Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil may cry 4

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any good? Recommend to play?
I heard it's smart button mashing, means that you can't play by literally button-mash, you need player skill etc.
True? Do I need joystick?

DarkenRahl

Novice
Hmm I've played all four and I'd say it would be more of a personal preference choice, depends if you like button mashing with show offy moves

1st one was great, nice difficulty leve
2nd one, waaaay too easy
3rd one, Dante is even more of a cock than i thought possible
4th one, was so and so to be honest, not really much in the way of "new".

Conclusion: buy ninja gaiden

Harder, better, longer, the last half of the game isn't just going through the first half in the opposite order (with the same bosses), and doesn't have Johnny Young Bosch. Pretty clear-cut decision, to me.

The_Pope

Scholar
I enjoyed it, but it was the first game I played in the genre and a big part of what I liked was learning to play a whole new type of game. Gave me a little nostalgia for the time when I first learned to use the mouse in one hand and the keyboard in the other to nailgun ogres.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Absolutely HATED the asshole Nero kid you play as at the beginning of the game. Considering how badass Virgil was, when they showed Nero picking up the Yamato, I was like oh fuck. They are NOT giving Virgil's sword to this whiny little pissant.

But I did enjoy the second part, where you play as good old Dante.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'll see my options for removing nothing from inventory first to try.
Then I'll see options to run in ps2 emulator if its shitty port.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I would consider giving DMC4 a chance, primarily due to the fact that it is an excellent port.
If SF 4 turns out to be equally as impressive, I won't hesitate to support Capcom with my money.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
I would consider giving DMC4 a chance, primarily due to the fact that it is an excellent port.
If SF 4 turns out to be equally as impressive, I won't hesitate to support Capcom with my money.
Bionic Commando was great as well. It does look like Capcom tries to increase the quality of PC releases.

Yeah, that's one thing, the port was much better than DMC3's. 3 had that wonderful thing ZSNES has where, if you played without moving your mouse outside the window or something like that every now and again, your computer would go into screensaver.

Nightjed

Liturgist
i liked dmc3 a lot more than dmc4 gameplay wise but dmc3's camera kills the fun, allways pointing where i dont want it to and everytime i fix it manually it goes back to point at a wall 5 seconds later (and the fact i have to use joy2keys to get the pad working because those idiots at capcom only recently found out about reassigning keys and axis doesnt help), dmc4's camera works a lot better but then your could finish dmc4 in one session as long as you can stand the idiotic pc twins (and you probably should considering there is a "loading" phase everytime you run the game that lasts like 10 minutes, something you wont want to look at twice)

i really reaaaaaaally hope they make a good port for resident evil 5 next year, please dont fuck it up, pleeeeeeeease Capcom... just once, for me ok ? no shitty unassignable controls that fail to recognize any pad other than that obscure thingy you tested it with, no shitty textures that fans have to correct for you, and MOUSE SUPPORT!!

Any way to go fullscreen with DMC3? Alt+Enter doesn't work plus it has assigned the right analogue stick as the movement control.

Suicidal

Arcane
Don't know why people keep saying DMC3 is harder than 4. I played both and I found them roughly the same in terms of difficulty.

Anyway, here's a short comparison of both games:
DMC 3:

-More monsters
-More bosses
-More weapons
-Better levels (in terms of looks, atmosphere, etc.)
-Looks bad and lags
-Customizing controls is a bitch
-Shitty camera
-Some enemies (statues) give zero satisfaction from killing them and don't pose any threat either. And you find this type of enemies everywhere you go after some point.

DMC 4:

-Looks good and doesn't lag
-You play as 2 guys and both have different skills, weapons, magicx
-Some enemies are very well designed (lots of attacks, very aggressive and annoying)
-Legendary Death Knight mode, which is very fun (multiplies the amount of enemies everywhere by 5-10)
-Levels look like magical pixie land full of bloom, star dust and sunshine as opposed to the grimdark post-ITZ looks of DMC3
-Enemies look shittier
-Some bosses are recycled. A lot
-One of the dudes you play as is a whiny emo bitch

I suggest you try both. P.good games.

Kron

Arcane
this thread said:
Is that right?
931852_73372_front.jpg

I personally could never play a game in which the character is such a faggot.
Decline.

Kron

Arcane
^I guess Nero must be some character from a DMC game, and that he's a faggot...
I dunno, I don't play homoerotic mediocre azn videogames, I just had that image of the leather strap in DMC 3 burnt on my brain from some years ago when I saw it in the interwebz.
Perhaps if you stopped playing shit, you wouldn't have to compare a game with a shaved guy in red leather and some emo kid, deciding which is more of a piece of crap.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Man up, get a PS2 and buy God Hand instead. And Silent Hill 2.

Mantiis

Cipher
Jasede said:
Man up, get a PS2 and buy God Hand instead. And Silent Hill 2.

God hand yes, Silent Hill 2 has either not aged well or is fucking shit - I will let you decide.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom