Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

made

Arcane
Damn, I can't even remember what I thought of the first game. If only we had just one megathread per game I could easily search it to find out what insightful critique I posted upon release.

T. Reich

Arcane
A bit offtopic: i'm retarded. Where do you need to fucking go after confronting Darrow? There is no ''blast door'' anywhere. I've been running circles for about an hour now. Can anyone help? :embarrassed:

AFAIR, you gotta go back down to the entry hangar (there was an inactive big box-bot there) and then go through the now-opened door that had been closed before.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
My predictions for this game:

1) It's going to be more popamole and more AWESUM than the first one.

2) As long as it has larger, more spacious levels than HR, and maintains the same standard of JJB art design and Mary DeMarle writing, I won't care.

Because lol expecting an AAA game to be challenging in 2015. Don't play them for that reason.

Same goes for Dishonored 2.
A sensible post.

Love

Cipher

T. Reich

Arcane

14 positions sounds limited to what seems possible with the hydraulic approach, but the receiving and processing of the muscle movements ounds interesting.

I wonder though, if she'll also experience a mechanical apartheid now. Who wants to be around a woman with a 45 kilogram grip? Sounds like a heavy stroker.

45 kg grip is nothing! It's ok for womyn and babies, I suppose, seeing as it's adequate for day-to-day tasks, but any real man has a stronger grip than that.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Finished HR and am uncertain if i want to play Missing Link. Probably should've taken DC, where it was integrated. How fun (and long) is it?

pippin

It's ok, it has good design and it caused lots of butthurt because you're stripped of your inventory *and* augs when you play it (because you're a prisoner and etc)

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Finished HR and am uncertain if i want to play Missing Link. Probably should've taken DC, where it was integrated. How fun (and long) is it?

Been a while since I've played it but I remember liking level design quite a bit more than the main game, I liked that you have limited praxis points so you had to choose and specialize, "boss" fight was much more in the vein of original DX, new characters were also decent (some of them being more than they appear), it was also more challenging in regards to enemy placement and number IIRC. Overall, definitely one of the best DLCs I've played.

Love

Cipher
I liked the part where Jensen steps of the boat and forgets everything about it.

J1M

Arcane
It was made after most of the game. It incorporates the level design lessons they learned and has decent looking water/fog effects.

DeepOcean

Arcane
First HR had the "augmented vision" ripped straight from Arkham Asylum (earliest I can remember seeing it) now they have "The icarus dash"...so they're taking features from Dishonored now too. Come on guys...at least be original.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
Look to the good side, if they ape Dishonored as much they can, we will get a better game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/115756-deus-ex-franchise-documentary-video-series-part-one.html

CELEBRATE FIFTEEN YEARS OF DEUS EX WITH THE RELEASE OF A NEW ONLINE FRANCHISE DOCUMENTARY

Player-Driven Collector’s Edition and GameChanger Charity Collaboration for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Also Announced Today

Montréal (June 26, 2015) – Square Enix® and Eidos Montréal®, the award-winning studio behind the critically acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution®, today announced that, as part of the franchise's 15th anniversary, they are producing a special four-episode documentary that highlights the progression of the series from the original Deus Ex® launch on June 26, 2000 to the upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™. The first episode can now be viewed on IGN.com and features original game creators Warren Spector, Chris Norden and Sheldon Pacotti discussing the creation and legacy of the first Deus Ex.

To view the first episode of the four part documentary, please visit: http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/26/dx15-the-legacy-of-deus-ex

Square Enix also announced how fans can influence and shape the contents of the upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Collector's Edition. As a nod to the Deus Ex focus on player choice, many items like an Adam Jensen Replica Statue, Mini Art Book, a Replica Weapon and Pin Set among others, are up for selection to be included in the final Collector's Edition until July 3.

To learn more about Collector’s Edition selections, please visit: DeusEx.com

Finally, Square Enix and Eidos-Montréal have partnered with GameChanger Charity to provide donors with a free PC digital copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut for every contribution made to the charity in excess of $1. In the spirit of the Deus Ex themes of human empowerment and freedom of choice, donors will have the ability to decide how their funds will be used by GameChanger. A non-profit focused on improving the lives of children suffering from life-threatening diseases, GameChanger makes an impact by providing direct services in hospitals, delivering video game gifts & supporting families financially.

To donate to GameChanger for a copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut, please visit: http://dx15.org.

To keep up-to-date on further events for the Deus Ex 15 year anniversary, please follow the official Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is launching in early 2016 on the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's interesting to see Spector so involved in the media hype, he's tweeting about the game, giving interviews etc. I wonder how genuine his enthusiasm is. He was curiously silent about DXHR back then, the only thing I remember is that some time after the game came out, someone asked him about it, and he just answered politely "yeah it was fine except for the boss fights" or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom