Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Demons Age has apparently been released

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
'This item will be released on January 26, 2018' according to Amazon. Weren't they holding back release for the character creation DLC add-on?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
100% of the 4 reviews are negative so far. Another great achievement for the RPG aimed at non RPG player subgenre.

Borderline Scam - Fluent.

Holy shit, a game Fluent doesn't like. Donate to his Patreon.

I'm glad he paid money for it though. Atleast something good came from this.
He didn't. He got a review copy for free.

Guess the joke's on you, Jrpgfan. :positive:

If it's any consolation, I can't get the hour of my life back that I spent playing it. :negative:

I've revised my review from BORDERLINE SCAM to SCAM.

That said, I strongly urge any of my fuckwit detractors in this thread to not believe me and buy it for themselves. Go on now, do it.

And make sure you spend more than 2 hours trying the game. Wouldn't want to jump to any hasty conclusions, after all. :)

I'm happy for your dad for not having to spend any more of his hard earned money this time.

I feel really sorry for him having to put up with being a failure as a father. No one deserves to have an adult son living in your basement playing videogames all day.

Deleted Member 16721

100% of the 4 reviews are negative so far. Another great achievement for the RPG aimed at non RPG player subgenre.

Borderline Scam - Fluent.

Holy shit, a game Fluent doesn't like. Donate to his Patreon.

I'm glad he paid money for it though. Atleast something good came from this.
He didn't. He got a review copy for free.

Guess the joke's on you, Jrpgfan. :positive:

If it's any consolation, I can't get the hour of my life back that I spent playing it. :negative:

I've revised my review from BORDERLINE SCAM to SCAM.

That said, I strongly urge any of my fuckwit detractors in this thread to not believe me and buy it for themselves. Go on now, do it.

And make sure you spend more than 2 hours trying the game. Wouldn't want to jump to any hasty conclusions, after all. :)

I'm happy for your dad for not having to spend any more of his hard earned money this time.

I don't have a fat. No one deserves to have an adult son living in your basement playing videogames all day.

You know someone who lives in a basement? I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I can clear out some room in my music studio and rent them the room, for a hefty fee of course (great location, quality amenities, etc..)
:dance:+M:dance:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It's absolute garbage, every single aspect of the game cries "I was a cool part of Chaos Chronicles, but got butchered by amateurs".

FFS, this is a D&D based "hardcore tactical RPG" with no character creation AND with auto-level up! Yes, you automatically gain skills and spells - you can't choose them!

They couldn't even get the very basics right: THERE'S NO LOOTING SYSTEM! If a party member dies, all his equipment vanishes forever!

Deleted Member 16721

It's absolute garbage, every single aspect of the game cries "I was a cool part of Chaos Chronicles, but got butchered by amateurs".

FFS, this is a D&D based "hardcore tactical RPG" with no character creation AND with auto-level up! Yes, you automatically gain skills and spells - you can't choose them!

They couldn't even get the very basics right: THERE'S NO LOOTING SYSTEM! If a party member dies, all his equipment vanishes forever!

I think you're being even too kind by saying you say cool parts of Chaos Chronicles that got butchered. I personally can't even see the charred, bloody remains of anything even remotely close to something cool we'd see in Chaos Chronicles.

This atrocity is literally devoid of any singular, redeeming feature whatsoever. It's also devoid of literally THE most basic features any game should have, let alone a D&D 3rd Edition rip in 2017.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I meant stuff like seeing the OBVIOUS campfire areas inside the dungeon (they are even shown on the map), but not being able to use them because the game has no resting mechanic!

Jrpgfan

Erudite
You know someone who lives in a basement? I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I can clear out some room in my music studio and rent them the room, for a hefty fee of course (great location, quality amenities, etc..)

I don't. Where I live people work to buy their own houses.

But even if I did I wouldn't wanna burden your dad with another dead weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 16721

I don't. Where I live people work to buy their own houses.

Cool. Let me know if you hear someone who's looking. I might consider moving my second house + property, what with the real estate prices skyrocketing in that neighborhood.

:dance:+M:shittydog:+M:dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I'll let your dad know. He needs the money after all in order to afford his adult son's hobby.

And stop quoting me and go get a real job you fucking bum.

Cosmic Bane

Educated
They made it out like Chaos Chronicles was complete from a software standpoint (and should be by then :lol: ) but this sounds like utter garbage so that can't have been the case. I guess it's possible they ripped out all the old loot and character creation and crap but that seems highly unlikely.

So we have two fucking devs working on this thing for umpteen years and not even working chraracter creation which even shitty hobby projects like Gareth's manage in the first couple wees? :lol: Only crackerjack programmer Cleveland Mark Blakemore could have saved this turd.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Because when you drop $30 on a game, it should be mediocre
rating_lulz.gif

I'm sold.

XSsH9Bb.jpg

Deleted Member 16721

Mediocre, which is perfect for him. :salute:

Also just noticed that he said he was obsessed with ToEE. Considering Demons Age literally doesn't have anything implemented in combat from the ruleset, not even so much as a Power Attack, his choice to play it is, uh...pretty interesting.

Sinatar

Arbiter
So it's been pulled from Steam lol.

EDIT: This is old news and covered in the other thread, nevermind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom