Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
hoomankcceo.gif

"Hooooman!!!"

:deathclaw:

sullynathan

Arcane
The games website actually has a lot more videos and information than I was expecting.

I've read that there will be 8 devil breakers and so far 5 have been shown. Nero is now a time stopper, wonder if Quicksilver will come back.

Overture

The first Devil Breaker built by Nico.
An orthodox weapon compared to the other arms, damaging enemies with electric bursts. Its name is derived from this straightforward functionality.
The first Devil Breaker available in the game, this arm is easy for starting players to use.

devilbreaker_modal_img02.jpg

Gerbera

A Devil Breaker that launches shockwaves from its petal-shaped complex reverberatory furnace. The recoil can be used for instantaneous movement, and converging the shockwaves makes it fire a high-output energy beam. Beautiful design belies tremendous firepower.

devilbreaker_modal_img03.jpg

Ragtime

This arm was crafted from special materials obtained from a powerful foe.
Creates special force fields that warp and slow the flow of time for all within them.
Convenient for taking on multiple foes at once, the utility of this Devil Breaker varies based on your play style.

devilbreaker_modal_img04.jpg

Punch Line

Rare demonic minerals give this Devil Breaker jet propulsion power, packing incredible destructive force behind each blow. The arm can detach to fly around autonomously, during which Nero can ride it. Slam into demons in this mode for even more damage.

devilbreaker_modal_img05.jpg

Buster Arm

Nico tried to recreate Nero's lost demonic arm, resulting in a powerhouse capable of throwing enemies with devastating force. This brute strength comes at the price of reduced durability, but the chance to toss around massive demons is well worth it.

img_controler.png

Open the Pause Menu with
img_button_pouse.png
to check the input controls in the upper-right corner of the screen. Come back here anytime to review the basics.

img_abilities_taunt.jpg

Using a provocation in battle (
img_button_view.png
) raises your Stylish Rank. Throw one out at the end of an impressive combo to really stick it to enemies. You can even taunt in the air!

Info for Dante comes out in TGS 2018. That September 19th - Septemer 23rd.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
We saw a lot of stuff from Nero this gamescom. I'm assuming Goliath is an early boss or maybe the first boss, the trailer showcased another boss fight maybe two. We've seen a lot of Nero, hopefully not too much from him that it has spoiled the entire game. I hope from here on, we don't start seeing too much more Nero or too much more new content from him. I really hope nero at the very least gets a new weapon and a devil trigger. Having 8 devil breakers with increased mobility for Nero and a double barrel magnum is great but looking at the entire moveset of Red Queen, it is the exact same moveset as Red Queen in DMC4, down to the Exceed system.

TGS 2018 will likely bring a new trailer and more info about Dante, hopefully a gameplay demo that others can play like Gamescom or one released to the public. We can see that the environment Dante appeared in was different from the one nero was in, so hopefully this means that they learned their lesson about reusing levels too much.
I really can't wait to see more crazy weaponry from Dante though, the transforming bike is cool and I'm reading theories that it is actually Sparda which can make sense. One of the leaks says Sparda will be back and we already know that Sparda can transform into a spear, sword & Forced edge, why not a motorcycle too?
Rebellion returning is a given, hopefully Pandora also returns with new forms too because I quite liked it. I'd like to see all the previous styles from DMC3, but with DMC4 switching and some newer moves.
Reading this, perhaps Dante would still have far too many weapons for his liking, but we can only hope the content will compensate for that.

Eventually, they should at least show V in a trailer. We know he will be a playable protagonist, but if they deem it too spoilery then i'm fine with keeping him under wraps until the game releases.

Tehdagah

Arcane
At this point I thought they would have learned how to make a good camera. I'm getting bad flashbacks of DMC4's drunken camera, even the invisible objects are still there, and it wobbles a lot in small environments. It's not as bad as DMC4 but looks worse than the camera in DmC.

:deathclaw:

The goddam japanese simply can't make good camera placement, Jesus...

The level design will be shit. It's simply the rule when it comes to modern games.
It will be fine, you should be worried about things japanese devs aren't good about.

Bahamut

Arcane

It seems V is actually set after 2

tbh they should just do a special edition of 2, and by that i mean remake that POS from scratch

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom