying pseudo-muslim green chick who always said 'know this, know that' in some form of broken Hindu-Ingrrrrish.

SniperHF

Arcane
Very curious to see how this is coming along. Played the first version of the 7 day demo way back and was underwhelmed by both the dialog and complexity. Hopefully the later game non-tutorialy sections are better.

Since Pillars is halfway unplayable this will do for now. Downloading.

EDIT: heh, maybe this will be unplayable too. Though the first 7 days was buggy in terms of AI, I never had any crashing or corrupted saves.

Save/Load:
The biggest issue with saves right now is that some save files are getting corrupted after players explore a large quantity of locations. This is a critical priority for us, so hang in there! Again, please save your game in multiple files to lower the risk of losing your game progress until we get this fixed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wonder what that one autist has to say about this.

Good luck getting this thing presentable within two months.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
beta featurelist for those who are interested:

The Dead State Beta is finally here! If you've activated your Steam key, your copy of Dead State should automatically update. If you never received your key or lost it, please message us on Kickstarter and we'll try to get back to you with your key as soon as we can.

Since I don’t want to keep you in suspense, I’ll kick off this announcement with our impressive changelog:

- 75+ new locations
- 30+ new allies
- 500+ new dialogues
- Crisis events
- New enemy types & factions
- Vehicle travel
- Skill perks
- Ally traits
- Thrown weapons
- Data system (basic)
- Dog allies and enemies
- Special weapons
- Neutral encounters
- Tutorial elements
- Pause menu
- New save & load screens
- New goals
- Allies tracker on Goals screen
- Fence attacks
- New jobs
- Shelter upgrades

… And a whole lot more cool stuff!

[...]

Known Issues and Missing Features & Content
Remember how I said there were a few bits missing and some kinks still being worked out? Right here, I’ll tell you about some of the big’uns we’re aware of.

For the longer version of the Known Issues list, go here.

AI:

AI is still pretty basic right now. We’re already working on vast improvements to the AI system that you’ll see in the first patch. Eventually, enemies will exhibit more advanced tactics and behaviors that vary among different enemy types.

Dialogue and Scripting: Dialogue and scripting are one of our highest priorities and are constantly being added to and improved.
- There are still a few missing dialogues for specific characters, and more dialogue may very well be added in polish stage.
- A number of world events are not scripted yet so if it seems like something more should be happening in a scene, chances are you’re right ;)
- Scripting is also missing or minimal in numerous ally encounters, so sometimes dialogue may not match up with what actually happens when you meet a new ally out in the world.
- There are a few neutral encounters already in the game, but more are planned for the future.

Pathfinding:
- There are still a few weird behaviors being exhibited during pathfinding, such as jittering, sliding, occupying the same space, and meandering. There’s also some lag that comes up occasionally while pathfinding. Pathfinding optimization will happen closer to final release.
- There’s currently an issue where allies do not follow the active character up or down stairs. This is a very high priority issue for us to fix in an upcoming patch.

Combat:
Weapons, armor, medical items, combat skills, special attacks, and combat encounters are still being balanced and tweaked. Roof behavior is still not ideal and we have plans to make sure the roof stays invisible when any ally is inside of it, among other things.

Crashes and Locks:Crashes and locks are one of our absolute highest priorities, so rest assured that we’re working on solutions for these even as you read these words. Right now, these are the known crashes that occur in the game:
- There is a rare crash that occurs when players begin to load into a location from the area map and then click somewhere else on the map before the location loads up.
- Rarely, the game soft locks after an ally panics
- the player character’s turn starts and s/he has zero AP and the game is stuck on the player’s turn.
- A crash occurs when a character with no weapons equipped attempts to stand up from knockdown.
- A crash occurs when player wakes up their PC after it’s entered sleep mode with the game open.

Save/Load: The biggest issue with saves right now is that some save files are getting corrupted after players explore a large quantity of locations. This is a critical priority for us, so hang in there! Again, please save your game in multiple files to lower the risk of losing your game progress until we get this fixed.

Levels:
While many levels are fully playable, there are also a few levels at various stages of completion. Some levels may be missing loot, enemies, or even props, and there are certainly plenty that still require additional scripting too.

Perks:
- Leadership Commands are not fully implemented in the beta yet. Only "Go!" and "Aim for the Head" are working right now.
- A few other perks are also not functioning as designed in the beta; they will be fixed in a future update.

Again, the full list of Known Issues is available here.

DS beta looks a lot more solid than the shovelware Sawyer peddled. At least the BUTTHURT RELEASE thread for PoE is mercifully free of roguey or the thing would be at 1k+ pages already.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I can't play it. My graphics card sounds like it's cooling to save the fucking planet while the game lags like crazy.

So I can't really take away too much from the beta. Writing seems to be the same as in the demo?

The only feedback I can give at this point is that the font size is for me very hard to read at 1080p.

SniperHF

Arcane
I can't play it. My graphics card sounds like it's cooling to save the fucking planet while the game lags like crazy.

So I can't really take away too much from the beta. Writing seems to be the same as in the demo?

The only feedback I can give at this point is that the font size is for me very hard to read at 1080p.

Everyone seems to get font size wrong :lol:
The writing is the same so far in the content we have already seen. Once I get to the later areas I'll report back.

Surprised your system doesn't like it though. The Irontower spin on torque has always run well for me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
DS beta looks a lot more solid than the shovelware Sawyer peddled.
They're releasing this in two months (maybe, ideally). Obsidian has four and a team of tens.

At least the BUTTHURT RELEASE thread for PoE is mercifully free of roguey or the thing would be at 1k+ pages already.
That thing's only existed for a little over a week and it's already almost 100 pages, sounds like mission accomplished to me.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Everyone seems to get font size wrong :lol:
gggg.gif

literally everyone. what's bad about good-sized readable text?
I even have good eyes but that shit is straining. this design practice is what causes bad eyesight.

agris

Arcane
Patron
At least the BUTTHURT RELEASE thread for PoE is mercifully free of roguey or the thing would be at 1k+ pages already.
That thing's only existed for a little over a week and it's already almost 100 pages, sounds like mission accomplished to me.
You have a chance to positively influence development, why would you not? You obviously care more than the average cRPG gamer.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No, that's pretty terrible compared to the likes of Mask of the Betrayer, Fallout, his own performances in Bloodlines, or even ToEE. He sounds bored because he is.

Anyway time for :incloosive:
ss_fbcb399ffba0d2fe311e9d39e420d04e58de9fe7.1920x1080.jpg

Options 2 and 4 are hilariously absurd. If that's not temp, oh man.

And of course I love how this is a screenshot they're using to advertise the game on Steam. :D

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, that's pretty terrible compared to the likes of Mask of the Betrayer, Fallout, his own performances in Bloodlines, or even ToEE. He sounds bored because he is.

Anyway time for :incloosive:
ss_fbcb399ffba0d2fe311e9d39e420d04e58de9fe7.1920x1080.jpg

Options 2 and 4 are hilariously absurd. If that's not temp, oh man.

And of course I love how this is a screenshot they're using to advertise the game on Steam. :D
Handled better than BioWare. :deadhorse:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I disagree.

"Gonna talk about my boyfriend here, make a joke about it."
"You're gay?!?!?!?!?!?!"
"No. I was just pretending."

"Got anything to reward me with" is as Bioware-evil as it gets. I can't even imagine anyone saying that after helping someone out.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Yeah that last one is kinda terrible. Totally unnatural, unless you're completely devoid of social skills/personnality/whatever.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Got anything to reward me with" is as Bioware-evil as it gets. I can't even imagine anyone saying that after helping someone out.
It's a joke. I bet the guy replies with, "What do you think this is, a video game?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom