Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #56: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.3.13

ciox

Liturgist
I managed to kill my first Burrower Warrior with 2 Molotovs, 2 MK 2 grenades, 2 Snipes and 2 Aimed shoots (it must have something around 1000 HP). The entire area was filled with Caltropes and the bastard was killing me with one hit (that's because I have 3 CON).

At least he dropped a beautiful oddity which means that the new monsters will drop high level oddities (2+ XP points) and technically the player should be able to level up faster on Domination. Not too shabby should I say :)

Nope, that's something that they should add. I could never got the elite monsters to drop any new oddities that weren't already long examined, even in DC. Forked mandibles and so on were already in the game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I managed to kill my first Burrower Warrior with 2 Molotovs, 2 MK 2 grenades, 2 Snipes and 2 Aimed shoots (it must have something around 1000 HP). The entire area was filled with Caltropes and the bastard was killing me with one hit (that's because I have 3 CON).

At least he dropped a beautiful oddity which means that the new monsters will drop high level oddities (2+ XP points) and technically the player should be able to level up faster on Domination. Not too shabby should I say :)

Nope, that's something that they should add. I could never got the elite monsters to drop any new oddities that weren't already long examined, even in DC. Forked mandibles and so on were already in the game.

Jesus Christ! Maybe I'm a retard which cannot express himself properly in English however what I meant was: I know the oddities are not new however considering that you can actually kill Burrowers Warrior before Deep Caverns it means that you can earn *more* XP before entering that shithole (cause on any other difficulty you cannot get these oddities before Deep Caverns .. I think). Makes sense?

Last edited:

ciox

Liturgist
Yeah I completely misread your post, sorry. Still hope they throw some new oddities on the new monsters though.

Sykar

Arcane

EF12345AA4F1F080C7FB7D0F59B3953915D27569

Also the underrail-wiki should be updated:
A different kind of adult burrower, they are the soldiers of the hive. Warriors are much tougher and stronger than regular burrowers, but lack poison and are unable to lay eggs. This is the rarest of the four, found only in Deep Caverns and Hephaestus Research.

It's obvious these cunts escaped the Deep Caverns. I just wish I would find a way to escape playing it ...
:troll:

I see the remote for the sentry bot to get the battery. Were you also surprised to find kamikaze bots there as well? Also have you tried bear traps? They work wonders against the warriors.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

EF12345AA4F1F080C7FB7D0F59B3953915D27569

Also the underrail-wiki should be updated:
A different kind of adult burrower, they are the soldiers of the hive. Warriors are much tougher and stronger than regular burrowers, but lack poison and are unable to lay eggs. This is the rarest of the four, found only in Deep Caverns and Hephaestus Research.

It's obvious these cunts escaped the Deep Caverns. I just wish I would find a way to escape playing it ...
:troll:

I see the remote for the sentry bot to get the battery. Were you also surprised to find kamikaze bots there as well? Also have you tried bear traps? They work wonders against the warriors.

I think the kamikaze bots were always there or am I wrong?

No traps for me this run. I'm focused only on what can be thrown (I played several times with traps before).

I'm stingy with skill points because I've invested an entire level of skill points into Persuasion cause I wanted to get the Truce solution for the Rathounds King's quest and for that you need like 60 Persuasion.

But in the end I just kidnapped Sarine ... Rathounds King is just too cool to be alone ;)

Also he is insane ... in a good way :)
0A7F2ED59051B2EC831BA645AD47ADD8AE855A19

Also another Rathound barbeque party :)

There is a 3XP oddity in the center of the maze.

192B028EC19004738B8575B2B58414051B4F90A2

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey Styg I have one complain and one proposal regarding the Rathounds King's quest.

1) If I kidnap Sarine then I cannot make a truce with Camp Hathor.
2) If I make a truce with Camp Hathor then I cannot kidnap Sarine.

It makes no sense because in the beginning these two quests are not directly linked but they become linked by game "magic". My guess is that you tried to avoid the possibility of the player obtaining 2 Rathound Regalia which is fine ... but not like this.

I know that after kidnapping Sarine there is a special dialogue option with Edgar but to be honest there is no in-game "adequate" explanation why kidnapping Sarine quest is linked to the truce deal. They start as two different quests and I think they should be handled as 2 different quests. In fact I hate to use this expression but the current implementation is "immersion breaking" :)

I really want this:

... to meet the Rathounds King and Sarine in Deep Caverns.

I don't expect anything but it would improve this quest line and the overall story. And you just need to calibrate some quest awards because you already have everything you need in game. Would you care to take a look? Please.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
No New Years update from Styg about the expansion?

I am disappoint ;-(

Styg - What's the score, baby? Any news to share about the expansion release/progress? Oh and Happy New Year !

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
They attacked me AND some even hit me with dodge 160.......................
If they can inflict bleeding, they are OP for those without dodge.

Last edited:

ciox

Liturgist
Maybe they are a new static camp added just now, dunno. Also if they are a random event that doesn't necessarily mean they'll dissapear.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Heard many crunch sounds next turn. ))
Also, not a best decisions was made with that molotov.

wH04.png

Btw, do someone know how much Intimidation you will need for Cliff?

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Heard many crunch sounds next turn. ))
Also, not a best desisions was made with that molotov.

wH04.png

Btw, do someone know how much Intimidation you will need for Cliff?

You need 30 Persuation. Maybe it works with 30 Intimidation.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I made various experiments with setups for this fight with my unarmed kungfu Bruce.

wQcr.png

Looks like the Claw isn't effective against anyone with even a leather armor, while leather combat glove with p.hammer much more effective against them, in same time, the Claw almost as effective aganst armored guy as metal combat glove with p. hammer.
Also, Adrenalin Shot greatly help in a fight, also you can win it without that, you only need to CAREFULLY plan your movement, because you have a lot of free movement with Fancy Footwork.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Some epic battle was won, me, door and 4 Death Stalkers.

wYgY.png

I should note, that bandages doesn't affected by Hyperallegenic, so you can use them, and with Doctor bandages can save your character's life if he is about to die from poison after a hard fight.

Also

wYiO.png

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Another fight with ugly mother*******, even more interesting.

wZCP.png

Without reloading, with minimum preparations.
Set two traps in caves (only one worked) while in stealth, exit stealth, trap snapped, saw bug. Punched him two turns, when it was nearly dead I decided - just in case - to throw flare behind it.
Oops! Another two. But I got Uncanny Dodge, 8 attacks I can avoid, that should be enough. First sting and restealth somewhere, second decide to actually hit me at least once.
Next turn he got stunned by tazer, got killed in next few turns (Cheap Shots and incapacitations, you rules!) but I had no AP to open the door and run, So I just ran around the corner. Next turn did few steps and stumbled on last bug, Uncanny Dodge was ready again, so I tried to deal with it, but no luck, so next turn I opened door and ran into the room, and closed door.
When UD was ready again, simple opened door, used UD, exit stealth, and stomped last bug - it was near the door.

Btw I finally get it - how stealth and detection works together.
If you have good detection but low stealth - try to stay away and detect from as far as possible, this way you will see them before they can see you.
If you have great stealth and bad detection - stay close, you will see them before they could see you.
With 3 Perception and Paranoia I was able to see death stalker silhouette close to me before it attacked me.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom