Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Well, game is getting the "Meh, seen better." treatment even from popamole fans, that isn't good for Square Enix.
Also grant you, Mankind Divided and Human Revolution are decent games if you can adjust to this excessively dramatized factor ... but why would you bother in a world full of more games than anyone can hope to play?

Less is more.
Seeing that 'This park bench is for Naturals Only' in AJ's video is pretty much the epitome of writer's try-hard mentality.
Hopefully this will drop in price during Xmas Sale.

Vibalist

Arcane
The more I read about this game, the more I wish someone made a proper cyberpunk RPG, with dark and nihilistic story, where a main character is more or less ordinary human (with several different backgrounds to choose from), rather than heavily augmented alpha male with model looks.

deus_ex_jc_cyberpunk_jc_denton_2046_1920x1080.jpg

You think JC Denton is 'more or less an ordinary human'?

duanth123

Arcane
absolutely no reason why anyone in the audience should feel any emotion other than puzzlement over how two former allies came to be at such cross purposes or why anarchist good natured loafer Snow has suddenly became a Goth King.

So you weren't spoon fed the entire plot in the intro cinematic? It's called a narrative hook.

Snow's motives are clearly laid out later in the game and can even be guessed at without foreknowledge (assuming you've played the prior installments.)

And their fight in that one scene was rife with dialogue that actually provided insight into their respective motives and how each felt about the other's actions.

Lightning Returns is the best FFVIII related game.

To compare that scene to the abortion known as the SW prequels (or even the juvenile, suspension of disbelief-shattering "augs lives matter" throughline of MD) is laughable.

Pick another example.

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Ross is starting to fill the void left from Spoony's absence. Looking forward to his Mankind Divided review. Great series.

"Metalghost in the Akira: Yellow Blade Runner Edition" :lol:

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I got a bad feeling at the start when he just skimmed over the actual gameplay part, but he's absolutely spot on when it comes to the plot and the "identity crisis" of the new series. "It's fun, but as far as I'm concerned, Deus Ex is dead." Yeah, he gets it.

However, one thing that really needs to be set straight is that trenchcoats existed in Deus Ex already before The Matrix came out. In an old interview (which, I think, was shortly before Invisible War came out) Warren Spector actually mentioned that the dev team was rather bemused when the movie came out and was a massive hit, as at that time they were right in the middle of developing this game of their own that was also full of trenchcoats and sunglasses after dark.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Ross is starting to fill the void left from Spoony's absence. Looking forward to his Mankind Divided review. Great series.

He reminded me the plot in HR is pretty terrible/forgettable, too. They tease you with Bob Page at the start and then he's gone until the credits. Same with MD. They only tease the Illuminati in a few scenes as if they know the main plot is so awful it needs to be carrier by all this foreshadowing. Just give us the fucking Illuminati/Page takeover game already.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

He reminded me the plot in HR is pretty terrible/forgettable, too. They tease you with Bob Page at the start and then he's gone until the credits. Same with MD. They only tease the Illuminati in a few scenes as if they know the main plot is so awful it needs to be carrier by all this foreshadowing. Just give us the fucking Illuminati/Page takeover game already.

Yeah well, it's a prequel - they are lukewarm by nature.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter

If Eidos had done that from the beginning they would have nothing left to milk out into a needless long series.
Now they can continue to tease us with the promise that there will be eventually be a game in which Bob Page/Majestic 12 takes over and drives the Iluminati underground while setting up the original Deus Ex/Deus Ex remake.

Ross probably is right in that we don't need more Deus Ex prequels. One could have worked but Eidos already missed their chance to make the prequel people would have liked to see.
It is probably better to make a game inspired by Deus Ex and predictions by scientists and economists today on what the near future could be like if we continue this way.

Ash

Arcane
"It's fun, but as far as I'm concerned, Deus Ex is dead."

:outrage:

pippin

The more I read about this game, the more I wish someone made a proper cyberpunk RPG, with dark and nihilistic story, where a main character is more or less ordinary human (with several different backgrounds to choose from), rather than heavily augmented alpha male with model looks.

deus_ex_jc_cyberpunk_jc_denton_2046_1920x1080.jpg

You think JC Denton is 'more or less an ordinary human'?

JC Denton is a vehicle to the player to interact with the game's worlds and its events. Adam Jensen is a person with a story and opinions you can't really change. You *are* JCD; you get to choose your favorite Jensen from a list of pre made choices.

Puukko

Arcane
Been slowly getting into this. I noticed that once you get into the nicer areas of Prague, suddenly you get tons of Asians. I guess upper-middle class Asians suddenly started immigrating there in the 2020s.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
MONTRÉAL – September 23, 2016 – Today, Square Enix® and Eidos®-Montréal announced that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – System Rift, the first Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is now available on Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network, and online stores.

Watch the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift Trailer

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, you will re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the illuminati really are.

To celebrate the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - System Rift, Deus Ex GO™ will provide a free Pritchard-inspired update. Between Sunday September 25th, 5pm PST and Sunday October 2nd, 5pm PST, you will have the chance to play as Pritchard as part of the weekly Live Puzzles updates. During this limited time offer, there will be new and challenging hacking themed puzzles, with increased difficulty, designed to test even the most experienced of Deus Ex GO players. Deus Ex GO will be on sale at a 60% discount from Thursday September 22nd through Thursday September 29th for $1.99.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift are available for PlayStation®4, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

TNO please review ASAP

anus_pounder

Arcane
Just finished the game last night. Kind of bummed. It feels like the game ends at the halfway point when things are just getting interesting. Enough this whos who shit and let us actually see the MJ12 takeover of the Illuminati.

Still had lots of fun though. I preordered the game alongside the season pass, so I'll be playing this more in the future. Hyped for their next release, whenever it might be. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom