Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 16: The Banalcing

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Requesting a 3hr extension because I didn't have enough time to send in my turn.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Well, I guess I lost the game. It was interesting and I'm glad I tried to rush for the thrones. I'll probably switch to AI now. Also GG.

mondblut

Arcane
Wait, I thought I am bordering Lanka to the west and Ermor is somewhere to the east? Why is Ermor to the west and where is Lanka? Is there a global to reverse cardinal directions or something?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Need another extension, this time 48h. Last time, after that I can submit at a 24h frequency again.

mondblut

Arcane
A lot of stales last turn it seems... Didn't realize ppl used the reminder to time doing / posting their turns so much.

Until a reminder comes up and tells me that I can't put these trials away any longer, I prefer not even to think about those turns that came in :negative:

Johannes

Arcane
Maggot has disappeared somewhere... Gotta look for a sub I sippose if he doesn't come back in a day

If anyone wants to jump in to a turn 49 Niefelheim in decent position before I make a new thread bout it, let me know

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Sorry I had family over for more than a week and wasn't able to get my turns in so I sent you a message over Discord. I'll be going on a two week trip near the end of the month as well so I might need a sub anyways.

I don't have enough of scout network to be sure, but it looks like that we might have another throne rusher candidate in Kailasa.

Stay alert brothers and pray for deliverance.

2013-09-06-fireworks-fulltext.jpg

Johannes

Arcane
Congrats KoolNoodles on the win. Fun battles for the end. Bummer that Growing Fury didn't really do anything - I figured it'd get the Titan berserk, pushing it to a later turn limit, winning that way if it got to that... Unfortunately didn't happen.

Was playing a bit too carefreely towards the end, being in such a good position. I had a plan for capturing the Mushwood 3-point throne, but somehow counted wrong the turn it'd get the fort; securing the 1-pointers wouldve been harder since there were 2 of them. Should've concentrated more on not losing due to thrones, instead of sitting and just building a bigger material lead. Or just built some key item like Charcoal Shield, or scripted that last battle differently (Fire Storm).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
It was a nail biter that's for sure! Snuck that one in there. Unlucky for me, my Pretender and all my mages "retreated" into oblivion at the end of the first battle. Lucky for me in the second battle, Hinnom got eaten by its own horror. And then finally, that my flying guy scooped up the technically independent province in the move phase, dusted off the throne I'd claimed earlier, and it all worked out. :lol:

Edit: Oh, and nice thought with all the fire spam in the ritual phase, there were enough of them that it even caught several Gurus that were just teleport in, and all the ones I had scripted for Light of the Northern Star etc.

I think that killed mostly new markatas, but probably 8 Gurus(with variation on rune smasher/thistle mace/rod of the phoenix + bottles).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
...what?

How did Ermor manage to blow it?

There was about a 5-6 turn window, where I saw I was going to take Caelum's two three point thrones(provided the siege went fast, and well).....and a couple 1 point thrones without forts were within teleport range of my Pretender and plenty of Guru monkeys. Jotunheim had one, but I figured the AI Yomi one would be easier to hold for one turn, though it was closer to Ermor so maybe that was the wrong play that still worked.

Had just capped and fortified one three point throne, and I took the other on the last turn. If I failed at the Yomi throne, I was going to try again at the Jotunheim throne with the same teleporting of Gurus, but after moving a bunch of flying Yaksha thugs(including prophet) down there. Though, it would have taken a couple more turns and I assume resistance would have been stronger.

So, really the end came quite quickly and it was a fast turnaround from "Ermor might win this" to "Kailasa might win this". There weren't a lot of players left that could do anything about that. Lanka was dead. TNN was dead. Caelum went AI, Yomi went AI, Pangaea was passive for the last several turns just sitting making Maenads, and Niefelheim was fighting Yomi. Hinnom and Ermor tried what they could muster in one turn and it wasn't quite enough. Vanheim could have dropped some ponies perhaps, but didn't.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Vanheim could have dropped some ponies perhaps, but didn't.

You directed me to attack Yomi, you rascal :rage:

I wasn't even aware what was going on. I expected you and Ermor to fight tooth and claw for those Caelum thrones.

You did well. :) I figured the others would let you in on my near victory, but I guess they didn't. The Caelum thrones weren't really threatened by Ermor at that point, with ~300 troops on each with a fort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom