Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Defenders of Naxia. A Deep Story-driven Roguelite ARPG!

Ashk4nX

Barely Literate
Greetings RPGCodex dwellers

We are Novel Geometry Games and we want to introduce you to our upcoming project "Defenders of Naxia". We hope that you all RPG lovers can get interested in our game. Below here you can find many in-game images and screenshots along with many cool concept arts and descriptions about the game. We really need your comments and feedbacks so that we can develop the game as best as we can. So let's begin guys :)

03.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Defenders of Naxia is the upcoming roguelite ARPG game developed by us; Novel Geometry Game Studio. It is a fast-paced hack n' slash and bullet-hell game with heavy influences from classic titles like Diablo, Gauntlet and Torchlight. The game features a deep story about a secret guild of warriors and their tragic adventure for making their homeland a better place...

14.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

KEY FEATURES

• A beautiful full 3D fantasy world featuring all the 5 kingdoms of Naxia
  • A deep tragic story about justice and the dangerous road to achieve it!
  • An exhilarating Action RPG with hack n' slash V bullet-hell battle structure
  • A unique switch character mechanism which allows you to change your hero during the battles to use their advantages
  • A brand new gameplay feature called "Battle Style" which grants you the ability to become aggressive, defensive, evasive or balanced in the battles!
  • A special skill trees for each hero, allowing you to upgrade your spells and abilities or choose new ones
  • Randomly generated worlds along with all the other roguelite features! permadeath, insanely difficult battles, random enemies and items, etc.

Finally, our Kickstarter campaign is LIVE and running! We will much appreciate it if you can check it through :)

Take care.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Sorry, but this just looks like a cheap and very boring Diablo 3 clone. And i don't know if RPGCodex is the good place for looking for a people interested in the clone of D3.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Defenders of Nazia? Why would I ever want to defend nazis? And you could've at least bothered to paint some authentic uniforms on the cover art - otherwise, what's even the point of making a game about nazis?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Whenever I see a game with the Diablo health & mana globes, it's like an instant disclaimer to ignore it.

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ugh, the gameplay looks bland, sorry. And what about the awful music?! Also "Randomly generated worlds". Gawd when will it end, reading "randomly generated" or "procedurally generated" almost instantly kills my interest in a game these days. At least it's not combined with survival and crafting in this case lol

Aothan

Magister
I see a lot of good ideas for an arpg, there is potential

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
A unique switch character mechanism which allows you to change your hero during the battles to use their advantages

Roughly translated as "even we realize the randomly generated shit is too boring to level multiple characters so you can just switch them at will, lulz".

By the way, you should learn to spell roguelike right if you want to market the game as such. What will come next, First Person Shopper?

A user named cat

Isn't it about time we laid Diablo clones to rest once and for all? This is a sub-genre that has long overstayed its welcome. It blows my mind that with all the gameplay possibilites out there, the best some devs can come up with is incredibly tired and shallow clickfests we've seen a thousand times already, all the way down to the UI. I see nothing unique here aside from the decent aesthetics, even the rolling mechanic was used in some old magic-based D clone.

If you're going to claim a "deep story" then you may want to present something more along the lines of the first Divine Divinity which was chock-full of quests, atmosphere and RPG goodness. The generic Diablo combat was only a part of the pizza, not the topping too. You're here just showing us dubstepamoling and pewpewing generic baddies with nothing else. Hardly anything to hork about or support on Kickstarter.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also "Randomly generated worlds". Gawd when will it end, reading "randomly generated" or "procedurally generated" almost instantly kills my interest in a game these days. At least it's not combined with survival and crafting in this case lol
Well, for a survival game (no matter if RPG or not), procedural generation (of some kind, not necessarily the base terrain) is pretty much a must or boredom is rather guaranteed. Of course, it is no substitute for good core mechanics - first, you do good mechanics, then you add procedural generation. Doing it the other way around leads to bad games, for sure.

And for a H&S game... I'd go for new layouts per level (PoE) over "every level is the same" (Dark Gritty Grimdark Grim Dawn) each day. Those games need every ounce of increase replayability they can get.

Isn't it about time we laid Diablo clones to rest once and for all? This is a sub-genre that has long overstayed its welcome. It blows my mind that with all the gameplay possibilites out there, the best some devs can come up with is incredibly tired and shallow clickfests we've seen a thousand times already, all the way down to the UI. I see nothing unique here aside from the decent aesthetics, even the rolling mechanic was used in some old magic-based D clone.
Yeah, just throw gameplay ideas that have been done already away.
Who wants to play something that has basically been done before, right?

It's like watching two very similar movies, or reading two very similar books.
Ewww!

A user named cat

Yeah, just throw gameplay ideas that have been done already away.
Who wants to play something that has basically been done before, right?

It's like watching two very similar movies, or reading two very similar books.
Ewww!
I don't even understand this retarded response, especially since your first link was to fucking polygon of all tard sites without even an archive link. Diablo clones have never been good and it's been done to death at this point, enough is enough. The genre ran out of steam over 10 years ago. There are at least 200 clones at this point from all corners of the earth and they're all incredibly similar, and never fun to play. So yes, throw the shit away and move onto something remotely interesting. Bottom of the barrel, lazy timesink gameplay is nothing to commend.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I just did the quickest link copy-paste I could, sorry for the Polygon link ;)

Okay, so you obviously don't like them.
That's fine.

But millions of other people do, so... how about you just ignore these games instead of claiming absolute rights of existence (or non-existence) for whole genres?
That's fairly silly even for Codex standards.

mondblut

Arcane
But millions of other people do, so... how about you just ignore these games instead of claiming absolute rights of existence (or non-existence) for whole genres?

What nonsense is that? Whole genres need to unexist, and the millions of retards who like them must be sent to reeducation camps for gassing.

That's fairly silly even for Codex standards.

Ban him. :obviously:

A user named cat

Millions of people still play Diablo clones? Really now, millions? Let us check back in 28 days and see how many of those millions have backed this exciting, original game on Shitstarter.

Self-Ejected

aeternalis

Wordcel
Patron
Defenders of Nazia? Why would I ever want to defend nazis? And you could've at least bothered to paint some authentic uniforms on the cover art - otherwise, what's even the point of making a game about nazis?

Codex reception would be better if this actually was a game about defending Nazis.

Lhynn

Arcane
What a generic piece of trash. Not a single original thought or interesting feature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom