Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

pippin

But that's settled on the post credits ending, which seems to be the one that matters

You lost me, sorry. Could you be more specific please?

Megan steals Jensen's genetic info (or something like that) and starts working on Bob Page's project, which would make nanoaugmentations possible

Sykar

Arcane

Gerrard

Arcane
I'll buy it at 80% off like HR.

It will probably have all the DLCs they are already planning included as well.

Deleted member 7219

Supposing this game is 2 years off, you'll be waiting a good 4 years to play it in that case.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Invisible War-style "all the endings happened." :lol:

Hmm, sounds to me more like they're inventing an entirely new ending. DX:HR's ending was just "select a message to broadcast to the world". So saying "all the endings happened" doesn't really make sense. What, Jensen blamed the zombie aug epidemic on the Illuminati (Darrow ending), on the anti-aug groups (Sarif ending) AND on an accident (Illuminati ending)?
All the transmissions went out and no one knows what to believe!

Also what did the hidden 4th button do? I remember finding it but I can't even remember what happened.

Martius

Liturgist
From what I can remember
not sending anything and flooding whole facility. Maybe they will go with that since Jensen is showed in some water in that trailer.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Guess I failed my mission.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Should (additional) explanation about this ban be required,
you may contact a forum administrator at eidosforums@gmail.com

I'm currently talking to the administrator about it.
If they didn't replace their administrator with some trigger-happy dumbfuck, then I'll be back to keep praising Eidos Montreal in no time.

The Anti-Santa

Learned

Supposing this game is 2 years off, you'll be waiting a good 4 years to play it in that case.
HR was 75% off a year after release (it maybe was even earlier, but that's when I bought it).
Tomb Raider was released in Feb/March in 2013 and was on 75% off sales by September that year. The same time frame with Thief last year.
So it might be a Square-Enix policy or just a reaction to sales numbers.

of course we don't know when the new Deus-Ex will be released but six-to-nine months after release and we should see a steep discount.

pippin

The good thing about remakes being on sale is that you can get the originals for a tiny bit of potato. Other than that I don't really care, but their decision to do constant sales and humble bundles baffles me.

Well, at least DXHR had just one DLC and it was actual content.

Modron

Arcane
The good thing about remakes being on sale is that you can get the originals for a tiny bit of potato. Other than that I don't really care, but their decision to do constant sales and humble bundles baffles me.

Well, at least DXHR had just one DLC and it was actual content.

There were two other DLC (Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement packs) in addition to missing link. Granted no one should have been motivated enough to buy them because they were clearly crap and only reason some of us have them was because we went the Metro route and bought the complete package at 75% before they rolled out the crappy director's cut version.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...uristic-world-of-deus-ex-mankind-divided.aspx

Ever since Adam Jensen's dramatic confrontation at the end of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, fans have eagerly awaited the next chapter of the sci-fi juggernaut. Since our cover reveal last week we'll be diving into exclusive details about the upcoming sequel from Eidos Montreal.

In this video we sat down with executive game director Jean-François Dugas, executive narrative director Mary DeMarle, executive art director Jonathan Jacques-Belletête, and executive audio director Steve Szczepkowski as they brought us through their journey of creating the dark and mysterious future that embodies Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
"Dark and mysterious", is this nigga for real ?

Two half-mechs kicking the shit out of each other ain't dark or mysterious at all.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Just when CyberP should've started his celebration of my ban.
Hi,
I asked what happened and the staff member who issued the ban informed me that it was done in error. The ban has been lifted and you should be able to post again :)

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Tomb Raider was on sale much quicker than that. It was released in March and was on sale in the first days of May along with all the DLC.

June I believe, then Summer Sale in July again.

But yes, there's no other major puplisher than Square-Enix that lowers prices so fast and repetitively, including the multi-million sellers.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Tomb Raider was on sale much quicker than that. It was released in March and was on sale in the first days of May along with all the DLC.

June I believe, then Summer Sale in July again.

But yes, there's no other major puplisher than Square-Enix that lowers prices so fast and repetitively, including the multi-million sellers.

I don't know if June was the first 75% off sale. But checking my friends steam transactions. She spend £14.99 for Tomb raider on the 2 May, 2013. And I gifted her Guerrilla Skin for £0.14 on the 20 Jul, 2013.

But yes. I do remember being surprised at the time at how fast it had gone on sale. Eidos had hyped it through the roof with a documentary staring the Doritos pope himself. The best part was getting an infracted on their forums for pointing out what everyone else was thinking. It was one of the most butt hurt mod messages I had ever received. It had been auto sent. But hand edited to include the word "Venomous"

I like to think that I really hurt someone's feelings.

Just when CyberP should've started his celebration of my ban.
Hi,
I asked what happened and the staff member who issued the ban informed me that it was done in error. The ban has been lifted and you should be able to post again :)

Isn't this the second time they have done this to you?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Isn't this the second time they have done this to you?
That's why I posted the "Deja Vu" song.
Guess they hope that I won't bother about it.
But they could simply provide an explanation why JC and Paul couldn't possibly sleep in the same bed.
Now when you mention it, it's time to write another fanfic!

Aaand done: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=154755&p=2119523#post2119523

Mirror:
bro i was banned accidentally but to celebrate my return im going to write a new fanfic about deus ex 1

bro the fanfic is called the bros and is about paul and jc living together and their apartment read it now its good

bro now when jc is out of the academy paul is off to china jc is watching new tv show about illuminati and their influence on our culture when suddenly phone rang jc answers it and listens
-bro i need u now maggie dumped me
-bro what a shame im so sorry about it cuz living with three polygonal woman is something rather awful
-bro stop hurting my feelings and come to the bar i need u bro
frown.png

bro jc runs down the stairs and walks into a bar music wubwubwub when he sees paul and jock
-bro who is he
-bro this is jock my new friend he is so good he made my flight the best flight in the world it was so good
bro jock laughs and gets some beer
-bro wanna join us, jc
bro jc feels jealous and bad about it cuz he loves paul and he cant stand it anymore
-bro how could you do this to me i thought u luvd me but frist u run off to that chinese miss maggie chew then this joker stop it now i hate u u bastard
bro jc runs off crying and paul is so so sad about it
-bro paul u wond dump me for ur brother wont u
-bro go to hell joker i luv my brother too i just cant tell him i am afraid of being rejected but now im sure we will be happy
bro paul runs back to his apartment to tell jc about his feelings

---bro three years later---

bro jc jumps off a chopper
-bro paul honey whats the problem
-bro luk our conversations are monitored dont give them any ideas
-bro teehee okay so wazzup buddy
-bro nsf conquered the liberty island
-bro oh these bastards they didnt hurt u right hon
-bro ofc not jc im a cyberbro after all now chop chop go there and save gunther wait they hurrt my feelings a bit
-bro these bastartds will pay

bro jc runs in guns blazing music wubwubwub he shoots nsf troops left and right u gonna fight right yo he runs into the building shoots everyone in sight like a true bro of his lover yo hes gonna make this right
-bro gunther a u okay
-bro sorri jc they hurt me bad
-bro how about i give u some massage
-bro no wait im so touched im im oh stop touching my head and shoulders what are u oh JAJAJAJAJA dont tell navarre shell be pissed u did it nice bro im glad u didnt do anything inappropriate like a true bro
-bro wanna be the third one
-bro JA JAWOHL

bro jc paul and gunther lived happily ever since and showed terrorism whats really what and they started their dubstep rap band after retiring and conquered the world with their political love songs about three soldiers falling in love on the battlefield

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasteland 2
This trailer is incredible decline compared to HR one.

And HR one conveyed atmosphere of the game pretty accurately...

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
-Augmentations consume a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
Ugh. More candy bar chomping. Fucking hate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom