Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Denuvo DRM hacked

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/report-denuvo-drm-system-has-been-cracked/

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/report-denuvo-drm-system-has-been-cracked/#comments
3DM has reported that it’s been able to crack the latest DRM system, Denuvo, that was used in FIFA 15, Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Denuvo has been a great DRM system as it was able to protect FIFA 15 for two months and Lords of the Fallen for one whole month.

And since Dragon Age: Inquisition – Bioware’s highly anticipated RPG – has been released with this DRM, this particular scene group a Chinese team decided to prove that everything can – eventually – be ‘unlocked.’

As always, we do not allow links so there is really no reason at all attempting to share one – your comments will be deleted.

Denuvo reminded us of Starforce; another DRM system that took crackers a while to crack.

Some users also claimed that Denuvo was responsible for damaging their SSDs, while others claimed that Lords of the Fallen’s performance issues were due to this particular DRM system.

Before closing, we should note that the Chinese team has cracked the DRM system only. This does not mean that there is any working crack at the moment, however it opens up the road for ones.

It will be interesting to see what the team responsible for this DRM will do about this whole thing, and whether it will further enhance or tweak it in order to counter-attack the attempts of the scene groups.

Apparently it was cracked by 3DM guys. China stronk.

:thumbsup:

Angthoron

Arcane
Seems like the news item was DRM'd so hard that it took 3 days to make it to this subforum.

Perkel

Arcane
I think this a proof that there is still hope left for RPGcodex. I means people don't give a shit about DA:I

Denuvo has been a great DRM system as it was able to protect FIFA 15 for two months and Lords of the Fallen for one whole month. [...] Some users also claimed that Denuvo was responsible for damaging their SSDs, while others claimed that Lords of the Fallen’s performance issues were due to this particular DRM system.

"What do you mean by 'great', paleface?"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I announced this first. (In DA:I thread.)

The interesting part is Denuvo copy tamper system violates EU regulation on reverse engineering.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Black never heard the saying about unscaled mountains.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No, you parachute on them from high altitude.

Because:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I announced this first. (In DA:I thread.)
that's nothing to be proud of...
Anyone who did journalism at least few times is proud to make accurate news first.

I would understand your sentiment if you talked about Dead State. But, it's about Bioware, DRM that acts as virus, level of writing that has Gaider touch. The game has been massive success on PS4 already. And the only things developers wanted from DRM were few days/week to ensure high price first sales.

Indie/low renomee developers are more happy with people who have job and enough money to support them on theirs own volition, to actually support them willingly, not being forced by DRM. They would be forced once, but then... ...they would pay for Sims 4 instead.

I think with strong DRM, the most income goes to strongest player. (because people must choose) With cracks they have choice: pirate one, pay for second. And these who don't have money, it's at least advertisement.

And freeware developers want to people not earning money on theirs games, and theirs games to be played.

These about all groups. Strong DRM serves no one.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
dood, you're proud of having posted in the dai thread...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So have they posted any proof of this achievement or are they simply claiming they've broken it?

DeepOcean

Arcane
So have they posted any proof of this achievement or are they simply claiming they've broken it?
Could be bullshit but they claim they understand how the DRM works and cracked it, the problem is that they need to test their crack on alot of hardware configurations and test the crack on Windows 8 as they cracked the game using windows 7 64 bit.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems like the news item was DRM'd so hard that it took 3 days to make it to this subforum.

They patience is a virtue.

I didn't looked in DA:I thread for some time, after watching a glimpse of RK game I realized how boring it is and left it.
DeepOcean is right though, the DRM has been cracked, but the games need now a separate "injection" to the code to work with no Denuvo. Still, nothing beats Ubisoft and the protection on SC:Chaos Theory. It took almost 400 days to finally get rid of Starforce.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_9.html

Here is some interesting info about Securom and Starforce, and some historical trivia about the Steam.

I used to be all optimistic about it, but now [Steam] seems the stupidest thing to disgrace my harddrive next to spyware and viruses. If it didn't have the Valve logo in the corner, I would swear it was made by Microsoft. Screw you Steam! I'm off to play Wolf: ET.

That was my experience too :lol:.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Someone send them saves, beta tester was not able to load it because he didn't have DLC. Someone send other saves without DLC, and then they send DLC pack to betatester. He was able to load the second save, and he was able to load the first save after he added DLC.
There is also video of the game starting without Origin.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It took almost 400 days to finally get rid of Starforce.
It took 3 broken DVDs, until I downloaded starforce cleaner, and then I was forced to power down the computer and wait 30 second before I was able to get rid of it. It took me 4 DVDs.
Fuck that shit. Products of that company and idiots who went into a new company for screwing up rights by DRM are not allowed on my computer.

Black

Arcane
Me too, with 99

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom