Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Psquit

Arcane
cJLBufG.jpg

In knowing the teachings of Zerthimon, I have become stronger.

d7b.jpg

m9xmVFI.jpg

5MpcKav.jpg

hdk0mD.gif

Zeriel

Arcane
This day keeps on giving. I made some adjustments to my build and wham, gained 150k dps. Then i found a set amulet just lying on the ground (?). Now i can move from torment I to torment III.

Paragon 1000, fuck. I'm not even 100 yet.

You should be rolling in the new legendary gems if you aren't already. Regardless of your gear level, they represent a doubling or even more of your effective DPS.
What gems are you using that'd do that?

Wreath of Lightning and Marinae (tear, smite) are both obligatory. Depending on your element, you may get more out of the other. I am lightning so I get more out of Wreath, but they're both worth running regardless. 3rd is up to personal preference--some people run Golguk for more attack speed for more procs, some run toxin for the damage boost + DoT on bosses, I've even seen people running the bleed on the season ladder.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Hardcore really is the only way to make D3 interesting. (I have three level-70s, courtesy of friendly boosting.)

I logged on the other day and it felt like nobody was really playing, though.

Started a Monk with the goal of going two-hand, but I forgot the 2hand is really a formality since 90% of their skills don't really utilize the staff, it just transitions into a fist-only animation. So close to getting my game with cool spear/staff animations :x

Game still can't be... not-boring, though, a large portion of the time. It's really only interesting around Torment II but it takes some time to get there. It's like Titan Quest all over again where you gotta play the game a buncha times just to get to the fun part.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yeah I got over 10 million gold in that place. zzzzick.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
LOL I got a dc and when I tried to log back in I had died. GG blizzzz

well I was done with the patch anyway.

9VIsK7P.jpg

abija

Prophet
Wreath of Lightning and Marinae (tear, smite) are both obligatory. Depending on your element, you may get more out of the other. I am lightning so I get more out of Wreath, but they're both worth running regardless. 3rd is up to personal preference--some people run Golguk for more attack speed for more procs
They're definitely not obligatory, for example some builds benefit a lot less from the wreath aoe than what other gems offer. Also golguk is mainly used for cooldown reduction purposes.

Zeriel

Arcane
Wreath of Lightning and Marinae (tear, smite) are both obligatory. Depending on your element, you may get more out of the other. I am lightning so I get more out of Wreath, but they're both worth running regardless. 3rd is up to personal preference--some people run Golguk for more attack speed for more procs
They're definitely not obligatory, for example some builds benefit a lot less from the wreath aoe than what other gems offer. Also golguk is mainly used for cooldown reduction purposes.

They are at low gear levels. Once you are doing high grifts I agree, it then depends on class and build. I am not a fan of golguk's cdr and the theoretical builds like perma serenity that require it to beat the old CDR softcap. A short duration stack that falls off that gives you your survivability is hella dicey in real world situations, as alluring as the thought of zero survivability on gear + max dps would be.

abija

Prophet
It is very unlikely to drop the stacks during a fight, which is when the chain cds is required anyway. Not like there are many alternatives for monks and crusaders to survive high GR other than spending as much time as possible in epiphany or akarat

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I had 1 piece of three barb sets, earthquake, charge and immortal king things.

Yesterday I found another piece of the charge quest and another IK piece. Just a Ring of Royal Grandeur and one more piece of IK away from a significant upgrade.

Yay.

Zeriel

Arcane
It is very unlikely to drop the stacks during a fight, which is when the chain cds is required anyway. Not like there are many alternatives for monks and crusaders to survive high GR other than spending as much time as possible in epiphany or akarat

The build I'm talking about is literal immunity to damage forever, not just epiphany uptime. Epiphany uptime from CDR is fine and fully attainable without stacks, perma serenity is not.

Angthoron

Arcane
I had 1 piece of three barb sets, earthquake, charge and immortal king things.

Yesterday I found another piece of the charge quest and another IK piece. Just a Ring of Royal Grandeur and one more piece of IK away from a significant upgrade.

Yay.
Charge set is sick fun on large-ish packs. Been doing T6 runs with a friend, everything is pretty much in permanent stunlock. Add the "+30% damage to all CC'd stuff" gem and you get quite a bit of value out of that. IK is probably awesome too, I just never have any luck getting the pieces.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Since I'm low on games and time nowadays, I started a seasonal female WD. Hit 70 easly in 10 hours with just doing co-op bounty runs.
Then I got bored :) My lust for mindless grind for loot seems to be dead at last.

Now I'm grinding for achivementz....
:negative:

Zeriel

Arcane
2-3 months + whatever amount you want to add for Blizzard slowness, so 2-3 months to 20 years depending on how pessimistic you feel.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I thought they said somewhere they'll be long seasons, more like 6-12 months

Zeriel

Arcane
Good news: there's an exploit on the live servers that lets people farm billions of XP per rift run by doing nothing but standing in town.

Based on Blizzard's past record with much worse glitches (like actual gold duping on the RMAH that made people real money), they'll hotfix the issue but let the people who netted hundreds of levels in a day keep all their gains.

aris

Arcane
It seems like they hotfixed it, can anyone confirm this? I've also heard that they rolled back the characters of those that did this to ten days ago.

Zeriel

Arcane
It seems like they hotfixed it, can anyone confirm this? I've also heard that they rolled back the characters of those that did this to ten days ago.

They hotfixed, yes. No one got rolled back, people keep posting trolly comments saying people got rolled back/banned, but these are all incorrect reports. I don't know why people say this stuff... wishful thinking, maybe?

Cheating has been and remains the way to go in Diablo 3. Blizzard doesn't care.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom