Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline26: Come One, Come All

sqeecoo

Arcane
OK! Then since we have time, you may want to take a quick look at province 141 on the map; it looks like an island, but it's a sea province. No big deal, just sayin' :)

EDIT: Also, I think I'm taking Arco. Greeks ftw!

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
OK! Then since we have time, you may want to take a quick look at province 141 on the map; it looks like an island, but it's a sea province. No big deal, just sayin' :)

EDIT: Also, I think I'm taking Arco. Greeks ftw!

Arco, interesting. Was thinking about them but...eh. Too squishy.

Ok I'll look into that. If anybody else notices map problems I can change them. I don't really want to go through all the start locations though. I know some only have three connecting provinces, that will probably have to suffice.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dunno, I always liked Arco for the feel and lore (philosophers who work better in the land of laziness? that's genius), but I was never confident I could make them work decently in dom4. Dom5 has introduced a bunch of tiny changes that has made them, I think, much stronger, as well as some new pretender dynamics that are neat. I want to give them a shot :) Will probably die horribly.

Now I still have to decide whether to take turmoil+luck or order+misfortune. What's your experience with this guys? Grimwulf says always take order and he's always right, but I kinda like luck :(

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Look at Growth/Production if you only want income and only going Misfortune 1/2(and don't want national heroes).

I think I'll try out the slightly improved Hinnom.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
On second glance I might change some start positions to no-start, since we have time. Mainly trying to avoid boxed in coastal starts for land people and some sea starts....would be weird.

Also, what do you think of connections like 129>123 and 129>113. I could make those river connections. Could also mess with the highlands/mountain connections so that we don't have provinces like 102. Which has....10 connections. :)

Up to you though!

Edit: Or, alternatively, it looks like the great Pymous recently uploaded a new map of about the same size.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1492119021

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, I'd change at least 25 to no-start, that's where I started in a test game and it's total shit; it's not that the cap has only 3 connections, it's that those three provinces only border 2 further provinces: pretty much guaranteed unfairly shit expansion.

I think 129 is fine as is, not sure what to do with the massively connected ones :)

The new map looks nice too! Depends on how many players we have in the end, Peham fits like 6? comfortably?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, I'd change at least 25 to no-start, that's where I started in a test game and it's total shit; it's not that the cap has only 3 connections, it's that those three provinces only border 2 further provinces: pretty much guaranteed unfairly shit expansion.

I think 129 is fine as is, not sure what to do with the massively connected ones :)

The new map looks nice too! Depends on how many players we have in the end, Peham fits like 6? comfortably?

Peham is 6-8, but recommended at least 1 or 2 of those be water. I've been messing with the map to fix some stuff and balance things out a little so I'll update the op with a new download before the 9th rolls around.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Made a new version of Peham, just drop it into your maps folder and it will show as PehamV2 when you create a new game.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nH2wYzwi0OGqGgBj1ZR2T-ZzEfNfyREN

Did a lot of fixes to rivers/mountain connections, start positions, some odd province connections, a couple province types and tried to make terrain consistent with what the map was showing(fresh water, rivers, mountains, deep water etc.).

This makes some routes on the map fairly hard to traverse so it might not be balanced! Test some starts if you have the time.

Edit: Already see a couple things I overlooked so it's a WIP. :)

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Who dares summon me

3.-WIKICOMMONS-IncantationBowl.jpg

We summon ye for dark matters!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
szjs41.jpg

Teh Joo-demon awakens from his slumber after a long period of getting new prestigious job and getting a clusterfuck mega project where someone gets fired every week, being wrangled in trading compliance issues and sorting out financial difficulties that my tenants have not playing Dominions.

I shall take command of Rus

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'm down to play.

If you still would like to play, what have you decided for a nation? We'll be looking to start towards the end of the week I believe.

Edit: I'm going to upload the final version of the map in the next day or two so you all can submit/re-submit pretenders. Leaning towards eliminating some of the added river crossings so people don't get stuck in a corner of the map with the slightly stronger indies.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Can't decide how to play Rus, so many options I'm paralyzed by too many 4/5 grade choices.

After about 6ish experiments I settled on something comfortable

Last edited:

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I'm down to play.

If you still would like to play, what have you decided for a nation? We'll be looking to start towards the end of the week I believe.

Edit: I'm going to upload the final version of the map in the next day or two so you all can submit/re-submit pretenders. Leaning towards eliminating some of the added river crossings so people don't get stuck in a corner of the map with the slightly stronger indies.
What nations are already taken?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'm down to play.

What nations are already taken?

I am pretty lazy, but I have been updating the OP somewhat regularly.

If you don't want to click over to the first page.... :P

Dayyalu: Sauromatia
sqeecoo: Arco
JagreenLern:
Infinitum: Lanka
Joined on the 4th: Mekone
KoolNoodles: Hinnom
Isiloon: Rus

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
with 8 players we might need a bigger map otherwise the cancer-domain, uber-bless strat will rule supreme.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Can't decide how to play Rus, so many options I'm paralyzed by too many 4/5 grade choices.

After about 6ish experiments I settled on something comfortable
That's true, I wanted to like Rus but just couldn't figure out what to do with them :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
with 8 players we might need a bigger map otherwise the cancer-domain, uber-bless strat will rule supreme.

8 would be fine but we'd need somebody to be a water nation. If not, we can play the new pymous map which has less water and is slightly bigger.

Edit: Also, I only count 7 unless I am missing somebody.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Heya, home the day after tomorrow, psyching up. How many water provinces are on the map? From what I've seen they're usually banned for good reason on other communities.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Heya, home the day after tomorrow, psyching up. How many water provinces are on the map? From what I've seen they're usually banned for good reason on other communities.

Water provinces banned? Why? There are a fair amount, probably slightly more than is needed, but it's not terribly hard to get underwater. Hinnom, for instance, just needs one water ring/amulet of breathing and a Melqart to start messing around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom