Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think Undead Chronicles is a better name.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I wonder if the end of game boss will be a pumpkin?

fixed for you

I'm waiting for them to introduce themself.Maybe they will show them like this one

CC08.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
or be in the bioware forum.
I imagine that's the intention. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200343/Portugal_The_rise_and_fall_of_a_video_game_industry.php

Gomes himself left GameInvest at the end of 2008 to start Bigmoon, using his 10 percent share of GameInvest to give himself and his new team a real chance. Bigmoon started its mission to be as big as BioWare, Naughty Dog et al within 10 years, and has been chopping and changing between original releases and work-for-hire for the last several years.

A user named cat

Is this Limbo of the Lost: RPG Edition? Hopefully they have similar endings.

Absinthe

Arcane
bitComposer filed for insolvency early this year, they are out of business. It seems, Bigmoon studios bought some 'Chaos Chronicles' assets from bitComposer before (I fear bC didn't inform Bigmoon about the legal dispute regarding the copyright).
What do you intend to do about the dispute?

mondblut

Arcane
BIGMOON also developed... “Space Empires V: Battle for Artemis”

What? Funny, google knows no game by that name. SEV doesn't seem to have a subtitle (let alone one blatantly stolen from MOO2. Artemis, moar liek Antares, amirite?), and it was developed by Malfador.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What? Funny, google knows no game by that name. SEV doesn't seem to have a subtitle (let alone one blatantly stolen from MOO2. Artemis, moar liek Antares, amirite?), and it was developed by Malfador.

Yeah, these guys are pretty weasely about taking credit for games they just ported without making that clear.

No PC? Shame. It looks really cool.

wat

Last edited:

btbgfel

Scholar
I know nothing of console games, but is there a party-based rpg on console has good TB combat?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I know nothing of console games, but is there a party-based rpg on console has good TB combat?

Divinity Original Sin this fall. :cool:

There's bound to be jrpgs too but I don't play 'em.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
An interview from last week: http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/10022/Demons-Age-A-New-RPG-from-BIGMOON-.html

MMORPG: What are some of your inspirations for Demons Age?

Paulo: “Demons Age” was inspired by the classic “pen & paper” board games such as “Dungeons & Dragons” and by classical computer games such as "Temple of Elemental Evil” and "Baldur's Gate".

From an aesthetic point of view, to create this fantasy universe, we were influenced by J. R. R. Tolkien's universe and therefore avoided the typical cartoonish style and preferred to follow a more realistic and dark style as in the "Lord of the Rings" movies and novels.

The video game was also highly inspired by the "Chaos Chronicles" project from the former "Coreplay" team, whom we admire and whose products we had the opportunity to know better, when we developed the port for "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action". There’s even a little homage in our first trailer that fans of Chaos Chronicles might recognize.

An homage, eh?

:hahyou:

He also talks about lore, story, character creation, CNPC personality system and camping.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Before we started developing "Demons Age", we had developed "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action" for Mac and Linux

"Developed", huh? :roll:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lets just say that I might have a chance to find out more about the game in the (near) future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom