Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

himmy

Arcane
I can only assume that literally all other fantasy-sounding names were taken and we are now entering an age of scrapping the bottom of the barrel. At least it doesn't have an apostrophe.

Athelas

Arcane
It's a shame the title is the result of bad grammar, because an RPG that explored the premise of demons aging would actually be pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Hegel

Arcane
It's a shame, they should balance their innovation like obsidian did and introduce new concepts such as "totally not kobolds" xaurips, "!= vampires" fampyrs and hoep roewur ne, herpa derpas.
:prosper::mhd::balance:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I stopped reading after "Elves, dwarves and halflings". The overuse of fantasy cliches is getting ridiculous.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's a shame, they should balance their innovation like obsidian did and introduce new concepts such as "totally not kobolds" xaurips, "!= vampires" fampyrs and hoep roewur ne, herpa derpas.
:prosper::mhd::balance:

Those names are fine.
Eld Aedyran is based on Old English with elements of Danish and Icelandic. Vailian is based on a mixture of Italian, French, and Occitan. The ancient Engwythan language (used by the previous residents of Eír Glanfath) is based on Cornish. Glanfathan (used by the current Glanfathan tribes) is based on Old Irish and contemporary Irish.

What the hell is "Zogalon" based off of? Fantasy crap derived from fantasy crap.

Though depending on how the Portuguese swing, I suppose it could be Zionist Occupation Government-alon.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
For fuck's shake, who decided to use these names? They're fantasy names that DMs use to name worthless NPCs that the player meets for 10 seconds... Zogalon :lol:
Probably the same people who decided that Demons Age was the perfect name for their game. Now, all we need is a game called Dragon's Souls.

Zetor

Arcane
Speaking of shitty antagonist names, my current #1 is Zildrog from SWTOR (and he/it is actually a very significant adversary, with a major cult and everything). I mean, come on.

Azarkon

Arcane
Eld Aedyran is based on Old English with elements of Danish and Icelandic. Vailian is based on a mixture of Italian, French, and Occitan. The ancient Engwythan language (used by the previous residents of Eír Glanfath) is based on Cornish. Glanfathan (used by the current Glanfathan tribes) is based on Old Irish and contemporary Irish.

Who, between Sawyer and Fenstermaker, was responsible for this???

ArchAngel

Arcane
All I can say is that something is still going on but not any details :D

laclongquan

Arcane
Why is this that the incompetent always sneering at marketing/sale tactic?

Would it kill them to do a few big tittied girls posing with swords and wands on posters?

Would it strike at their self-esteem to know that they have to lower themselves to please the potential paying customers with such tactics?

It does seem so, as a lot of tiny less known studios simply refuse to do so. And thus, forever remain unknown~

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Because big titted girls with swords would actually reduce sales (for a TB-RPG) at this point.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Haha their site still says Q1 2016. Q2's almost over.

Since the VO's all done I imagine it'll be out sometime in the next few months.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
dem also looking for a PR manager
BIGMOON ENTERTAINMENT (a.k.a. BIGMOON STUDIOS) is an international video game developer and publisher, focused on high-quality content for PC and Consoles.
In order to create a team to daily monitor and report the traditional and social media related to our video games activities.
To maintain a constant and direct communication with our community of players and to monitor and to prepare marketing plan for the release of our video games, we are currently hiring a ‘Marketing and Communication Manager’ and a ‘Marketing Assistant’ to work directly with the ‘Publishing Manager’ to strengthen our team located in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal.

Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements:
– Passion for hard-core video games.
– A minimum of 3 years PR experience as a videogame Community Manager or Marketing Manager.
– Profound knowledge of the videogame industry.
– Ability to fluently communicate in English (oral and writing).
– Strong traditional media and social/digital media knowledge.
– Strong Power Point/Excel knowledge.
– Create and manage Marketing plan for each game title in order to achieve and exceed budget forecasts.
– Create and maintain a constant communication in game forums, blogs, facebook, etc.
– Ability to work well in a team oriented environment.
– Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon.
– Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of Public Relations.
– Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh this looks much nicer than the last time I tried it. I see they even implemented my suggestion to give players a companion early so turn based combat is more interesting early on.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Only 4 races among human, halfing, dwarf and elf (dark) and 4 classes (rogue fighter, wizard and cleric) with only premade characters????
I'm convinced CC would have been better than this

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Only 4 races among human, halfing, dwarf and elf (dark) and 4 classes (rogue fighter, wizard and cleric) with only premade characters????
I'm convinced CC would have been better than this

I understood that there will be a character editor in the full game (for the main char), but maybe it's just my rusty French (and that the pre-made characters are for the beta).

The article also says:

Use a comprehensive editor to setup your character.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yes, premade characters are for betas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom