Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Trash - edgy post-apocalyptic isometric action-RPG - now available on Early Access

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
So the options are cyborg, female and trans-gender? What happened to male? What is this non inclusive nonsense?
I could be wrong, but I'm assuming the dev is part of the social justice bandwagon.

Who cares who he is. The game better be good...

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
So the options are cyborg, female and trans-gender? What happened to male? What is this non inclusive nonsense?
I could be wrong, but I saw male after he clicked upper arrows. If someone could open this frame it would be helpful.

tormund

Arcane
This game is obviously a parody of Fallout. I'm surprised so many people here have failed to realize that, some even used gothic as an example of appropriate use of swearing in an RPG.
Really? Setting, art direction, writing, combat... have p much nothing in common with Fallout. Only similarity is that both games are cRPGS (? in this case) in some sort of post apocalyptic environment.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
I could be wrong, but I saw male after he clicked upper arrows. If someone could open this frame it would be helpful.
BLPvsro.png

Also there are two more character sprites in the tech demo (one is bearded man), dunno if they are using them anymore or only blue haired one to save time and effort.
It probably has no effect on the game anyway.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
This game is obviously a parody of Fallout. I'm surprised so many people here have failed to realize that, some even used gothic as an example of appropriate use of swearing in an RPG.
Really? Setting, art direction, writing, combat... have p much nothing in common with Fallout. Only similarity is that both games are cRPGS (? in this case) in some sort of post apocalyptic environment.

Maybe not directly to fallout but to that kind of game(narrative heavy pos-apoc cRPG). Just like Earthbound is a parody of jRPGs like FF and DQ, despite having nothing in common to those in terms of setting.

It's clearly not a game that takes itself seriously, which is why I find it kinda silly comparing it to something like Gothic. It's like comparing "Analyze This" to "The Godfather".

pippin

Is this the first PC RPG where you can explicitly create a transgender character? I'm sure there must be a been a few indies in the past...

Ultima 3 had a third gender. SJW indies always forget about that.

Lhynn

Arcane
Every CYOA in the last year seems to have an option for trannies.

pippin

What difference does it make to have three genders if your character is a blurry mess?

Lhynn

Arcane
Looks good men, cant wait to pirate the .apk

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I'm assuming the dev is part of the social justice bandwagon.

What a hilarious response. Think of all the years and games where we got male protags and all was well and good, nothing to complain about, but a mere misperception of a lack of males in a single game, the mere suggestion of it, is enough to get the hate juices flowing and frothing at the mouth.

pippin

What a hilarious response. Think of all the years and games where we got male protags and all was well and good, nothing to complain about, but a mere misperception of a lack of males in a single game, the mere suggestion of it, is enough to get the hate juices flowing and frothing at the mouth.

It's more of a thing about the spirit of the age more than anything else. I've always thought the people complaining about not having male protagonists are a bit weird, though. It's just a bunch of pixels, and in one way you're just like those who think "character creation" means "how many hairstyles can my character have?".

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

If the whole mantra nowadays is all about inclusion and diversity, then yeah, I'd think they would add a male option among the others.
Oh, and there were games where the main protagonist wasn't male. The tomb raider, bayonetta and metroid franchises to give some examples, and they are pretty successful too. So much for hate juice.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
They are well known and lauded franchises. That is sufficient. Unless you are telling me that you'd rather have a thousand shitty games with female leads to balance out the thousand shitty games with male leads.
That won't solve anything.

Modron

Arcane
They are well known and lauded franchises. That is sufficient. Unless you are telling me that you'd rather have a thousand shitty games with female leads to balance out the thousand shitty games with male leads.
That won't solve anything.

Eh, steam is getting close to having a thousand shitty games with female leads http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Female Protagonist/#p=0&tab=TopSellers. However, this measure is using user tags so I imagine there are many more games that haven't been labeled yet as
:incloosive:.

Granted there might be a handful of good games in there but wading through the crap to find the gems might just be a task of sisyphean proportions.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Eh, steam is getting close to having a thousand shitty games with female leads http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Female Protagonist/#p=0&tab=TopSellers. However, this measure is using user tags so I imagine there are many more games that haven't been labeled yet as
:incloosive:.

Granted there might be a handful of good games in there but wading through the crap to find the gems might just be a task of sisyphean proportions.

Dragon Age: Origins is worth a try if you like hardcore RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom