Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Defenders of Naxia. A Deep Story-driven Roguelite ARPG!

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Defenders of Nazia? Why would I ever want to defend nazis? And you could've at least bothered to paint some authentic uniforms on the cover art - otherwise, what's even the point of making a game about nazis?

Codex reception would be better if this actually was a game about defending Nazis.
At least it would mean the game has ONE original thing going for it... instead of zero.

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
Good thing they revealed their $ 400.000 CAD strech goal on kickstarter upon launch. With almost $ 3000 after two weeks I think they need to come up with a couple of more strech goals to cope with the massive influx of backers and money.

almondblight

Arcane
Isn't it about time we laid Diablo clones to rest once and for all? This is a sub-genre that has long overstayed its welcome.

I don't know, I'd like to see a Diablo clone that does some of the things that Diablo I did right. I'm not sure it's a problem with the genre so much as it's a problem with most Diablo clones being a poor attempt to copy DII.

• A beautiful full 3D fantasy world featuring all the 5 kingdoms of Naxia
  • A deep tragic story about justice and the dangerous road to achieve it!
  • An exhilarating Action RPG with hack n' slash V bullet-hell battle structure
  • A unique switch character mechanism which allows you to change your hero during the battles to use their advantages
  • A brand new gameplay feature called "Battle Style" which grants you the ability to become aggressive, defensive, evasive or balanced in the battles!
  • A special skill trees for each hero, allowing you to upgrade your spells and abilities or choose new ones

AAAAAA game

A user named cat

Isn't it about time we laid Diablo clones to rest once and for all? This is a sub-genre that has long overstayed its welcome.

I don't know, I'd like to see a Diablo clone that does some of the things that Diablo I did right. I'm not sure it's a problem with the genre so much as it's a problem with most Diablo clones being a poor attempt to copy DII.
The problem is we've seen enough of these games already. There's more Diablo clones at this point than Madden games, it's ridiculous and they're all far too similar. The genre is very much the real issue as the gameplay of this sort has always been shit, banal and mindless.

What made D2 enjoyable was playing online with friends and loot collecting before it became a tired cliche, certainly not running around and holding down a mouse button to kill skeletons. When a project comes along and that's all they have to show, it's like a great big Dane Cook joke nobody is laughing at.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
PfU3RVS.png

:dead:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Might want to try a figstarter, that's the place with mysterious last minute pledges.

Actually might be a better fit - it could sell to the crowd bored of D3 (only need 1/20th) and t looks more like an investors' than a KS fan darling. To reach the crowd, they need sufficient production values and infrastructure.

polo

Magister
I must agree with most of the codexers here, this has nothing 'original', looks just like a diablo/torchlight clone. Not even 1 interesting idea to be pledged there mate.
Looks good, the only nice thing i can say about it.

Mustawd

More Diablo/Torchlight clones are ok with me, which is why I was positive about the game.

Then again, with my 10 year gaming break I missed out on a lot of the diablo clones, so maybe I'll share your opinion in 2020.

almondblight

Arcane
The problem is we've seen enough of these games already. There's more Diablo clones at this point than Madden games, it's ridiculous and they're all far too similar. The genre is very much the real issue as the gameplay of this sort has always been shit, banal and mindless.

Which games out there are similar to the first Diablo?

A user named cat

Which games out there are similar to the first Diablo?
Diablo 2 and its thousand other redheaded brothers? You act like D1 featured completely different gameplay and mechanics, when D2 was nothing but an updated version with more refinements and less atmosphere.

Lhynn

Arcane
Diablo 2 and its thousand other redheaded brothers? You act like D1 featured completely different gameplay and mechanics, when D2 was nothing but an updated version with more refinements and less atmosphere.
Diablo 1 featured completely different gameplay and mechanics and diablo 2 is a downgraded version with retarded shit shoved in for good measure.

A user named cat

Diablo 1 featured completely different gameplay and mechanics and diablo 2 is a downgraded version with retarded shit shoved in for good measure.
They're both boring and the gameplay is hardly different whatsoever. From what I recall, the only remote difference in D1 was you had to mouse button mash to attack while in D2 you could hold it down. Wow, holy shit, how vastly different and unique. Same mechanics, same banality, same thing.

Lhynn

Arcane
They're both boring and the gameplay is hardly different whatsoever. From what I recall, the only remote difference in D1 was you had to mouse button mash to attack while in D2 you could hold it down. Wow, holy shit, how vastly different and unique. Same mechanics, same banality, same thing.
Not this ignorant fuckey again. Diablo 1 is about positioning and proper prioritizing of enemies, its about you beating a larger more powerful force with the limited resources that are on the dungeon, its about exploration and about discovering a story that doesnt force itself on the player. Every choice you make is deliberate and can spell your doom, the pacing of the game is slow so the player has enough time to think before acting with the resources hes been lucky or unlucky to procure.
Only game that follows it closely and even surpasses it in some respects is Dins Curse.

Diablo 2 is about putting points in the most effective skill and using that for the most part for the rest of the fucking game, its about how much you are willing to grind for a proper unique, its about going down a linear path, beating the big boss waiting at the end of it and moving down another linear path to beat another big bad boss.
This game was so popular among retards that it spawned carbon copies every bit as brainless as it is. With retarded itemization, meaningless exploration, grind a rainbow of item rarity slight upgrades to your gear and fucking skilltrees. Oh, also about playing the same fucking game 3 times to "truly beat it".

Consider yourself properly informed.

A user named cat

Not this ignorant fuckey again. Diablo 1 is about positioning and proper prioritizing of enemies, its about you beating a larger more powerful force with the limited resources that are on the dungeon, its about exploration and about discovering a story that doesnt force itself on the player. Every choice you make is deliberate and can spell your doom, the pacing of the game is slow so the player has enough time to think before acting with the resources hes been lucky or unlucky to procure.
Only game that follows it closely and even surpasses it in some respects is Dins Curse.

Diablo 2 is about putting points in the most effective skill and using that for the most part for the rest of the fucking game, its about how much you are willing to grind for a proper unique, its about going down a linear path, beating the big boss waiting at the end of it and moving down another linear path to beat another big bad boss.
This game was so popular among retards that it spawned carbon copies every bit as brainless as it is. With retarded itemization, meaningless exploration, grind a rainbow of item rarity slight upgrades to your gear and fucking skilltrees. Oh, also about playing the same fucking game 3 times to "truly beat it".

Consider yourself properly informed.
None of this sugar-coated clitory negated what I said whatsoever, which was very simple and straight forward. I don't know how much more derpy I can state this. They both feature the same exact type of boring, mindless clicking combat. Even Swen realized this when he gave us the incline of D:OS.

You can sprinkle in positioning, twirling and swirling all you like. In the case of this topic and failed Kickstarter; rolling and dubstep. You're still running around mashing mouse button 1 on skeletons and zombies like an autistic taxi driver obsessed with turning left. Repetitive, lazy and boring. As similar as siamese twins, except one of them has an eye patch. All you've essentially stated is that D1 was slower and more difficult, which it was. The games are still both complete shit and the tired genre needs to fade away into memories lost in time like jizz in rain.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
:keepmymoney:
Game looks like gutter trash devoid of anything even remotely interesting, like others have already said, this is not the right forum, you're not fooling anyone here, go hawk your garbage on another site.

And Torchlight is already considered to be a 'classic'? hmmm

A user named cat

And Torchlight is already considered to be a 'classic'? hmmm
Likely by the same people who consider Titan Quest and Sacred cult classics. Games that are about as varied and original as SJW's with different hair dyes.

Lhynn

Arcane
All you've essentially stated is that D1 was slower and more difficult, which it was.
Nope, i also mentioned storytelling on D1, and the fact that you need to adjust your gameplay according to what resources you had available in any given run.
Diablo 1 was a fun game with a great atmosphere and very well thought out elements. Insisting that its the same as diablo 2 is like saying morrowind and oblivion are the same game.
Id advice you to just stick to editing images.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
At least Wolcen looked good in their KS pitch which lead to 400k in donations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom