Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Buy me Dom5 and I'll take your place.

I wouldn't do that to someone. People should wait until they have a self-contained multiplayer system and clean up the interface a bit, but I doubt that's going to happen. It's strictly a single player game at this point, and even then the late game is a bit shit.

The game is fine. Countless communities play Dominions multiplayer on a constant basis - just look ak llamaserver's ongoing games list. Not to mention regular blitz sessions.

The game itself was designed for a very specific kind of players - ones that will not be baffled by comlicated systems, old-school graphics and overwhelming lategame micro-management. Interface is the last thing we care about.

Dayyālu

Arcane
The game itself was designed for a very specific kind of players - ones that will not be baffled by comlicated systems, old-school graphics and overwhelming lategame micro-management. Interface is the last thing we care about.

And we love it.

And I somewhat disagree with the idea: Dominions is built to appeal to its own creators. It's an unbalanced but honest mess, and we love it. Every piece is there because the Devs want it: the guys at Illwinter develop games for themselves that aren't even released.

Weird like that.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Friends, hate to say but after this turn I will either need a sub or lengthy extension(like until early next week, hopefully) for all my games here. Long story short, there was a sudden death in the family and as well as having to travel a long distance, I don't really have an appetite for games and thinking in the meantime. Pretty solid in all games, though I won't really be able to explain strategy to any sub.

I'd also be okay with staling ~3 turns, as that wouldn't be too horrible.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Gentlemen, let's make this official. KoolNoodles is a monocled player, and such circumstances are always hard to live through. Personally, I'm perfectly fine with waiting for him to return for as long as he needs. But I understand there are other games besides Dec20, my opinion is only partially valid.
So, what will it be? I'm in favor of everything except having him stale 3 times in a row...

L3O1RVr.jpg

:negative:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
You can look for a sub for this game too, for Atlantis, I have no wish to participate in any of your games any more.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dafuq happened here?

Bad Valentine's day, I presume. Muty went ballistic for some reason in Decline22 and didn't appreciated that I stopped his attempt at going AI in the game.

Again, I don't have harsh feelings, I'm simply puzzled. Oh, well, finding a sub for MA Atlantis is gonna be hell.

EDIT: If it helps your feelings, I can step down as host from this game, Muty . I have no particular interest in being one, it's an hassle.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
No need to do that, lets just avoid any more drama, I'll keep submitting my turns, but would be nice if you can find a sub quickly.

Yeah, it would be great if we can avoid the drama implosion in at least one of these games, so we can find out what a terrible game option that cataclysm at turn 70 (or whatever) is. Before we start too many new games.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Buy me Dom5 and I'll take your place.

I wouldn't do that to someone. People should wait until they have a self-contained multiplayer system and clean up the interface a bit, but I doubt that's going to happen. It's strictly a single player game at this point, and even then the late game is a bit shit.

The game is fine. Countless communities play Dominions multiplayer on a constant basis - just look ak llamaserver's ongoing games list. Not to mention regular blitz sessions.

Well, typically games for these kind of players are also freeware, because these who are able to do all these things, are also smart enough to not pay for these things. (And they like also wanna deep design and proper AI.)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Trip was a bit more hectic and distracting than I had hoped, but I'm back and catching up, ready to play. Have to look at the turns, hopefully I am not ruined....

:neveraskedforthis:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well friends, jump on my corpse while you can. It's about to be Dia de los Muertos over here.

Hey, you have Thrones in locations I can't trust. I have 1 One Pointer. I asked for a rebalance and I was ready to pay for it! If Starspawns and Ys want to join the fun, for me it's ok. I don't have claims on your land, I merely want to avoid Throne risks.

Fuck. YS.

Maybe I didn't plan this properly.

Hey! Why don't you leave me be and jump on AI Marignon? Ulm and Sceleria seem to be feasting there already.

It's even better, it's only Ulm. I am not attacking Marignon (I missed him going AI for a lot, or I would have jumped far sooner).

That said, Sceleria is weird. Losing indie priests as resurrectors isn't that atrocious, as you get 1 Commander Point Cultists, that can resurrect like 3 skellitons par turn. Shitty, I know. Get a dedicated fort or palisade or two to shit out Cultists and the things adds up, and 100 Cultists get you cozy 300+ skellitons par turn (that you will lose in every battle because skellitons are crappy). Sum that with their weird magic variety (i.e. nuffin bar Communions) it makes for a very peculiar play style.

Better than Ermor for sure.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Banefires? From your PD? Nice! I still have so much to learn about this game.

Oh, you thought I was going to attack an army with that? Nope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom