Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Fuck it, Dude.

Infinitum

Scholar
So, did folks miss the pretender memo or was there a spacious deadline I missed somehow?

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ahh, how I wish R'lyeh was free. Mictlan is cap-reliant for the mages and the humongous map is terrible for the build I want to try. I'm almost tempted to switch to Agartha or something.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Bros, it looks like it's been discovered that quickness incorrectly gives 4x attacks instead of 2x, which is pretty ridiculously huge (haven't tested myself yet).
http://steamcommunity.com/app/722060/discussions/0/1693785035821514023/

Is anyone making use of quickness with their pretender here? If yes, we could consider delaying the start until a patch since it's a pretty unfair advantage. Or we could just roll with it, I'm just putting the question up for discussion :)

I was actually planning to use quickness in my Mictlan pretender but I can go for an alternative build that's probably actually better, no probs.

Grif

Learned
Looks like game started. :M

Do we wait for the next patch, though?

sqeecoo

Arcane
I went with the non-quickness pretender since exploiting a bug is no fun, so I'm fine with either decision.

mondblut

Arcane
What? Um, someone slipped in ahead of me again. Shame on you, Yomi, whoever you are.

Dayyālu

Arcane
What? Um, someone slipped in ahead of me again. Shame on you, Yomi, whoever you are.

Unstarted game. Disabled auto start.

Let's start again. Maybe if we diidn't need a week for Pretenders this would not happen.

mondblut , get Lanka in. Everyone is good? MEkone is "Unexpected Nation" by the way.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
I finally got to creating my pretender, and wow, what a pretender it is!

All right, submitted, and let the world tremble! (monkeys and rakshasas in particular, they'll really have it hard, teehee)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Fuck and I had the best starting location I could hope for ...

and now Grimwulf is probably going to get it
:deathclaw:

sqeecoo

Arcane
My new start is 3 provinces connected to the cap, one of which is a swamp :) ffs. I'd probably ragequit with anything but mictlan, who can roll with it!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
FUCK OFF WITH THAT RESTART I HAD A FOREST IN ONE OF MY STARTING PROVINCES BEFORE I DEMAND ANOTHER RESTART OR I GO AI herp derp
:flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw:

Infinitum

Scholar
4 adjacent provinces, 1 of which is a throne and 1 which is ocean. I do have a swamp mountain with good resources (and a solid 21 income), but not adjacent to my capital. Isn't there any option to enforce a non-shit start somehow?

EDIT: Requesting restart. I'm not proud. It'll probably not matter in the end but I want to be able to at least pretend to be a contender (..or be content being a pretender; either way works).

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I tried to get all the non-shit starts.

Oh, everyone is complaning. And with the patch hitting soon, no problem in restarting. Be careful, I'll do this once.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
FUUU STILL NO FOREST IN STARTING PROVINGSES RABBLE RABBLE
:flamesaw:
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom