Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deep Rock Galactic (L4D with dwarves in space)

Don Peste

Arcane

AboutHeader.png

Join a team of badass space dwarves and fight, dig and explore your way through enormous cave systems and uncover the greatest riches.

DEEP ROCK GALACTIC is a first-person co-operative sci-fi shooter for up to 4 players, featuring fully procedural and destructible environments to explore, mine, and explode your way through to reach your objectives. As a team of veteran dwarven space miners, you must take on perilous missions for the interplanetary mining corporation DEEP ROCK GALACTIC and go where no-one else dares - into the deepest, most dangerous cave systems of the most hostile planet ever discovered.

• TEAMWORK ABOVE ALL - For efficient traversal and exploration as well as combat, you will need to rely on your teammates.
  • A MATTER OF CLASS - Pick the right class for your play style - mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Navigator, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
  • CARVE YOUR OWN PATH - Fully destructible and procedurally generated environments means there is no set path - it is up to you how to reach your goal.
  • THE TOOLS THAT YOU NEED - A plethora of tools and gadgets at your disposal means no obstacle is insurmountable.
  • INTO THE DARK - The only light is what you bring, and the pitch-black alien caves will not give their riches up easily.

https://www.deeprockgalactic.com/

3jvWDdW.png

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This game has potential, so I recommend people at least take a look at it.

Getting to be in an open alpha test can't be bad.

Gerrard

Arcane
Played a few games, will take a longer look tomorrow.

Gravity is a bitch.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll give it a look if it's actually finished five years from now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Darkest Dungeon was my last and final mistake with regards to Early Access titles. If a developer wants my money they can deliver a finished product. In isolation it looks okay but games that are 100% reliant on multiplayer in a market that is absolutely glutted with multiplayer games are not a solid gamble.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Game is launching in early access Feb 28th, still no price announced though.

Gerrard

Arcane
You are reading this because you signed up for the Translators list for Deep Rock Galactic.

As for your effort and helping us translate 10% to 39%, you are now given a key for our game Deep Rock Galactic.
The key is a release-date-overwrite retail keys for Deep Rock Galactic. This means when it is activated, it will state that you OWN the game, and you will be able to access it immediately. It will never be revoked.
:mca:

Game is solid, but pretty barebones for now. Definitely more polished than 99% of EA titles, only found a few small bugs so far.
The big question is can they make it to a point where it's fun to play repeatedly even if you unlock everything.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone want to try to sell me on this game? Some of my friends play it and say it's fun, but all I see are cartoon caves and bugs running towards you.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is fun.

The premise is simple and the moment-to-moment has a nice cadence to it. Climb around, dig minerals, fight bugs, climb around, dig minerals, get your quota, get back to the shuttle before time runs out.

You choose a mission type, including different objectives, estimated mission length, and cave complexity, then use various tools to navigate the caves. Complexity ranges from simple linear tunnels to colossal multi-level caverns with crisscrossing rock formations and yawning empty spaces. Limited supplies include things like zip lines and a bridge building gun, and each tool is available to only one of the four classes, necessitating teamwork in a very fun and involving way. Getting around at all, and particularly traversal to hard-to-reach mineral deposits, is a nice challenge on its own.

Added to this is the everpresent danger of subterranean creatures. Periodic swarms of ravenous insects, with many significant variations, threaten your team, which puts a nice pressure on you to achieve your objectives quickly and efficiently, particularly as ammunition is a finite resource as well. The rhythm between swarm attacks and quiet moments gives gameplay an interesting pace, really nice balance here.

Environments are compelling. Several different biomes such as standard tunnels, ice caves, or a radiation zone. The claustrophobic feeling of being thousands of meters below ground is another source of light but constant pressure even when no monsters are around.

Fun explodes with friends, the more the merrier. Even playing as a duo is great fun as you must rely on each others' unique tools. Solo play is possible but drab in comparison to teaming.

PM me if you want on my team's discord server unless we are Codex enemies. Unkillable Cat Don Peste I'm talking to you.

Zombra

Patron
$25 is too much I think, at least for early access. My friends actually had to buy it for me 'cause I didn't want to spend that much.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I got it for $12 and felt I got my money's worth. It's like a clash of cartoonish L4D and Red Faction.

Perfect example, escaping to the ship we got run off the trail by a huge mob of enemies. Our 'driller' then drilled straight through the rock itself for a good 100m+ while the rest of the party fended off attackers by heaving grenades and gunfire down the very chute we were lengthening.

Gerrard

Arcane
Hi Miners,

Next week, on February 28th, it will be exactly 1 year since Deep Rock Galactic launched into Early Access (and Game Preview on Xbox). It’s been a fantastic year for us at Ghost Ship Games - and more than half a million of you have supported us by buying and playing the game!
Massive :incline:

These guys did a shitload of work in that year, if only at least half of early access games was like this instead of being a scam.

Bricker

Educated
They just keep making this BETTER. Like, it’s already SO GOOD and they just keep improving it. Wow.

Gerrard

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/games/DeepRockGalactic/announcements/detail/1814293102938066793
PRICE INCREASE IN LATE MARCH
The price of the game will be increasing to $29.99/€27.99€/£24.99! As the community and awareness of the game have grown, so has our scope for it. In short, we want to keep expanding on DRG for longer than we initially planned - and with that in mind, we feel perfectly confident in raising the price a bit to help fuel development. Current owners obviously won’t be impacted by this at all, apart from getting more game than you originally paid for - and the price increase won’t hit until some time late in March, so there’s still plenty of time for potential new players to grab the game at the current price.
Game is 25% off right now.

Also free weekend coming up starts now.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
God this game is so good, I really want it but I don't have the money and neither does my friends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom