Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 2, We Require More Rains of Stones

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm pretty sure I can make the turn by the end of the timer, but my internets act funny today. Just to be safe, can somebody provide 2 hours extension? Thanks!

Lizzurd

Cipher
You know what? It's time to surrender.
Glory to Xibalba!
j7gJ1.jpg

Or not...

Dayyālu

Arcane
You know what? It's time to surrender.
Glory to Xibalba!

FUCK YES, THE PAIN CAN END

What, he's joking

I thought i was top 1 already.

*checks*

Nay, I'm the biggest, the richest, my armies are the most numerous and my research the best.

Xibalba has greatest gemcount and Dominion.

Marverni is pretty much on par with Ermor, only that Ermor has a bit more internal stability, and armies that are a tad less dead. I'm pretty much just waiting for you and TNN to collapse. Won't be long, I presume.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Fun turn.

I commend to your skill, Lizzurd. Never before did Xibalba suffer such losses.

cqablgdyxz.jpg

Some of your ideas were very gud indeed. But we both knew from the start that you cannot possibly win this. I warned you several times, but you still decided to attack me. This is what you get.

I must say that you were the only player during all these long 92 turns who managed to storm my fort. Fuck me, at some point I thought I could actually lose a fort. The first lost fort in the entire pbem! I would be depressed as fugs.

That was close, but I had enough Gateway casters in my summon factories. And I warned you about it as well.

gidlmjvbxs.jpg

Speaking of losing forts, there is another SUDDEN guy who is about to storm my turf. This time I am really worried about losing.

mmvgrwzypd.jpg

Lanka, let's solve this in a peaceful fashion. How about a gud old bribe?

In any case, XIBALBA STRONK!!1

miemwhxhzl.jpg

Lizzurd

Cipher
http://puu.sh/j7l10.png
http://puu.sh/j7l1G.png
http://puu.sh/j7l27.png
http://puu.sh/j7l2P.png
http://puu.sh/j7l3C.png
Here are my graphs.

The plan was very simple. I tried to give the victory to TNN by capturing thrones and giving them to him. We almost achieved it - By this time he already has 7/10 victory points. The last thing we needed was that cavernous throne. With it captured he will gather the required amount of points and simply win the game. I dropped my armies upon your castle and even attempted to storm it. But your forces appeared to be too great for me to behold and i lost the most critical battle in the game. Without this throne there is no way we could win. But if you didn't manage to gather all that armies there we would surely win. We were very close to it.

Atlantis was useless, he didn't capture any important castles, and even managed to fail in his attempt to seize the empty throne.

Dayyālu

Arcane
But i am not joking! I am really surrendering.

Atlantis was useless, he didn't capture any important castles, and even managed to fail in his attempt to seize the empty throne.

Stop being salty, man. You won a single battle against me, after all (and against a ragtag force of random stuff cobbled together). Are not we trying a bit too hard here :smug: ? Or I suppose your attempts against the Moon Throne and Rivia were all futile or something. Ahh, wait, three points also there!

Nice attempt, though.

EDIT: Embed the images or something, for fuck's sake.

Dayyālu

Arcane
To be honest i even hadn't see any your major armies.

Why bother? All your attempts at getting UW were raiding or rituals and were killed off to a man. The Thrones were defended with what I had at my disposal.

A big stack of summons and mages was wasted in waiting for Lanka to budge a bit (even a good number of GoR'ed Tarts). Could not afford him to run unchecked around, after all. If I had not that tiny distraction you would have suffered a bit more, I can assure. And now when my armies reach your borders, you surrender (good thing though, scripting is a mess).

Well, the battle on the Moon Throne where I swatted hundreds of boars and 30 Sequani was kinda small, but it's not like you made good attempts bar sending suicide raids against me.

But I guess after getting mauled by Xibalba you need to pick some other target to feel all *smug* with. Don't worry, I'm magnanimous enough to allow you to do so.

*pats head*

Yes, Marverni, you would have won without doubt the match against my inferior forces if not for the Superior Strategy of Xibalba, yes you would have

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Thanks for the graphs, Lizzurd. It was very important for me to see your income graph. Tell me one thing, did my Blight + Locust Swarms + Rain of Toads + Raging Hearts + Hurricane + Wrath of Pazuzu thing affect you much? Or were those income dropdowns mostly due to lost provinces? I honestly never played a nation with that much access to income-damaging and unrest-increasing spells. Xibalba can cast literally any spell of that sort. I just wonder if they were worth it in the end, or if I should have invested in global rituals. Not that I really needed them.

But your forces appeared to be too great for me to behold and i lost the most critical battle in the game. Without this throne there is no way we could win

I never told you that I admired one smart move. Right after you besieged my cave Throne, you teleported a druid-raider to the southern province (316). I don't know if you knew what are you doing (I suppose so, because that druid was equipped for one-time battle and he TELEPORTED, not just sneaked in). But that teleport saved your ass, and made much trouble for me. Otherwise, I would beat your para-troopers boars sooner and easier.

gnprohypyk.jpg

I was so enraged at the time, lol. Fully equipped Onaquis with hundreds of sacred freespawn moving to the province, ready to pwn your ass. Then SUDDENLY interrupted. They would have attacked your druid raider, if not for Perpetual Storm (they can't fly now). So instead they just stayed in the capital, and my walls were already broken - no time to move them again.

Anyway, gud one.:salute:

Lizzurd

Cipher
Yeap, i was expecting you to move there some forces and so that i decided to capture this province.
It is hard to say it affected me in any way. The only bad thing is that i was unable to recruit new capital mages. It is hard to say that your attacks changed anything, as for example in attack on your cavernous throne i used only my summoned creatures and cap only units. All other available Marverni units are simply shit.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It is hard to say it affected me in any way. The only bad thing is that i was unable to recruit new capital mages. It is hard to say that your attacks changed anything, as for example in attack on your cavernous throne i used only my summoned creatures and cap only units. All other available Marverni units are simply shit.

What about deserting? Did you feel the unit loss, or was it tolerable? It's hard to say looking at your army graph, because you didn't really care about safety of your boars.

Back in early game I used something similiar against Fomoria (besieged all his castles at once, nullifying his income), and I have to say that a lot of his units deserted. It made a difference for me back then.

Lizzurd

Cipher
I think that none of my units deserted. The usual income was close to 50 gold per turn. Remember, that my only upkeep is for mages, i have no units to pay them. Boars don't require gold.

Lanka Corporation and bribery go hand in hand. But who should do the bribing? And for what? And what the bribe should be? Annoying little details that need to be resolved.

Whaddya want to leave Lanka city alone? How about 400 blood slaves? Imagine the possibilities!

But it's our home! It has sentimental value for us. For you it's just another fort among dozens like it.

Go take that fort we just vacated in Mud Wood instead. It has a nice site with enchantment 20 bonus. (And some frog-symphatizing undead loitering outside its gates, but they can probably be persuaded to move away.)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Give me 12h extension, need to think of other strats to use. Other than RoS that is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom