Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, yes, you're right. You should probably make a thread in Feedback about my inappropriate behavior of divulging minimal non-personal information about my anonymous friends and his vaguely described time usage.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Oh, yes, you're right. You should probably make a thread in Feedback about my inappropriate behavior of divulging minimal non-personal information about my anonymous friends and his vaguely described time usage.

Ok if you insist.

aris

Arcane
I get tired of it every once in a while, but I usually regain interest when a patch comes a long. Is there seriously any game that doesn't grow stale in the long run though?
Transport Tycoon, of course.
Well these types of games are kind of unique in that the game play and the challenges comes from the player's actions rather than from the developers. Which is by all means no mean feat, you need to design a really good game for that to work. But even that grows stale for me in the long run, if I play it long enough.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
So I finally picked up dis game thanks to the 50% discount and my desire to retaliate against my wife's over-spending on clothes and cosmetics.

After being stuck in POE with my lvl63 witch for half a year because I couldn't find anyway to improve my mediocre build (not enough DPS/survivability-->no efficient farming-->no money for buying upgrade gears), D3ROS is quite a breath of fresh air. At least I can change build on the fly now.

Build diversity is smaller than POE but that's OK because "build-diversity per playtime" is much higher: I can switch from WW barbarian to HotA barbarian effectively every few hours thanks to the legendary loot drops and changable skills, whereas in POE if I want to try a new build, it takes days of grind to finalize that build. Building a Ground Slam marauder in POE at the moment, I don't feel much motivation to continue grinding at him instead of playing D3's barbarian, other than for POE's superior art style/graphix and lore.

Fuck D3's anime style graphix and dialogues written by 8-year-old. And that Obama-look-alike Tyrael does nothing but whining. Fuck him. But thankfully I can skip all that. Thank god Jay Wilson is gone.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, pretty much.

Feels like shit considering you used to be able to make money off of the game, but whatever.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Er...

The list of features that "will not apply" to the Americas or Europe:

Basically renders that list meaningless since they've always done shit like that in Asia.

Norfleet

Makes sense. Unless you're completely crazy beyond even me, you probably don't want to play WoW 24/7 for an entire month, which is what you'd be obligated to do if you were paying for consecutive monthly chunks and could not save the unused portion.

aris

Arcane
Dun dun dun! Let me find my suprised face...

Blizzard Exploring Diablo 3 Microtransactions
  • A new currency called "Platinum"
  • Timed experience boosts
  • New cosmetic items including wings, non-combat pets, and character portraits
  • References to stash space and character slot expansions
  • A new UI interface that references the above information
that should surprise you blizzard is pretty much the only company in the industry that doesn't use dlc or microtransactions to a huge degree.

aris

Arcane
Yeah recently they are really going for it, but 2-3 years later than most other companies.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Er...

Basically renders that list meaningless since they've always done shit like that in Asia.

I remember when they said same about WoW cash shop. "It's just for us to test in Asian region!"

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Dun dun dun! Let me find my suprised face...

Blizzard Exploring Diablo 3 Microtransactions
  • A new currency called "Platinum"
  • Timed experience boosts
  • New cosmetic items including wings, non-combat pets, and character portraits
  • References to stash space and character slot expansions
  • A new UI interface that references the above information
that should surprise you blizzard is pretty much the only company in the industry that doesn't use dlc or microtransactions to a huge degree.
You the company who has a constant running gag about ridiculously expensive mounts and pets?

aris

Arcane
well that's cosmetic, so ultimately of no importance. But I agree with you, they are ridiculously expensive

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Er...

I remember when they said same about WoW cash shop. "It's just for us to test in Asian region!"
Well they sold everything in the in-game shop via their webstore already.

They did, but that wasn't the point. The point was that they claimed in game shop was meant as test for Asian regions.. 2 months before it was released in US/EU

Zeriel

Arcane

Yeah, I'm just wondering when they'll make the leap from optional shit to stuff that is required to progress. It's inevitable and will happen, even if its just something as simple as extra raid coins for cash. I still like their games, but there's this constant feeling that you're circling the drain these days, that sooner or later they're going to add that final dash of shit seasoning that ruins the stew.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I don't think it's inevitable and the blowback to their current one is high enough in the current WoD's content drought that they couldn't afford such PR move at all. And it's not even really necessary to them as they're already in top 5 microntrasanction income bracker when competing with F2P games and such, making hundreds of millions out of their cash shop as is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom