Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demote idonthavetimeforthiscrap

Demote idhtftc?

• Yes

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 83 59.3%

• Total voters

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
What happened to you lately? Are you off your meds or something? The butthurt is over 9000.

nomask7

Arcane
I was butthurt about degenerates and retards when I joined six years ago and I'm still butthurt about them. Never liked them, always fucking hated them. I'm just helping God by warning them before they are cast into the flames of hell where they belong.

nomask7

Arcane
I like it a lot more when people ignore me than when I have to ignore them. This way is better.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
I was butthurt about degenerates and retards when I joined six years ago and I'm still butthurt about them. Never liked them, always fucking hated them. I'm just helping God by warning them before they are cast into the flames of hell where they belong.
i feel you bro, as a moderator of GD, i have to struggle with mental illness everyday myself
granted, it's not my mental illness, but still...

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
p.s.
i don't know who changed it to "group therapy", but "decapitation videos" worked well tbh

nomask7

Arcane
i feel you bro, as a moderator of GD, i have to struggle with mental illness everyday myself

I don't think psychiatry defines as mental illness something that affected the majority of people throughout the history of the West. I think that would have to be defined as normal and if the shrinks were being consistent, it is your type that would be defined as mentally ill.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I don't think psychiatry defines as mental illness something that affected the majority of people throughout the history of the West.
it does define disorders via the current norms, not some past ones.

nomask7

Arcane
I don't think psychiatry defines as mental illness something that affected the majority of people throughout the history of the West.

Nonsense. As long as Christianity has even a small number of active believers, its beliefs won't be considered a sign of mental illness, and this will be due to its historical significance.

(I'm assuming psychiatrists will be making cultural or medical rather than political decisions about diagnosis.)

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron

I don't think psychiatry defines as mental illness something that affected the majority of people throughout the history of the West. I think that would have to be defined as normal and if the shrinks were being consistent, it is your type that would be defined as mentally ill.

yeah, i know, we knew a lot less things back then
luckily, we know more things now

Nonsense. As long as Christianity has even a small number of active believers, its beliefs won't be considered a sign of mental illness, and this will be due to its historical significance.

(I'm assuming psychiatrists will be making cultural or medical rather than political decisions about diagnosis.)

that still doesn't mean it's not a delusion though

nomask7

Arcane
Moderatorship has corrupted everyone who has accepted it. Even those mods who seem reasonable otherwise, ignore valid complaints, condone harassment, and so on. Moderatorship in this place is much like the one ring, the ring of power from LOTR. No, sorry, I don't want that responsibility. I wouldn't accept it if it was offered me.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Moderatorship has corrupted everyone who has accepted it. Even those mods who seem reasonable otherwise, ignore valid complaints, condone harassment, and so on. Moderatorship in this place is much like the one ring, the ring of power from LOTR. No, sorry, I don't want that responsibility. I wouldn't accept it if it was offered me.
we are like the inquisition. committing unspeakably horrible acts to save the sorry asses of the likes of you from eternal butthurt.
i think it's less due to its historical significance, more due to the fact that it's a religion and psychiatrists have always been pussyfooting around those.

Helton

Arcane
Man I has bad day, I'll go relieve some stress on the dex.
Oh a nomask thread man that guys some stupid.
lol ill edit his post lol now it looks like everyone is gay lmao im so smart and funny :smug:
Oh people dont like my hilarious jokes they have some stupid.
Maybe I'll change it again LOLL IM SO CLEVER THIS TIME!
Oh people still don't like it :sad:
Now someone else has edited it... Doesn't seem so funny... Maybe time for some introspection?
NAH! THEY JUST AINT AS FUNNY AND CLEVER AS ME!!!

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Man I has bad day, I'll go relieve some stress on the dex.
Oh a nomask thread man that guys some stupid.
lol ill edit his post lol now it looks like everyone is gay lmao im so smart and funny :smug:
Oh people dont like my hilarious jokes they have some stupid.
Maybe I'll change it again LOLL IM SO CLEVER THIS TIME!
Oh people still don't like it :sad:
Now someone else has edited it... Doesn't seem so funny... Maybe time for some introspection?
NAH! THEY JUST AINT AS FUNNY AND CLEVER AS ME!!!

Sadly, in the past, I think I may have succumbed to this pattern of forum rage/venting. I'm pretty sure it can be overcome.
Maybe someone could start a Recovery Section where people trying to change the addiction can go for therapeutic posting.

Peering in to the mind of madness, I saw my own reflection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom