Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Stolen from Neogaf.

Bigmoon Entertainment today announced Demons Age, a brand new title that brings together the characteristics of a classic turn-based roleplaying game with modern graphics and a gripping atmosphere. Demons Age takes console and PC gamers on a thrilling adventure in either single character or party mode in which they must explore ancient ruins, mystical places and mysterious dungeons while battling dangerous opponents along the way. Demons Age is slated to launch on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC in Q1 2016. For more information about Demons Age, please visit: www.demonsage.com.

“We are all fans of dark fantasy and role-playing games, so many voices and ideas have gone into making Demons Age a game that fans of this genre will really enjoy”, said Paulo J. Games from Bigmoon Entertainment. “We didn’t limit ourselves to building just a classical turn-based RPG game, but wanted to create a game with the features and gameplay that we look for in a console or PC title, too”.

About Demons Age

Moragon has once again been invaded by Demons. The corrupted soldiers of the “Order” along with orcs and demons have swept the Peninsula of Moragon from north to south in a violent and bloody war against Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Men. The adventure begins when the player washes ashore along the coast of this war ridden peninsula and is thrown into intrigue full of tragedy and betrayal. In line with classic turn-based roleplaying mechanics, Demons Age first tasks players to set up their character and later allows them to hire a party of diverse characters to help them on their adventure.

Each hired character has their own secrets and back-story, so players must choose their party wisely and beware of potential betrayals. Players can level-up their characters playing through the main story and also side quests, receiving rewards as they help the citizens of Moragon all the while searching for the cause of the mysterious event that has plunged the kingdom into evil darkness. Solving puzzles allows players to progress through the game, and they can find and equip a host of different weapons to defeat foes. Combining a lavish look with the dense atmosphere of a classic dungeon crawler, Demons Age is designed to appeal to new and old fans of turn-based fantasy role-playing games, and true to the genre. There is danger lurking around every corner.

About Bigmoon Entertainment

Since its foundation, BIGMOON has set a simple goal: “Develop the best games possible”. Immersive stories, fantasy world exploration, innovative challenges and great characters are in our DNA as we focus our drive and passion on developing Core RPG, Action-adventure and Strategy games for Core gamers. BIGMOON is an authorized developer for all major game platforms, including Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. BIGMOON also developed “Trapped Dead: Lockdown” and “Space Empires V: Battle for Artemis” as well as produced art for well-known racing games, such as “WRC 5”, “WRC 3” and “MotoGP 13”. For more information on BIGMOON, please visit: www.bigmoonstudios.com.

Trailer:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Wait a minute...

VyQd0O75.jpg

:what:

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So they got the source code from Chaos Chronicles and turned it into a full game?

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Oh that looks very familiar. I'd heard about that game the first time right here at the codex.

They even adopted my debug character names for the default party :lol:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
So they got the source code from Chaos Chronicles and turned it into a full game?
Looks like it. A glance at the developer's page shows they've done work with bitComposer on some projects like linux/mac port of JA BiA. bitComposer isn't credited on the page/trailer so I guess they bought the CC assets? It did seem like the CC devs had a lot of stuff done already.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
bitComposer filed for insolvency early this year, they are out of business. It seems, Bigmoon studios bought some 'Chaos Chronicles' assets from bitComposer before (I fear bC didn't inform Bigmoon about the legal dispute regarding the copyright).

And according to this trailer, the 3d engine (no lightmaps?) and the combat system are totally different to CC. I highly doubt latter is D&D 3.5e; looks more like D&D 5 to me.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"a fascinating RPG."
fascinating?
how could I refuse.

your game looks really good hobgoblin.

Alchemist

Arcane
Looks like it has some potential but could the name be more generic / derivative? Demons Age? Looks like they saw that Dragon Age and Demons Souls were popular - so they mashed them together.

And... Paulo J. Games? Seriously? :lol:

kaizoku

Arcane
HobGoblin42 I've seen that you are working on Spellforce 3.
When will Grimlore Games start working on a "Chaos Chronicles" type of game? 2016?

getter77

Augur
I am utterly at peace with however many Frankenstein's offerings are conjured up with the remains of Chaos Chronicles it takes to get it out there even as a warped, but hopefully still fantastic, spirit of the original thing even if not quite the pristine form it would've theoretically ultimately assumed had things not gone so depressingly wrong.

That said, this is such a weird year for projects coming out of nowhere and old ones springing to life again---even if the bulk still wind up delayed to 2016.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well it certainly seems to be better than SCL, even if it is only D&D look alike.

Andhaira

Arcane
Is this going to be turn based?

And are you sure the system being used is 3e or any iteration of d20?

If both the above are true i will definitively follow the game and hope it is worth playing.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have no expectations but will remember this just because of TB combat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is a pretty good time for a Portuguese company to shovel some wares on an unsuspecting public.

Andhaira

Arcane
Still don't know what the system is. It can't be 5e because 5e is not OGL.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Still don't know what the system is. It can't be 5e because 5e is not OGL.
Chaos Chronicles used the OGL rules as baseline. Looking at the tooltips on that trailer it still has D&D statlines so it's fair to assume it's the same but tweaked

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if the end of game boss will be a Demon Sage?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom