Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alekhine's Gun (formerly Death to Spies 3)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Finished the demo. Castle does open up a bit, has a second courtyard and a second building, but nothing too amazing. On par with the smaller DtS2 levels. Had some nice little touches though, like POWs in a jail cell and such. Challenge was non-existent, but like I said it feels like a first level before moving on to Cold War time, so not sure that means anything. Level one in previous games was harder though. I used a loud gun and only people in that room and next door were alerted, hopefully that was a glitch. Poisoned the other dude with food by waiting for exact right moment when guards near food were looking the other way. Seemed alright.

All in all it's easy but worth playing, and hopefully later levels would be harder. Derp modernizing mechanics seemed pretty ignorable. Discovered map shows enemy positions though, that's kind of dumb, but at least it's not on the HUD.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Press release received:

The legendary “Death to Spies” game developer turns to Kickstarter to fund the triquel.

Haggard Games, an indie game developer from Rostov-on-Don, Russia is proud to announce the launch of a Kickstarter campaign on September 9, 2014 for the third part of its legendary game series “Death to Spies”.

The goal is to raise $85000 by October 24, 2014 with a plan to release the game a year later, in October 2015. Kickstarter’s set of rewards includes the game itself (digital and physical copies), early beta access, soundtrack, and an art & hints book. For pledges of $80 and more, backers will get an advanced MOD toolset to customize a basic version of the game or even to create their own game levels. In addition to virtual rewards there are many amazing physical ones, such as a brandy “Death to Spies 3” t-shirt, an original Soviet army dog tag, or KGB Commander Watches (waterproof and shock-resistant) with an engraved game logo on the back. Eleven top backers will get a unique chance to be promoted as national leaders inside the game, while the $5000 backer will receive an exclusive “Death to Spies” original oil painting from the Haggard Games team.

More information about the Death to Spies 3 game can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haggardgames/99219328?token=3c55ecae

All related press assets are available here: http://www.haggardgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=death_to_spies_3

Steam Greenlight project page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262334958

Playable demo is available at this link:
http://www.haggardgames.com/dload/dts3demo_setup.exe

About the Death to Spies 3 Game:

Death to Spies 3 is a stealth action game, which combines the essence of game classics such as Hitman, Commandos and Splinter Cell titles. It's the third part in the series, with all the action occurring during such significant periods in human history as World War II and the Cold War. Taking place in five countries (Europe and the United States), the main storyline is interspersed into the dramatic story of the John F. Kennedy assassination and the conspiracy theory behind it. You play a KGB agent, who uses various sneak and spy skills to complete his mission objectives. Furthermore, the team mode will allow a player to involve two more game characters with unique sets of skills and tools, switching between them any time during the gameplay.
Exacting players will have a chance to improve the game or even to create their own unique game levels by using advanced MOD tools.

About Haggard Games:

Haggard Games is an indie game developer from Rostov-on-Don, Russia. Founded in 2005, it is well known as the developer of the “Death to Spies” legendary game series, published by Atari (US) and Nobilis (France).
Haggard Games consists of a small and tight team of experienced programmers and artists, who share all their skills and passion in creating new, very appealing games.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
I wonder if they will make it. I played the first DtS just a bit and loved, then got distracted by Thief Gold.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New press release:

“Death to Spies 3” game developer reveals a new location “Angels in Texas”

Haggard Games, a developer of “Death to Spies 3” game reveals a new location called “Angels in Texas” there in their Kickstarter update .

“Today, we want to show you some footage (work in progress) from level in Texas. It’s a biker club house and among objectives for this mission, there will be kidnapping of some bad guy (secret.. secret).”

Video of Death to Spies 3 - “Angels in Texas”:

Death to Spies 3 Kickstarter campaign:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haggardgames/death-to-spies-3

About the Death to Spies 3 Game:

Death to Spies 3 is a stealth action game, which combines the essence of game classics such as Hitman, Commandos and Splinter Cell titles. It's the third part in the series, with all the action occurring during such significant periods in human history as World War II and the Cold War. Taking place in five countries (Europe and the United States), the main storyline is interspersed into the dramatic story of the John F. Kennedy assassination and the conspiracy theory behind it. You play a KGB agent, who uses various sneak and spy skills to complete his mission objectives. Furthermore, the team mode will allow a player to involve two more game characters with unique sets of skills and tools, switching between them any time during the gameplay.
Exacting players will have a chance to improve the game or even to create their own unique game levels by using advanced MOD tools.

All related press assets are available here: http://www.haggardgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=death_to_spies_3

Steam Greenlight project page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262334958

Playable demo is available at this link:
http://www.haggardgames.com/dload/dts3demo_setup.exe

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
“Death to Spies 3” game developer reveals new location “Black Book”

Haggard Games, an indie game developer on their new Kickstarter update reveals new location called “Black Book”.

About the location and mission:

The story: In March 1960, the CIA put forward their plan for the overthrow of Castro's administration to the U.S. NSC and already in April began to recruit anti-Castro Cuban exiles in the Miami area. Assessment and training was carried out on Useppa Island and at various other facilities in South Florida.

Gameplay: in this mission the player will infiltrate such training base to gather some information about CIA assassins, eliminate some targets and sow fear and chaos to the hearts of anti-Castro soldiers.

Video Death to Spies 3 - “Black Book”:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's a shame that despite the rabid anger of the Hitman community at the last Hitman game no one can look outside their fucking comfort zone and notice this series exists, and is everything a good Hitman game is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
“Death to Spies 3” game developer reveals new location “A Mole Among Us”
Haggard Games, an indie game developer on their new Kickstarter update reveals new location called “A Mole Among Us”.

About the location and mission:

The story: “Mole” – in espionage jargon is a term that used by Soviet Intelligence (KGB) meaning an agent that deeply incorporated into the structure of the enemy forces, tending to deliver an important, sensitive information. Often this people are recruited “for growth”, with a view that sooner or later the “Mole” will reach higher position in the hostile organization and will deliver useful information.

Gameplay: Player's objectives on this level will be to find out who is the “Mole”, record conversation with hostile party and eliminate the traitor without the noise.

Video Death to Spies 3 - “A Mole Among Us”:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
“Death to Spies 3” game developer reveals more details of the storyline and post new video “Takedowns”

Haggard Games, an indie game developer on their new Kickstarter update reveals new video with some of the available takedowns in the game, storyline and the new character.

“There are many conspiracy theories about John F. Kennedy assassination, starting from Mafia, Soviet involvement and up to the most common idea that it was CIA secret operation. So, you as a KGB colonel will help your old American friend from World War 2, who is working in CIA, to find out what is going on there in a political backstage, trying to prevent an JFK assassination and to keep Soviet Union out of bad consequences of this tragedy, out of being framed up as a guilty in this crime.”

Video from Death to Spies 3 - “Takedowns”:

Kickstarter Update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haggardgames/death-to-spies-3/posts/994969

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I can't load kickstarter of this game. I played 3 missions of the first one, but i found it somewhat boring or maybe i'm just butthurtt. Hitman Contracts is still the best for me.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I can't load kickstarter of this game. I played 3 missions of the first one, but i found it somewhat boring or maybe i'm just butthurtt. Hitman Contracts is still the best for me.

Try the second one if you ever get the chance. It's much better. Both games are a slower, more intense Hitman though. If you don't like it you don't like it. I did.

TripJack

Hedonist
dunno about 2 being much better, i thought it was p much more of the same

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
dunno about 2 being much better, i thought it was p much more of the same

I haven't played them since they came out but I remember liking 2 a lot more. I also remember 2 didn't have the silly save limitations of the first, or something like that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
“Death to Spies 3” game developer reveals new location “You Only Live Twice”
Haggard Games, an indie game developer on their new Kickstarter update reveals new location called “You Only Live Twice”.

Gameplay: in this mission the player will infiltrate the nuclear bunker to seek vengeance.

Video Death to Spies 3 - “You Only Live Twice”:

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
Not even 10% of funding needed with just about two weeks to go. There is a better chance of me getting a handjob from Emma Stone than this KS succeeding.

:killit:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Where is that dumb mobs crowd, throwing money for promise of good game, when you need them? Don't tell me they're run out of money because I don't believe.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Unfortunately, Death to Spies 3: Stealth Action, Hitman meets Splinter Cell by Haggard Games was not successfully funded.‏

spiesqvk0d.png

:decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom