Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
love the demilich shit, did he really die or just waiting to respawn - in dom5 immortality works anywhere right.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Wait, I am confused. Which nation does Grimwulf play?

I play Ulm. Sorry for that random Golem attack on your UW province - I thought I cancelled all attacks on Shinu after you agreed to make peace, but apparently I forgot about this one. Take it back, PD 0. I'll send you something in compensation.

So embarassing.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Meanwhile in Mictlan(this was a bit sloppy, but heyyy....this game has grown stale):

Squad 1 reporting in sir, what do we do? Nobody is fighting. Slave Mitzoqelopctl was saying he overheard the priests talking about a "Great Cataclysm" ? The men and beasts grow impatient.

W10qfPw.jpg

You will do nothing soldiers, these are orders from the Great One himself. Apparently the old powers are content to wait this thing out, whatever it is. I've been around hundreds of years and killed hundreds of enemies and yet this bothers me. Still, I have my orders.

5VPt1LI.jpg

Squad 2 reporting in, ummm....yeah but this is really boring. I fear the demons will at least fly off, or the toads will eat our farmers. We can't just sit here and wait to die when the world ends!

CdC8I5G.jpg

Don't fear, cowards, we have a slew of great and powerful mages working on a solution. Surely one of them will end this threat.

5VPt1LI.jpg

Some of these will do something, they have to. And if they don't do something then their seconds and thirds and fourths and....well, you get the idea.

NW63Oz1.jpg
YlsJaLA.jpg
FugwPS2.jpg
zqJj23A.jpg

Squad 3 reporting in sir. Couldn't help over hearing.....but mages? What have mages done to destroy our enemies and expand our kingdom. What about some real troops.

E8U67JW.jpg

Real troops? What about these? This is but a sample of what our mages have done.

5VPt1LI.jpg

B2qTU3I.jpg

Squad 4 reporting in, SIR. These wayward magic beings? They might flee as soon as the weak mages fall. We need tough bad ass dudes.

m8mAdkd.jpg

Sigh....well what about our undead leaders. They are pretty cool, ok, if it comes to it they can handle a few "horrors".

5VPt1LI.jpg

ie9RNJo.jpg
*Cold lifeless stare*

Squad 5 reporting in sir, can we just....

puSjcXA.jpg

Shut up.

5VPt1LI.jpg

Ok, I am DONE for today. No more reports. *shuts door on the rest*

Muttering to himself: "Not like it matters, nothing will happen, nothing ever does"

sqeecoo

Arcane
Brozos, can I kindly ask for 24h on D21 and D20? I'm driving around all day tomorrow and may not make it. Danke!

mondblut

Arcane
It's turn 65 (or something) ffs, can't we have more reasonable schedule than "it seems you are drunk and wasted, submit your turn in 12 hours"? I dunno, 72 hours seems like a good start. Let people have their fun.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This game is gonna end with no big wars. I mean BIG. Hopefully that changes before the Cataclysm gives like...Atlantis the victory or some dumb shit.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Has anyone managed to use Time Stop yet? If so, is it cool? It sounds like it would be fun with some stuff, but maybe not powerful enough. How slow is slow? What does about 5 rounds mean? 4-6?

I'm imagining a high astral mage doing Time Stop, then casting a few extra brutal battlefield enchantments before the other mages can cast resistances and such. Or a SC casting Time Stop and then attack rear/large and destroying dudes for 4+ rounds while everyone is frozen.

I almost wish the amount of rounds were smaller. Can't really script back to back Time Stops. Now that would be fun.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Hey, if you feel like doing some trials we could set up something... I always wanted to live the Time Stop ---> Master Enslave dream vs a big army. With Pythium communicants, which pre-cast communion slave and a single matrix I bet I could pull off something nasty! Round 1 Time stop with enough fatigue to cast anything and high FAWS paths for magic variety.

To answer your question though, no, I haven't. I can't even remember if I have already reached Alt 8 or not :(

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Perhaps we can trial it in this game. We'll see how the cataclysm goes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom