Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #53: Expedition Gameplay Video

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Expedition Gameplay Video
Thursday, 13 July 2017 07:28

Hi guys.

Just wanted to let you all know that, even though we've been quiet, we're working hard on getting all the content for the expansion done, now that all the new mechanics have been implemented. The good news is that the the bulk of the main quest, including all the heavy scripting, c&c, etc, is complete and functioning (for the most part, it needs further testing, of course).

For those who just can't wait to get to explore the Black Sea themselves, here's a short video from the recent internal testing that we've done (this is NOT a trailer). It does contain some spoilers, though we tried to censor the important stuff, so be warned.

Anyway, that's it for now guys. Let us know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jinn

Arcane
Styg, what is going to be the recommended level to begin the expansion at?

Also, this is looking AMAZING!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
giphy.gif

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Is it more of an add-on for endgame content, or an add-in for a fresh campaign?

It can serve as both. In terms of quests and areas it falls into mid to early-late game phase, but the expansion also adds new toys that are available from level 1 - such as new weapon types and a new psi skill.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It can serve as both. In terms of quests and areas it falls into mid to early-late game phase, but the expansion also adds new toys that are available from level 1 - such as new weapon types and a new psi skill.

Are the new quests intertwined with the original main story?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Nice, this means a new playthrough will definitely be warranted, since I expect the expansion to have multiple balance passes and fresh new stuff from the get-go.

Styg will there be any touch-ups to the existing game? In terms of quest design, writing or just otherwise changes to the story so far.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

Are the new quests intertwined with the original main story?

No.

Nice, this means a new playthrough will definitely be warranted, since I expect the expansion to have multiple balance passes and fresh new stuff from the get-go.

Styg will there be any touch-ups to the existing game? In terms of quest design, writing or just otherwise changes to the story so far.

Some minor stuff maybe, but nothing major. We're pretty focused on the expansion content at the moment.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Excited for the expansion.

Styg
Can you implement some sort of visual feedback for burst attack cones? Its a minor irritation while playing with burst weapons.

That's something that bothers me as well, but it's not that easy to implement because of the way targets are selected for collateral damage when bursting. I'll probably look into it sometime after the DLC is released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom