Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daedalic Deponia series

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nothing. So, can anyone of good heart give me "light", not-too-spoilerish hints? Even just a nudge in the right direction... I really don't wanna look up a guide and "accidentally" read more than I should...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'll try...

The trick with Toni is that you find her in one location, but you need to get her elsewhere. To do this, you just need to be Rufus...and then some. Once she's in her new location, you can send the airplane.

As for Baby Bozo - if I'm remembering this right, a case of mistaken identity may help you out, to the point that you get the item needed.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll try...

The trick with Toni is that you find her in one location, but you need to get her elsewhere. To do this, you just need to be Rufus...and then some. Once she's in her new location, you can send the airplane.

As for Baby Bozo - if I'm remembering this right, a case of mistaken identity may help you out, to the point that you get the item needed.

My current issue, then, is that there is no Toni anywhere to be found at all, and I'm out of accessible locations...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Red Rufus can reach a screen where there's a small street vendor in the foreground, this screen also has the grating that allows for item swapping with Green Rufus. On the right, between the vendor and the tree, is the path to the rebel camp.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Thanks all. I can't believe what I was "forgetting" to do.

I did try using everything with everything and on everyone... BUT I had "forgotten" talking to Bambi+Lotti, after obtaining/crafting my personal Rorschach card. I merely tried giving it to them, didn't think of talking to them about it... Oh well. On we go.

Thanks all!

Ivan

Arcane
Hello, just started my playthrough. I just met Goal and sent her down to Deponia, but I'm curious if there's anything special, or funny that happens if you pull the Left lever instead of the middle one. I chose that one first since I thought it was the obvious "wrong" choice.

Ivan

Arcane
so I've been playing the series and it keeps meandering between meh to good but usually leaves me frustrated. im in Goodbye and I'm trying to figure out how to reach the crate with the bananas but I can't use the fucking chair to reach it. FFFSS

also, wtf am I to do with the psychiatrist (which I assume leads to solving Bonzo's depression)? I have 2 of the ink blots but they dont seem to affect much

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Actually the psychiatrist is there for another reason person. Check recent posts in this thread to find a clue about that.

As for the bananas - right letter, wrong item.

Ivan

Arcane
trying not to rely on guides as much since this is the final one.

the kids want a warm, and bright place to camp. I can't find a way to get the couple's heater, nor can I find a way to get to the bananas. I did fix the fuse.

I can't get to the doc's meds (I did send Toni there) but Rufus' rorschach test is the same. hmmmm

at this point im just trying everything on everyone.

can't find anything to do with the baby, nor Lotti's swelling

WAIT....OMG.....NOOOO NOO WAY...

the description for the sign says NEED MALE ASSISTANT!!!
runs off to try it on the mailman

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
As for the bananas - right letter, wrong item.

I know, it's just I can't get to the roof where they're at. They're above the pedophile's house but there's no way to get there. I tried maybe making a bridge by using the chair would help...

edit. omg, this fucking game...I just solved it

BEST LINE OF THE GAME: (sad june)
"She's crying so bitterly, I just cant stand to see her like that. I better turn around."
:hahyou:

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
dep8.jpg

:lol:

Deponia is fucking good 10 outta fucking 10, don't listen to the fucking gay naysayers

"Uhhh I don't wanna turn the baby dolphins into cat food I wanna suck cock all day" a fag that doesn't like Deponia

Don't be that fag

Play fucking Deponia

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Finally finished Goobye Deponia after starting it around 2 years ago. It was my least favorite of the three. The other two games were very consistent in their tone and humor, but most of the time in 3 I wasn't sure what the hell they were going for. Grim and ambiguous endings are fine when they suit the story, but I didn't feel like the ending was either of those. In fact I didn't realize that most people assumed Rufus had died and it was supposed to be a sad ending until I came on here; considering the physical humor in the rest of the games, and the fact that up until the ending it was still highly comedic (the three of them getting swung around in the turbine) I just assumed he would fall into the ocean and survive, atmospheric reentry or not. So to me the ending felt only abrupt. I ended up sitting through the credits thinking there would be an extra scene and left thinking "That was it?"

As some others have said the game also dragged on increasingly towards the end, the puzzles feeling more like chores.

Still a very fun series. Though, I feel like I missed a lot by only being able to play the English translation.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Suddenly an update to the original: https://steamcommunity.com/games/214340/announcements/detail/1603764406743852427

Language Update and Bugfixes

e6d0965bbd7beba71c8b1e82744e809dc84d757f.jpg

We are excited to announce - additionally to some Bugfixes - that we added 3 more languages to our roster. After todays patch you will be able to select arabic, korean and the traditional, as well as simplified, chinese subtitles.

You can find the full Patch Notes here:

Deponia 4.0.1386 Changelog
  • Engine Update to Visionaire 5.0.1
  • Added crossplatform savegame syncing on Steam
  • Added Visionaire Config Tool 2.0 for MacOS and Linux

• Added Simplified Chinese subtitles
  • Added Traditional Chinese subtitles
  • Added Korean subtitles
  • Added Arabic subtitles

• Fixed: Localization errors in Droggeljug mode
  • Fixed: Missing dialog option when using the radio talk to Cletus while playing with czech subtitles
  • Fixed: Crash when talking on the radio with Cletus
  • Fixed: Missing pigeons when leaving the magnetic field minigame
  • Fixed: Errors in the Mosaic minigame preventing the correct movement of tiles
  • Fixed: Disappearing booze when using clear water in a specific order
  • Fixed: Disappearing non-glowing cotton candy when used with the mosaic wall
  • Fixed: Rufus being stuck after destroying the lamp with the slingshot in chapter 3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom