Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline4, Johannes Already Won

Dayyālu

Arcane
Quoting raw

6uAk0uK.png

Merry men with big beards vs. not so big beards.

Goodnight. Ladies and Gentletrannies, welcome to the main event. We are going to witness the most anticipated match in the history of professional butthurt for the HEAVIEST NERD BALLER CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE RPGCODEX. Dominions fans, ARE YOU READY? For the thousands of attendants and the millions clicking on this link, from the Strategy Section of the RPGCodex, Ladies and Gentletrannies, LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Disciples game. EA. 2 Teams. 10 players. Special raw^TM team-draft. Sign up and

TripJack CrimsonAngel thesheeep Grimwulf KoolNoodlessqeecoo Malakal raw Mraston coldcrow Johannes hoverdog Muty Joined on the 4th of July
KoolNoodles Dayyālu Mraston hoverdog thesheeep Malakal Berekän Norfleet Johannes Dreaad coldcrow KCR LongDongSilver Anhur Grimwulf Muty panzertoter Matalarata and of course anyone else.

-----------------
Players:

Team Terrible:
Arcocpehale - KoolNoodles
Agartha - Dayyalu
Helheim - Beercan
Berytos - Anhur
Hinnom - pakoito

Team Awesome:
Johannes - Fomoria
raw - TC
TripJack - Ur
JohnTheRevelator - Sauromatia
profreshinal - Caelum
-----------------

How we will pick:

Step 1: 2 Teams will coalesce from ten players, 5 in each. I hope we will be able to do that without my paternal guidance. The team chose who will play their pretender themselves.

Step 2: The picking. The two teams go through phases of banning nations from the pool and picking nations for their team. Valid Bans and Picks are announced by the pretenders in this thread. After all 10 nations have been selected, each player picks their nation from the 5 their pretender has chosen.

Order is as follow:
Ban Phase 1: Team 1, Team 2, Team 1, Team 2
Pick Phase 1: Team 1, Team 2, Team 2, Team 1
Ban Phase 2: Team 1, Team 2, Team 1, Team 2
Pick Phase 2: Team 2, Team 1, Team 2, Team 1
Ban Phase 3: Team 2, Team 1
Pick Phase 3: Team 2, Team 1

Less useful than others, but let us keep this up for extension requests and the like.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
That's funny.

Anyways, I changed hosting to 36hr, because it felt like it was about that time as there's a fair amount of coordination going on(not that it's any good!).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So, how is it going, what blesses for each team, map screens etc. Post something guys.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, how is it going, what blesses for each team, map screens etc. Post something guys.

Read the Thread title. That's pretty much it.

Being this a 'Dex game, it's less the sperg dream of crazy combos and more the fact that a team pretty much failed aggressive expansion and now it's somewhat buckling against the raiding of the other, so a strategical problem. Berytos is ded due to shit starting position and being gangbanged by Fomoria and Sauromatia, Ur was almost dead and has been saved by massive help by Caelum and Fomoria, all the others are still up. As far as I can say, we have a N9E4 blessing for the KoolNoodles team and a D9S4 blessing for the Johannes team.

We have, as far as gods goes:

Athena Polias, God of Arco; Unknown type.
Cabezapony, Astral Shedu, god of Hinnom and Disciple of Athena Polias, dead for now due to retreat kill.
Hurru, God of Agartha, Risen Oracle.
Urist McDragon, God of Helheim and Disciple of Athena Polias, type unknown.
Pacifist the Moloch, God of Berytos and Disciple of Athena Polias.

Randy Bobandy the Demilich, God of Fomoria;
Derp the Shedu, God of Ur;
F2E2D3B5 the Scorpion Man, God of Caelum, dead,
yNNfe0T.jpg
'd by Agartha;
Gao Fushuai the great Sage, God of TC;
KillallMen the Gorgon, still alive.

Situation is dire for Team KoolNoodles, though. Got some funny stories, like when I retreated this turn my surrounded hero Olm through Ur's cap and three hostile provinces because everyone forgot to buy PD and there are Barbs everywhere. Good stuff.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Sure I can post some strategically meaningless maps later I guess. The start placement of Berytos, very poor expansion in parts, horrible income provinces(Hinnom starting in waste and surrounded by wastes, for instance), and random barb/dire wolf attacks that have been happening since about turn 4, somehow targeting key provinces, have all combined to make at least our team's start just about the worst it could be. Also not really a fan of easy research, but that's just a pacing issue.

Johannes

Arcane
Starting positions for Berytos wasn't bad at all I think (middle island on Valanis), you just played it totally wrong. Instead of charging towards us instantly to fight and die outnumbered and inland, you could've used the capital as a defensive bottleneck and expanded safely onto your continent, you can sail to a ton of provinces from that single point.

Athena Polias, God of Arco; Unknown type.
Urist McDragon, God of Helheim and Disciple of Athena Polias, type unknown.
I'll help you out if you don't know them, it's a Statue of Fertility and the Dwarf/Dragon shapeshifter. Also our full bless is E4S4D9.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Very funny. :)

Yeah Bert could and should have expanded rearward, but in conjunction with expanding forward. Initially we couldn't tell exact placement of your nations(other than suspecting somebody to be on "our" side, Ur), and it would be dumb to ignore the high income provinces there. He just went All-In on forward expansion, so to speak, and was likewise the furthest from the rest of the team, except perhaps Arco in the corner. Berytos' coastal start preference + clustered made that happen. Ideally we would have liked him on the coast closer to Helheim/Arco. I think we'd also ideally want them with more adjacent land provinces to their cap. Anyways, randomness. The spice of life.

Johannes

Arcane
It's much worse to have a start that's too far away from anything, like Helheim is - they've done very little in the game so far. On our side, Caelum and Fomoria are kinda in the back too, but we can use flight and sailing to mitigate that for them.

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's not only the start, it's the expansion. And of course, player sensibilities.

I'm the rearguard and I have been throwing out Caelian and Enkidu corpses for what, a dozen turns now? My cap is far removed and only thanks to the river Caelum can hit it with remote attack spells (sooner or later they will work, my man, when I get no more stuff for patrols. Not for now though!).

Fomoria can Cloud Trapeze and Teleport everything, plus sailing so they have great mobility. Our problem is simple: three of our players had shit/bad expansion, and you can't afford that in a Disciple game. I can keep playing cat and mouse with Caelum, I can even annihilate his armies, but he will keep bouncing back while I grow only weaker. Sure, Ur has been reduced to an irrelevant side note, but if I can't storm his cap he can stay here forever.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Fomoria can Cloud Trapeze and Teleport everything, plus sailing so they have great mobility. Our problem is simple: three of our players had shit/bad expansion, and you can't afford that in a Disciple game. I can keep playing cat and mouse with Caelum, I can even annihilate his armies, but he will keep bouncing back while I grow only weaker. Sure, Ur has been reduced to an irrelevant side note, but if I can't storm his cap he can stay here forever.
Having shit expansion in default games is equally unaffordable. I'd even say it's less dramatical in disciple games, cuz your team can help you out.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I think Team Ramrod/Noodles has voted to concede, 3-4/5. We could slog through another 20-30 turns, but with two Disciples almost down that would be painful. Good job you guys, mobility and expansion really killed us, among other things. Last two magic-dueled Melqarts really hurt(shouldn't have happened, one was due to stale, the other due to winning the coin flip on movement/cap siege). Not to mention all the Melqarts were S random(which is awesome normally, but not with an S9 Shedu flying around).

Anyways. At some point I'll throw up some graphs! And maps!

profreshinal

Arcane
Starting positions and locations where most of the manoeuvring took place.
4kengj.jpg
Looks like raw forgot to assign a good chunck of his army to a commander again.

Relevant graphs from my side. KoolNoodles keeps promising maps and stuff, maybe we'll see the other side to!
ixywee.jpg

33a4g7a.jpg

10o1gjr.jpg

15drho0.jpg

GG and all that. I'm bit disappointed I didn't get to do more in this game though.

Ps. Someone with admin powers could declare game finished.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
GG and all that. I'm bit disappointed I didn't get to do more in this game though.

Ps. Someone with admin powers could declare game finished.
Decline4 has now been declared finished, and the game files will be archived. It'll disappear from this website in a few minutes.

Thanks for using the LlamaServer. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom