Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I need my Dominions fix. I need something. I need something different, yet proven.

dark_sun_glory_by_silverbladete.jpg

Codexers love the Wastelands, no?

I'd like to check if there is interest in another dumb lulz game with the Wasteland settings, like the old Pink_Natajara done by good old Caul Shivers. The map will the the 69 ALL WASTELAND map, and the settings will be

Research - Normal
Magic Sites - 0
Indies - 9
Score Graphs - On
Hall Of Fame - 15

Everything can be discussed, of course. I'd like to employ NationGen again, as I've not seen the last versions and I bet my pants that a shitton of retarded stuff got in.

steppe.jpg

Map link: https://a.pomf.cat/ntafhx.rar

I don't remember if this is the version with broken starts or not, I'll need to check. If I get enough players, I'll start generating batches of NationGen stuff and get around 20-30 insane random choices.

I'd love to go full Dark Sun and require to larp with a Dragon Pretender, but you bastards won't like it, I guess.

This game will be, by nature, less micro-intensive and will require different strategies, as the resources are few.

The Rulers of Dust:

raw , Per-bayt, MAN - CAVE OF DESIRE
Muty SUBMIT YOUR CHOICE MUTY
Joined on the 4th of July Men-nefnakhdu BATCH 3
Caul Shivers SPIVAZ BATCH 2
Grimwulf ZIMBABWE BATCH 2
Zephyr Arsland LAPICH BATCH 1
Dayyālu HISS'ITH BATCH 3
Isiloon TSIH'TIS BATCH 2
sqeecoo CEASIG BATCH 2
Dreaad XOCO BATCH 1
Kool Noodles WAKE RAKE BATCH 1

Ten players. Good for me.

Last edited:

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Aye, there's interest alright matey.
Grimwulf, you old toothless, pox ridden, misbegotten, skirt stained hag of a good for nothin' wench, I require, nay, I demand satisfaction! (not of that kind)

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Welcome on-board. I discovered that NationGen added Skeleton giants cavalry, Cavemen cavalry, some inane pop types, cursed troops that revive from death as ghouls, "spawn" troops (recruitable random foulspawns!).

Truly, the substance of dreams. I'm trying to get some good nations, but I don't know how to make a compilation.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey Dayyālu I would love to do this, make a Samwise Part 2. But with Decline13 and the Codex game on the plate, Cold War likely ending by the time this starts, DeclineNow in flux, and lingering(boring!) games in Decline10 and Nonsense......I need one of them to end probably.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hey Dayyālu I would love to do this, make a Samwise Part 2. But with Decline13 and the Codex game on the plate, Cold War likely ending by the time this starts, DeclineNow in flux, and lingering(boring!) games in Decline10 and Nonsense......I need one of them to end probably.

Kill DeclineNow, it's a mercy kill.

Or get some diplo on and we finish Dec10 on a friendly battle or sumthin'.

Well, I see this as a "relaxed" game, with lenient turn times and rather easy on the micro. But we'll see.

I have generated three batches of nations and I am evaluating them, it's noticeable how 1) Shapechangers are now a minority 2) Air magic is everywhere, instead of Blood 3) Those insane poptypes Grimmie got the other time are nowhere to be seen. The HECK where those things.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Do a big batch of nations then cut off the most imba ones and then let players pick and make a mod out of picked nations.

Thats how best nationgen games worked for domg.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Oh well, that's a thing. If people want to check the 60 or so nations I generated, here we have the three batches in a single archive:

https://a.pomf.cat/tzbjal.7z

My initial plan was to cut everything down to 20 or so nations (killing off the more boring options and the like) and I even made a list of 28 nations, but well, let's give the players the maximum freedom - and save me quite some time in writing down the seed codes- . I don't see particularly umbalanced ones (I guess NationGen improved on that matter).

Whatevs. This is, as I said, a rather relaxed game. Go for it, if you find something interesting pick it. If you find something clearly unbalanced, report it and we'll see.

For now, we have.....

Dayyālu
raw
Grimwulf
Caul Shivers
Zephyr Arsland
Muty

C'mon, KoolNoodles. Look at my puppy eyes.

A single word to those who haven't played the first Wasteland game: gold is gonna be tight. As gems. Plan accordingly, and test in SP if the expansion and the nations are viable. Blood nations are at a definite disadvantage here, due to the lack of 5k+ provinces, and the shitty slave hunt efficiency.

If other players wants to join, get in freely. Don't worry about the 69 limit, I guess we can get up until to 8-9 players before it gets annoying. And it will be annoying nonetheless :lol:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
60 nations? For realz? Wow.

I'm on a bus right now. I'll be home in 6 hours. At some point in time after that, I'll pick my nation from the Vaults of Madness. Yay! Thanks, Dayyālu!

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Here's a thought. Try em out one at a time. My brilliance is sometimes just outright outrageously dazzling.

Let's git this show on the road. Comrade's 9th Airborn Legion is operational and ready for aktion.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Here's a thought. Try em out one at a time. My brilliance is sometimes just outright outrageously dazzling.

Let's git this show on the road. Comrade's 9th Airborn Legion is operational and ready for aktion.
And then at the end some poor soul has to make the ones people choose work together?

Just curious how it works is all.

Not just any poor sod sole but your very own Dayyālu. It's actually not complicated to punch in those extra 8ish seeds again though admittedly Dayyālu gets easily confused so someone might need to hold his hand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom