Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
KoolNoodles can you send me candy in dec22 for candy I sentcha in dec20 <3

sqeecoo

Arcane
Here you go bros, Iceland!

30715303_10156398998617360_6756619808768262144_n.jpg

Very low income, low resources, more magic sites. Enables recruitment of Tourist.

Infinitum

Scholar
Be sure to check out the local history. It has naturally occuring death scales.

Anyhow, need a 4 hour extension tomorrow; procrastinated today and might not be able to get it done in time after work. :M

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I am expecting Grimwulf intends to speed up your demise and grab that throne to help win by throne-cheese.

So dont be too concerned

:dealwithit:

Infinitum

Scholar
Another exciting turn for SCIENCE: 5 astral 1 mages (with 1 pearl each) casts mind duel versus 1 opposing astral level 3 wizard (albeit one of the levels come from a skullcap, hich may or may not count). 2 mages lose their duels and dies. 3 of them lives to scurry off the field. Yet the Wizard also stays alive. What gives? I was under the impression that it couldn't miss and couldn't draw?

EDIT: Also, that targeting. Watching Stargazers attempt to target everything but the Van thugs I'm bringing them to counter is painful to say the least..

Infinitum

Scholar
The duel dicerolls don't show in the detailed log for whatever reason. Maybe targeting is limited with the simultaneous system? But then why did I lose 2 mages? Would've been nice if these astral tricks worked as advertised.

That said, some of them do. Starting to run quite the surplus of Ice brands and Vine Shields, any prospective buyers out there?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
shouldn't have listened to these smart asses telling me not to be a pussy and attacking the monolith throne.

I attack it with gate cleaver giant-pan, 20 shock resistance from elemental fortitude + storm spool... the watchers have 27 AN lightning damage with 28 precision each and there's 32 of them.

They melted my kitted transformed giant in 1 turn, there goes like 30-40 gem investment -_-

This turn we killed a Frostbrand - Vineshield - Horrorhelmet bane lord cookie cutter thug
1TYkEZg.png

horror-gif-friday-the-13th-eye-stab.gif

Fortunately for me, White Centaurs have a very respectable MR and vine shield doesnt help much.
ibtNJ4G.png

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
A little birdie told me that Helheim lost a non-trivial battle to Marverni, really keen to see how David defeated Goliath to be honest. We did publish most of our fights against Machaka so please reciprocate this great entertainment.

This turn, the legions of Panfomlan have broken down the walls of Machaka, which are defended by a couple mages. Most of the army is in the fort in the north, being stared down two other Panfomlan armies and not leaving the safety of the walls

You can run foul brown-skins, but you can't hide.

We are legion, Deus vult.

bb1.jpg

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
A little birdie told me that Helheim lost a non-trivial battle to Marverni, really keen to see how David defeated Goliath to be honest. We did publish most of our fights against Machaka so please reciprocate this great entertainment.

Baww, saw that battle. It wasn't that interesting, Grimmie forgot that 150 Ambibates can't be contained with standard troops as Invuln-10.

pVqv4Vg.jpg

If one of the Vanjarls managed to break into the Marverni battleline (and one almost managed) it would have been GG. Gold losses are amusingly similar, as Marverni Noble warriors are pricey and Helheim's chaff is , well, chaff. Why the fuck you didn't use Flight, Grimwulf.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Err, those "losses" were merc troops and a couple thugs. Didn't expect Marverni to bite back, so left them there to break walls and wait for actual army to show up.

Why the fuck you didn't use Flight, Grimwulf.

Probably should have. Don't like flying thugs in general (fatigue building up too fast).

Infinitum

Scholar
Vineshield nerf now plz. In hindsight I should start scripting antimagic more, then again not certain it'd make that much of a difference all buffs considered. The good news are I can still sustain those losses economically, and have enough forts pumping nobles nearby to replenish my losses. Did nab some helhirdings/thugs up north with less embarrassing performance from the home team so there's that at least. Guess this is what I get not going for that Blood Vengeance bless when I had the chance; "I'll just use superior scales to pump invulnerable infantry for holding the line and raid with vanilla boars/independent mounted commanders, what could go wrong?"

Anyone has sage advice in getting the Sequanis to actually target the thugs? Stellar Cascades goes on the chaff; as does Mind Burn regardless of distance (guessing the targeting algorithm doesn't fancy their MR). Massed Star Fires spam could work, except they don't seem to cast it once they go off-script. It's a conondrum, really.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Pumping out Nobles midgame is kinda useless, as their role in expansion and early warfare is over and they die like everything else to infantry counters (that are almost all magical). They'll merely get killed and cost you a shitton of money, but you already switched to Boars for disposable chaff so that's it.

About magical targeting, well, no. Dominions targeting routines follow HP\square rules, if the Thugs have less HP that some chaff the chaff will be targeted 90% of time. You can't micro targeting at that level, it's simply how it is. Build counter-thugs if needed, but S\N isn't the top-tier combo for dealing with Elf thugs.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Don't weep for me, friends. Machaka's end is near. COME BACK MUFASA! :negative:

We'll party it up though, in the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom