Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 17: The Ending Times

Grif

Learned
We have two. Myself and myx from above.

Dayyālu

Arcane
your Nazi comrades of 8\domg\. are more then happy to play the antagonists of this venture.

We have two. Myself and myx from above.

Welcome! Happy to have you here.

Good then, ten men. It's two games with 3vs2, to get faster games. I don't think rules need a change, having less Free Peoples means betrayals will be more juicy and more risky.

On the positive, it's an easier map to make. On the negatives, gotta redo all the work. I'd hope to have it ready in 2-3 days, if work does not kill me first.

The only difference I'd like to keep is that one game will start after the other, as both sqeecoo and Eadee will be free only after the 22. If someone has a preference to be in the first (and earlier) game, just post and you'll get the place. Being the host, I'll get in whatever game has a place left for me.

So, the rules are the same (Team Evil fixed, Team Free peoples with individual victory, free selection for Team Free peoples, 3 thrones for victory).

Myxlplykx

Literate
Well I'm ready to start playing now and I assume my compatriot is as well. So I'll sign up for the first game the sooner the better for me.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well I'm ready to start playing now and I assume my compatriot is as well. So I'll sign up for the first game the sooner the better for me.

Understood.

And I give you the chance to laugh at my map making skills.

YwjxVLc.jpg

Yep, I'm using the Wesnoth editor 'cause I am shit at drawing and even worse at Photoshop. Now to the Dominions map making proper.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu ouch my eyes, good thing I didn't sign up for this...

Is that the sound of a Pole volunteering for map making help duty? I'm all hears to improve graphical """""QUALITY"""" and the end result.

I'm shit at making maps, if you didn't notice. Yet a man has to start somewhere.

Also that's a LOT of water.

Yeap, gonna drain some seas. But the point is to let Starspawns freedoom of movement while Ermor is boxed in.

Myxlplykx

Literate
Dayyālu My only issue is the lack of symmetry. I don't have much to do today if you send it my way i can pretty it up.

Myxlplykx

Literate
actually while i was waiting for a moderator to approve my comment i went ahead and made my own in that editor then made it square in Photoshop tell me what you think.
OTOxyhF

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Dayyālu I was messing around with turning old D&D maps into..... Dominions maps, and it's actually not too bad if there are already defined lines(the ocean is another matter).

For example, this little group of islands off the Sword Coast could presumably be made into a decent island hopping map. Something to think about if you want to do maps for future games. :salute:
U5AMFPL.jpg

Myxlplykx

Literate
apologies for the repost. it appears i didn't link the image right and there doesn't seem to be an edit function so here is the map for real this time.

OTOxyhF.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Hey what you're giving us a barren wasteland and the other guys get A-grade farm soil?!?!?!?!?
:outrage:

So it's 1v1v1v2 but the 1's are encouraged to cooperate is that correct?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Myxlplykx

WELL, WE'LL USE YOURS

(I'm not joking, my utter lack of skill is noticeable). But I consider myself justified, this was the map for the original game I'm copying.

1-Map.jpg

Time to go to the editor, then.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Eh R'lyeh is pretty weak - strongest in MA but still unimpressive.

Ermor obviously is very strong but since its the designated bad boy you can tailor your build/nation to squash it.

I strongly recommend Ermor successor states for this task, Pythium can field banishment communions year one and remove skele with extreme efficiency.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Eh R'lyeh is pretty weak - strongest in MA but still unimpressive.

Ermor obviously is very strong but since its the designated bad boy you can tailor your build/nation to squash it.

I strongly recommend Ermor successor states for this task, Pythium can field banishment communions year one and remove skele with extreme efficiency.

Sound counsel: then how you manage to beat the other two factions (your "allies") with Pythium, laughably inefficient against proper nations? The point is, you won't win here by self-sacrifice. There is a balance, and I'm honestly kinda curious about the nation choices that will be made by Team Free Peoples.

Myxlplykx

Literate
Hey what you're giving us a barren wasteland and the other guys get A-grade farm soil?!?!?!?!?

Well I wanted to make a dichotomy between the 3 "good nations" and make it reasonably thematic to play nations that are significantly different from one another.
Either way its going to be statistically identical.

It's actually very easy to change I could specify the land based on the nation's at play.

Dayyālu are you working on incorporating it into dom4? As I'm not sure how.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
A long time ago, three kingdoms existed for centuries in an uneasy peace and balance of power, any time one would become strong the other two would ally against them and thus - peace, but also complacency had gripped the land.

The great god had given the mortals balance and peace, yet they perverted it with their incompetence, petty squabbles and worst of all - sloth.

Furious at his creations' ineptitude, the great god sent two of his divine servants to punish the mortals. Two mighty harbingers were sent to destroy the mortal realm and as a reward for cleansing the land, they would be able to claim it as their own and shape it in their image.

First harbinger is one of mystery and magic, his arrival heralds twisted magic, strange happenings and the seas seem to whisper malevolently in the night.

Second harbinger is an embodiment of death, with his arrival a great island has risen out of the sea, the land is putrid and those who come there, never seem to return.

Several days after the Island had risen, people had begun to notice the fish would wash up in droves on the shore, dead and bleeding - as if their very bodies had begun to disintegrate... food supplies were hit, yet they could not turn to the outer Ocean either.

The outer ocean seemed to come alive and take on a mind of its own, a mind that was malicious - crabs would attack fishermen, fish would bite and larger creatures would swim to the shore to devour the sailors. In the villages, people would say the ocean whispers to them, everyone hears the whispers of the deep

Panic blossomed, the three lords of the land had congregated and decided that they cannot stand by and wait for things to deteriorate further - they believe an entity, or two - has appeared in the world and this evil influence must be destroyed.

None of them trust each other and are afraid that, should their combined force defeat the evil - which of them will benefit the most, he who commits the least resources stands to benefit and yet without cooperation in battle, in mind and spirit - surely they will all perish.

Our story begins here, the lords must send out their forces to rouse the minor nobles into action and consolidate their forces, before they tackle the agents of gods' wrath.

skull_island_by_frenchfox.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Also at host - can you please not make all the ermor provinces unpopulated wastelands... my pretender needs some humans for money and shit :P

Dayyālu

Arcane
Also at host - can you please not make all the ermor provinces unpopulated wastelands... my pretender needs some humans for money and shit :P

I hope you appreciate I can't do shit about that. I HAVE BARELY ANY IDEA OF WHAT I AM DOING

Funny thing, the snowy area is hell thanks to the wonderful details of Dom4 mapmaking (every pure white dot is read as a province in the editor, requiring some work to avoid having 10k provinces in a snowy area).

Work is proceeding, though.

Myxlplykx

Literate
i mean why not let the snow people have millions of provinces. it'll be great!

do you want me to change it though? would only take me a few minutes and probably save you a lot more then that

Eadee

Scholar
The trick is to put a fine layer over the whole image that is almost transparent but has a tiny bit of other color in it (blue for example). The naked eye won't be able to tell the difference, but Dominions4 stops its province madness. Then put a pure white pixel in every province. Done.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I think each player should have an easy 20 provinces...
:avatard:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom