Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Shit. Even if both HR and MD were pretty popamole, and really dumbed down in comparison to first Deus Ex, and MD wasn't very good - I still liked them. It was one of the less cancerous AAA titles. :negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Squeenix obviously wants to milk the franchise for another several titles so they're in no rush to do the Illuminati plotline.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Second death of the AAA immersive sim if Prey doesn't do well.

Did Dishonored 2 bomb?

The only major news we heard was that it launched at 40% lower than what the first game did in the UK. Globally it probably wasn't that sharp of a decline, but it's not growth, which is usually what the publisher is hoping for.

Good. If it's attached to Bethesda I want it to fail. I hope Zenimax gets raped in court. Obsidian should have did Deus Ex then it would have been god tier instead of shit.

imweasel

Rumor: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided dev now working on Guardians of the Galaxy game
Deus Ex is dead. At least for the next decade.
I doubt it. Eidos Montreal has two teams working on Deus Ex games. Mankind Divided was somewhat disappointing and it didn't sell like hotcakes like Human Revolution did, but I doubt very much that they will scrap the next Deus Ex game in development.

Sentinel

Arcane
Why did they have to cut the game in half? :negative:
2d5du40.jpg

Latelistener

Arcane
I doubt it. Eidos Montreal has two teams working on Deus Ex games. Mankind Divided was somewhat disappointing and it didn't sell like hotcakes like Human Revolution did, but I doubt very much that they will scrap the next Deus Ex game in development.
They are working on some Marvel series and the new Tomb Raider game (co-developing with Crystal Dynamics?). Deus Ex is definitely on hiatus, although maybe they should give it to Obsidian.

And Human Revolution didn't sell like hotcakes either. Only after quite some time SE said that they are pleased with the sales, "favorable result" as they call it, but nothing out of the ordinary.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Rumor: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided dev now working on Guardians of the Galaxy game
Deus Ex is dead. At least for the next decade.

They're working on the next Tomb Raider and Guardians of the Galaxy. The regular tomb raider dev team is on The Avengers. It's bizarre as hell but that's the word coming from reputable sites.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Damn six months after release 70% off,that was fast,the deluxe bundle with the season pass is 56% of at 35 euros,I am tempted to buy it

Oh wait I just noticed that since I own DX,DX:IW and DX:HR the Deus Ex collection bundle is actually cheaper than the Deluxe bundle even though it contains DX:The Fall too, it's just 26.29 euros instead of 35.08,can't say no to that
:takemyjewgold:

Saved 9 euros and got an extra game,thanks Gaben
:kfc:

Last edited:

Seaking4

Learned
That's a solid deal. The bundle is a much better deal seeing as how you get extra games and just have to pay 9$ for the DLC but I searched this thread for a system rift review and apparently it is trash so I'm just going to nab the main game. Hopefully this is on par with HR but I doubt it.

hr was pure popamole decline but was enjoyable in the end. i played it twice.
i played this one once and i wish i never did.
70% off? still too much, you have to pay me to play it again, and it's going to be expensive.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I finished Golem City so far - which was pretty terrible compared to Prague, ugly and not very realistic looking. Night Prague opening new locations was quite a relief in level design. Somehow I managed to gas the local crimelord and two prostitutes in a theatre while searching for Dominik because from all the possible places guy was doing something in the laundry. Roofles.

I think developers missed a point what Deus Ex was about, making this one a total burglar/stalker simulator about breaking into everywhere and reading emails. The freedom to get anywhere should be a tool for doing a mission, not a way of leveling up.
Gameplay is more of the same HR, not bad, although enemies are incompetent - peaking at breaking into the local super bank by literally punching guards in the face with the awesome button while they walk out of their offices. That's called stealth playthrough.

I have no idea where the story goes either, and the themes of the game are pretty terribly presented. Augs and racism, right. I guess people just cannot into proper sci-fi today. Asking "what if?" questions is beyond writers of this game, they can only do caricature of an sci-fi setting layed upon boring modern issues.

Seems like game begins to pick up good old conspiracy stuff later though, which helps a lot.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

He'd be a lot more enjoyable and credible if he didn't feel the need to drag Witcher into everything just for the sake of contrarianism and, even when he actually has good arguments, coming off as a petty attention whore for it. Good points generally, though.

Seaking4

Learned
Well that was much shorter than expected. I legitimately thought there was a whole other half to the game up until the ending slides/tv show thing.

The game was all right I guess. For the most part it was the same thing as HR (minus the length of course). I thought HR's biggest problems were the messed up takedowns, the shitty experience points system, and the boss fights. So they fixed one of three I guess (and they already fixed the messed up boss fights in the HR DLC). I thought Prague was fine as a hub although I didn't enjoy it was much as Hengshai or Detroit.

The load times were absolute shit by the way. Even loading the menu to close the game took a couple of minutes. I know my computer isn't particularly good but there is no way this just affected me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom