Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline 16: The Banalcing

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by Johannes, Mar 22, 2017.

1. coldcrow Savant Patron

coldcrow
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    This game is a good motivation for me to actually learn dominions 4, realizing that I totally suck at leveraging strength into gains. So which community would be best to start looking for games? Steam, dom4mods, domg?

PS: I am always interested in more codex games, given a relaxed turn timer.

^ Top  
  2. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    dom4mods is fairly active with a variety of players, there's also a discord group that seems to start up a game every couple of weeks. Not sure where all the desura people went, but there were a lot there of varying skills before it went under. I think at least some went over to dom4mods, as they actively "recruited" before the desura forums disappeared.

No idea about steam/domg, other than I assume they play games. Their general skill level might be fairly high though because of the more niche groups(could be wrong).

^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    From what I've heard domg skill level is low for the most part.

Anybody here played on the Clockwork Hounds discord group?

^ Top  
  4. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    We played with some of them in the community clash game, and I think they crossover to that discord group? Or maybe it's all the same. Either way, seem to be plenty of discord games going on.

^ Top  
  5. coldcrow Savant Patron

coldcrow
    Parrots:
    Johannes, I am currently looking for a sub. Could you extend for a bit to increase the chances of finding one?

^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    A bit as in how much? Added 2 hours.

^ Top  
  7. coldcrow Savant Patron

coldcrow
    Parrots:
    I guess you meant 24h. A day or two should hopefully suffice.

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    I meant 2h. But added 22 more now that you specified.

^ Top  
  9. Zzz Learned Patron

Zzz
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'll be travelling for the next few days. Once this turn processes, could the next turn by delayed until Saturday night?

Not sure it'll make too much difference, I haven't been able to win a major battle against Kailasa. At least my forts will be a pain to siege...

^ Top  
  10. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Parrots:
    What the fuck did I just read. Earthquake him brah, eventually maws of the earth.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Zzz Learned Patron

Zzz
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Unfortunately, I don't have any earth income, since I got ganked before my site searching really took off. (Admittedly, I was in the process of taking out TNN. Kailasa now has their former lands.)

^ Top  
  12. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    EARTHQUAKE? Lol. Yeah, that would mess up the useless(well, they have their moments definitely) monkeys for sure. Not so much the high HP sacred troops, with bless/ethereal/luck. Several first turn casts, maybe so.

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    It shouldn't be hosting before that regardless, so you're fine.

^ Top  
  14. Anhur Arcane

Anhur
    Parrots:
    Evil Ermor attacked me. You should all help me repel their filth. Why? Because Caelum has proven to be a peaceful empire.

Ermor, needless to say, first invaded Lanka (who are btw practically finished), and now they have attacked me. Ermor was already bigger than Caelum (by province count), and with this turn's global enchantment, plus we're talking about Johannes here, and I repeat JOHANNES!1!, I think it's reasonable to say who is the more immediate and threat. Ermor is.

Plus Johannes has an ugly ass avatar, that alone should convince all of you whose side to take. Caelum's, of course.

Anyway, I can defend myself, unless the plot predictably thickens and Mondblut or someone else ruins everything again!

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    Caelum has just gotten its second 3-point throne, getting them to 6 / 8 throne points. So that leaves them 2 points short of victory. Getting both of the 1-pointers wouldn't be feasible for them, but it's clear they were going to go after either of the 2-pointer thrones - one controlled by me, or the one by Hinnom. Whichever throne was Anhur's plan to attack, he must not succeed in doing so. So an invasion before his flying horde swept over me, was necessary here to disrupt his plans. His flyers could after all, fly right to my throne from within his borders!

I welcome everyone to join against the anti-Caelum war effort to prevent his throne victory. I'm relatively big already so I'm not looking for extra turf as much as the elimination of the Caelian threat. So my allies in this war can have most of his provinces for all I care.

If Caelum gives up either of his thrones, then I'm willing to discuss peace. Doesn't have to be to me, can be Kailasa as well (seems like the only logistically sensible option).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    Parrots:
    This recent development looks like a 14 years old street whore sucking on a lollipop.

So... tempting...

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Anhur Arcane

Anhur
    Parrots:
    Kailasa claimed half of Pangaea's territory, Ermor claimed all of Lanka's territory. The only remaining free provinces for me to claim were water ones, which I did to the extension possible (i.e. until I reached borders of other nations) and those 2 lone throne-provinces. The only logical thing to do was to claim them.

Meanwhile, one of the best Dominions players on the Codex (Johannes) (((advises))) other people about the "necessary" course of action, oldest trick in the book. All of my temporal victories are reversible, destruction of Lanka is not, that global enchantment hardly is, and neither is the fact that Johannes plays for the long run and believe me those who haven't had an opportunity so thus far - you'll see what it means to "not be close to victory" yet de facto win the game (talking about Ermor here obviously).

Needless to say, I am open to whatever negotiations, but the possession of those 2 throne-provinces are out of the question. I'll lose the game rather than give up on them, for I am intelligent enough to know that de facto losing the game is the same as losing the game. And I would de facto lose it were I to indulge Johannes' demands.

This is all I have to say, I shan't be bothered anymore to write shit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Maggot meme king

Maggot
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    anhur needs to work on his diplo game

• Agree Agree x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    Parrots:
    So basically whoever of these two wins, gets all 3 thrones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Anhur Arcane

Anhur
    Parrots:
    It bores me. I prefer to lose the game, but to at least extract some fun prior to it. Diplomacy means dealing with filthy humans a bit too much, and there are only a few justifiable cases for such a thing.

That said, I am far from losing the game. I can and will defend myself. In the case of "gang rape", I will bring down at least 1 other nation, and of course - that shan't be Ermor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    Parrots:
    Helps winning games

Winning games is fun

Of course, I still remember that "I send those Crushers the wrong way sorry" that I gobbled up in Decline 1, just before alphastriking me, so maybe your diplo approach has its pluses

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Anhur Arcane

Anhur
    Parrots:
    Oh don't you worry for me Dayyalu, were I really after a victory in every Dom4 game, I would have invested some effort into diplomacy. As it is, a victory from time to time will suffice in satisfying my ego. But enough of all this shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    As long as that nation is not me, I am OK WITH ALL OF THIS.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    Sure, if everyone else just sits back and cheers before, during, and after I beat him without getting involved at all. It's a long ass way from my side of Caelum to that Pantokrator Throne, if I get anywhere near you have ample time to form a coalition against me. That's why I'm asking for more allies to share the spoils. But you better join in now rather than later if you want a good piece of it.

Otoh my throne is just a single one, without a fort for now, and right within flying distance from Caelum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Well, I've survived until 1)My Pretender broke out, and 2) Turn 40. Mission Accomplished, feast on my feeble monkey corpse you heathens!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)