Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well, he's not entirely wrong. Diablo 2 was very much a chore to play when I tried it.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Which it was. Failure to see that doesn't speak well for your character.

Brandon

Educated
Cubing items is fun. Some might say overpowered but it just increases the GR average is all.

What's really overpowered is upgrading rare weapons into ancient legendaries.
I got 3 out of the 4 nicely rolled ancients that I wanted for Witch Doctor on day one of 2.3.

I suppose this makes it easier to max out each season and then get bored and go play other games though, so I'm actually quite happy with it.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What's really overpowered is upgrading rare weapons into ancient legendaries.

Is it? I gave it a whirl couple of times and got some pretty mediocre legendaries. Maybe I gave up too soon. And yeah, cubing legendaries is great for that "gotta catch em all!" feeling, not to mention you can put together some dangerously OP builds.

Brandon

Educated
Is it? I gave it a whirl couple of times and got some pretty mediocre legendaries. Maybe I gave up too soon. And yeah, cubing legendaries is great for that "gotta catch em all!" feeling, not to mention you can put together some dangerously OP builds.

Well I went through 700 death's breath that I had saved up, so about 28 attempts?
Of course everything Diablo is luck based.

Still, I was able to get a Starmetal Kukri that I've been waiting to drop since RoS came out, if that says anything. It was crappy but I only wanted to cube it anyway.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
67yOCNk.jpg

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Giving away a battlenet account with Diablo 3 without expansion of course,i was stupid enough to buy Diablo 3 in the first place.

PM for free shit...literally

Ah,fuck the pm

Detronate12
Leonardodetala@yahoo.com

Last edited:

chobbes

Educated
anyone still playing?
patch 2.4 is undergoing testing now and Season 5 likely starts in Jan 2016.

I've been playing a NS SC solo P200 monk and having a blast for the past 115 hours.
Got full set of U6, F&R, and 2x Shenlongs (mostly non-ancient).
Using cubed Scourge / Mad Monarch's Scepter, Depth Diggers, and COE.
Just point and click and enemies fall rapidly on T5, maybe I should move on to T6.

Have experienced Whimsyshire (got an ancient Spectrum), Cow Level (good density), and Vault (three times).
With a L25 Boon of the Hoarder, I've managed to accumulate 600M gold. Not gonna run out anytime soon.
Death's Breaths is still the bottleneck here.

Think gotta farm champions with Nemesis Bracers.

polo

Magister
Giving away a battlenet account with Diablo 3 without expansion of course,i was stupid enough to buy Diablo 3 in the first place.

Ah,fuck the pm

Detronate12
Leonardodetala@yahoo.com
Is this still working? i would like to try it.

Edit: Tried, it asks for a safety question (childhood nickname) or an email confirmation.
If you still feel like givin it, PM the data!
Thanks

polo

Magister

Ah,fuck the pm

Detronate12
Leonardodetala@yahoo.com
Is this still working? i would like to try it.

Still working,if it asks for the secret question,the answer it's ''Ion''
It worked, thanks mate. I'll see if i still have a code for a game i didn't use, but i think i gave most of em in the gifttravaganza thread.

NVM

Last edited:

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I still play this from time to time, but I've only recently reached lvl 70 with my demon hunter and wizard. My gear sucks, and grinding has gotten me very little. It's probably gonna be awhile again before I pick it back up (mostly more because I'm gonna be out of the country for awhile than disinterest). I'd really like to see a new expansion for this game to get really into it again

polo

Magister
So, i've been playing for some hours. Started the game in Hard difficulty as a monk, and i don't get it; option A, monks are OP as fuck, option B this game is 100% mmorpg casul style. I don't think i had my health bar sphere lower than half yet. Didn't use the potion button even ONCE, i've beaten the first boss and some more too. I just click everything and smash 1 2 3 *right click* and boom, everything is dead and im full health, all the time.

Zeriel

Arcane
So, i've been playing for some hours. Started the game in Hard difficulty as a monk, and i don't get it; option A, monks are OP as fuck, option B this game is 100% mmorpg casul style. I don't think i had my health bar sphere lower than half yet. Didn't use the potion button even ONCE, i've beaten the first boss and some more too. I just click everything and smash 1 2 3 *right click* and boom, everything is dead and im full health, all the time.

Option B. This is the game that Swen Vincke dropped in the first hour because he never died.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

It's much, much easier now compared to how it was at launch, even if back then it was mostly done through damage and health inflation that would curb stomp your ass back to Normal with some help from their best friend Horrible Itemization. Torment levels are really only challenging difficulties now and even then not really as long as you're appropriately geared and know your class. If you die it's mostly going to be through unfortunate circumstances like elite packs cornering you or something.

Last edited:

polo

Magister
Pf, great. I don't see how this can be any fun then. The game became easier and easier with time, its just stupid. I need to fix my controller and play some more dark souls, i feel dirty with casul shit.

polo

Magister
Yeah, i think there is one level beyond hard for new characters, but the others need to be unlocked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom