Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
so everyone lost at the end except sqeecoo - as per usual.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
and it only last like 7 turns after the 'big bang' turn 45

can we get a screen of the map plz

sqeecoo

Arcane
So it's over? I had big plans!

Well, I did a little bit of that sciencemajistik extrapolation thingy, and the predictions ain't looking that good:

PttO1xL.png

It looks like the trends are moving exactly as you predicted. So shall we call it dead? I think the crazy subbing killed it for me. PANGEA STARTED IT!

I'll create a nice clean new game after the summer craziness to take some mod pressure off ever-suffering Dayyalu, and it'll have no circle-subbing and mass extensions. No more! A good game died because of it!

mondblut

Arcane
I'll create a nice clean new game after the summer craziness to take some mod pressure off ever-suffering Dayyalu, and it'll have no circle-subbing and mass extensions. No more! A good game died because of it!

Why not go the other way and have a game that is all about circle-subbing? Every year, each player moves over to the nation of the player next to him in the list.

And this one wasn't too good, that's what Switzerlanka says, anyway.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I think the real life equivalent of this would be like, if all the nations just CBF going to war and they actually live in peace..

Dayyālu

Arcane
I now can spoiler free this: Isiloon had the Ovens and the biggest equipment factory I've ever saw. It was literally a place where you could get thug equipment for nothing, we're talking all paths all with hammers.

A thing of wonder.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yeah it produced like 2 SC's worth of items and bunch of other goodies every turn or something

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I now can spoiler free this: Isiloon had the Ovens and the biggest equipment factory I've ever saw. It was literally a place where you could get thug equipment for nothing, we're talking all paths all with hammers.

A thing of wonder.

2 water gem frost brands :D... spamming anti-thug bows for my centaur priests.

Had Eternal Pyre, Mother Oak, Gift of Health - at least one, maybe two +1 all gem provinces, blood slaves around 100ish per turn without too much disruption.. 40 nature per turn and whatever Dayyalu took

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Also Dayyālu I wasn't centralized because I was concerned about Helheim deep strikes with stealthers, and also protecting flanks from backstabs.

You would have noticed that despite having a decentralized overall position, in a few places I had an obvious attack force.

You have to take into account the diplomacy - I had good relations with everyone except Helheim, Berytos(who cares soz) and Machaka, who were actively all involved in some manner of conflict either through direct war or attrition... secret sanctions ... we had a group chat with everyone in it plotting away and coordinating diplomacy. Though I would have expected at least one to be an information leaker, if there was a leaker there was no obvious impact on the game.

We agreed to refuse trading with the 3 rogue nations. Mictlan and I allied through mutual interests and facilitative geography, we incentivized Rlyeh to join us and encouraged him to do mind hunts, but we would blame it on Marverni who was at war with Helheim... to make Marverni look stronger and also use Rlyeh's resources to attack the player we all feared most.

What else... we inter-traded a lot, gave some items to Marverni...or at least talked about it. I drew lots of maps coordinating armies and dividing territory :P

sqeecoo

Arcane
Why the fuck did we stop this game? Oh yeah the circle-subbing. #NeverAgain

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom