Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

Cassar

Savant

Mouse and Keyboard PC 60 frames gameplay

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I chuckled quite hard at the way Jensen moves his arms at 0:39. As all modern games it's right in the uncanny valley: the more detailed the models get, the worse they actually look in motion. The same for voice acting, it's mostly flat and dull and even the best performances barely exceed Saturday morning cartoon show levels. And it takes much longer to listen to all that stuff than reading the text yourself, which increases the downtime from gameplay. A nice hand-drawn character portrait with written text would work a million times better at a fraction of the cost, but that ship has sailed a long time ago. Well I got kinda off track here, but I'm too lazy to edit it down.

Summoning the VTMB fanboys

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't give a shit about the dialog system, plain and dull as it seems to be. But it's a bit offputting how much help the player is given for exploration and observation of the situations. The interactable objects are highlighted by default, the supervision further highlights them, the enemies and their facing is shown on the minimap and the supervision also highlights them from behind walls giving the same info, and there also seems to be floating questionmarks on top of suspicious guards that is visible through solid objects. All that's lacking is the Shitman: Crapsolution instinct that tells where the enemies are going next. Granted it's a showcase where all those augmentations are probably set full or something, but still... the demonstration, the way it is, gives a somewhat dull image of the game with all those dum-dum highlights and helps.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Pretty sure you could turn off all the help and HUD stuff in Human Revolution. It should be possible in MD too

Ash

Arcane
Gameplay looked worse than popamole revolution right off the bat with the first video.

Ash

Arcane
:roll:

It looks worse. Take our aug selection for instance: Slow time aug, invulnerability aug, blink, and a taser gun in our arm that knocks out up to four (!) targets out at once that you don't even have to aim. What's more, all these overpowered augs now regenerate charge in full. Looks popamole+

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't give a shit about the dialog system, plain and dull as it seems to be. But it's a bit offputting how much help the player is given for exploration and observation of the situations. The interactable objects are highlighted by default, the supervision further highlights them, the enemies and their facing is shown on the minimap and the supervision also highlights them from behind walls giving the same info, and there also seems to be floating questionmarks on top of suspicious guards that is visible through solid objects. All that's lacking is the Shitman: Crapsolution instinct that tells where the enemies are going next. Granted it's a showcase where all those augmentations are probably set full or something, but still... the demonstration, the way it is, gives a somewhat dull image of the game with all those dum-dum highlights and helps.
Just imagine you are playing Batman with a supercomputer inside his head that is connected to everything around.

imweasel

One of the complaints about Human Revolution was that you couldn't really "rambo" your way through the game like you could in the original. According to some interviews the devs put in a lot of effort to improve gun gameplay solely for this reason.

It looks worse. Take our aug selection for instance: Slow time aug, invulnerability aug, blink, and a taser gun in our arm that knocks out up to four (!) targets out at once that you don't even have to aim. What's more, all these overpowered augs now regenerate charge in full. Looks popamole+

Too meny gemplai opshuns bad. Hrrr

And the battery doesn't simply fully recharge. It might do that in story mode though.

Ash

Arcane
One of the complaints about Human Revolution was that you couldn't really "rambo" your way through like in the original

According to whom, other mole poppers much like yourself? Rambo was perfectly viable in HR.

Too meny gemplai opshuns bad. Hrrr

Are you pretending to be dumb?

It is key that these options don't destroy game balance, nor Deus Ex lore. Regenerating God mode presented as a legitimate way to play the game = molepop design. How is that hard to understand?

imweasel

So you're mad because the new Deus Ex games are obviously not as good as the original. lulz

Better fuck off to the RPG Watch before you hurt yourself, butthurt retard.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
I was wondering if there will be any npc as good as Bob Page, Morgan Everett, Tracer Tong, Helios AI ?

YjoOb0f.jpg

J1M

Arcane
Ars Technica wrote a preview piece for this and it sounds like they've made it even more of a shooter.
That's called marketing. They want people who like shooters to buy it. People who like Deus Ex already know what it is. I don't agree with it, but it's been done this way for so long that this should not come as a surprise.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Why the fuck did they kept the cinematic takedowns in sequel is beyond me. What is even worse is that fade to black for 1 second before the animation plays.

Cassar

Savant
Why the fuck did they kept the cinematic takedowns in sequel is beyond me. What is even worse is that fade to black for 1 second before the animation plays.

Why does the game use third person view when in cover or looking around corners? Why did Doom 4 sold itself as a classic shooter yet has finishers and enemies explode health and ammo packs? So the game is manageable when played with controllers, on consoles. There are design crutches that we all have to suffer for the game to be fun and optimall on controllers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And the battery doesn't simply fully recharge. It might do that in story mode though.

We've been told that batteries recharge for "continuous drain"-type abilities, but not for single activations that gulp a bunch of power at once.

Why the fuck did they kept the cinematic takedowns in sequel is beyond me.

Easier than implementing a full-blown melee system for a game that's primarily about shooting.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Easier than implementing a full-blown melee system for a game that's primarily about shooting.
Human Revolution was a game primarily about cinematic takedowns. I'd gladly have sacrificed every single one of those new awesome augmentations for a couple of actual melee weapons and the ability to lean. As it is, it can be played almost like a proper first-person game but not quite.

The takedowns was always the worst mechanic to me, but made sense with how few enemies there were in the game, compared to DX1&2. If they added true melee combat they'd have to double or triple the enemies per area, which means expanding the areas - otherwise the player could just punch and slash their way to victory with ease.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom