Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The existance of levels prior to paragon ones is hilarious retarded. They offer no learning curve and the game only gets slower each time you level up because of the bullshit scaling.

MrJohnson

Educated
I was so pumped for Diablo 3.... I remeber someone making a really really good warcraft 3 custom map, only by seeing the early barbarian trailer movies. I played that one too and was hyped!
Diablo 2 was a big part of my youth, I played it so much in my school days and bonded with so many people over playing with them, making baal runs, doing MF farming runs over and over, trading etc etc.
In school we always giggled at sentences if they partly included runes....
A friend of mine even said "If we are done with school and get no job right away, lets do a diablo 3 flat share living of socialsupport, eating pizza all day and play diablo 3." - we basically worshipped that game like litte idiots.

Well, years went past and diablo 3 release came near, by the time I stopped playing diablo 2 after a battle.net ladder reset which pretty much ended all the motivation of my friends playing.
Then Diablo 3 Beta started - I was so excited and played the first part until Leoric with every char avaible.
Then the release came and we played a lot. But boy, the game changed. No more cool and unique items which allowed diveres builds - everything was about getting your main attribute, you could even reforge items to have your friggin main attribute...
The Skills are a joke, only time I could see a build diversity was when I switched the elemental damage type of my char, which just feels like the same skills in different colors.
Soon after we hit the maxlvl and thought now the real fun beginns it ended. The auction-house killed the traditional trading which i liked so much. There was no more runes, just those gems with... yes you guessed right... main attributes...

I could go on forever about how much of a disappointment this game was, but I guess that wouldn't be much of help to anyone.
A friend talked me into buying the add-on and we played it for a few days after the big content patches - let's just say: I got better that by release but is still miles away from diablo2.

On another note: I found a worthy successor for my diablo 2 addiction: Grim Dawn (http://www.grimdawn.com - and the Codex Thread: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grim-dawn-now-available-on-early-access.82166/)
I can absolutly advise everyone who loved diablo 2 to give Grim Dawn a chance. Only sad thing about it is, that it will never have an online-service like battle.net, resulting in characters saved on the client HDD and thus resulting in possibilities of enormous cheating.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, you said I wouldn't be buying which made no sense...

chobbes

Educated
Pf, great. I don't see how this can be any fun then. The game became easier and easier with time, its just stupid. I need to fix my controller and play some more dark souls, i feel dirty with casul shit.
I see that you're playing monk like I do.
You have barely scratched the surface.

When you are only at <70 level, the game is not as intense. Items get discarded regularly.
Once you have completed Act V, try and change up to a more suitable difficulty level.

Once you start grinding paragon levels on Torment I and above, congrats the actual game has only just started.
This stage is where the game gets more challenging in terms of itemization, you will need to complete at least one full set in order to dramatically increase your survivability and power.

I'm currently using Uliana 4-piece, Raiment 2-piece, F&R, Witching Hour, The Flavour of Time, and Shenlongs.
I have full set of Uliana (U6) but 2 pieces of Raiment gives more DPS.
Game feels relatively easy at Torment 6, thinking of going to T7 once I've obtained suitable ancient weapons.

Come and discuss further once you have reached Torment II and above. There is much much more to explore.

Heck, I'm not anywhere near "endgame" yet. To reach that state means you can clear Torment X and GR 60s in a rapid manner.
For a monk, that will mean that you will ideally need to have :

- Fully ancient armor set (U6 / SWK / Inna / Raiment) with perfect rolls (Dex/CHC/CHD/CDR/IAS/Socket)
- Ancient Weapons : Shenlongs, Lion's Claw, Fist of Az' Turrasq with perfect rolls (Dex/CHC/CHD/CDR/IAS/Socket)
- Flawless Royal Emeralds on all sockets except headpiece, Flawless Royal Diamond on headpiece
- At least Paragon 800 or above
- L50 Gems : Bane of the Stricken, Gogok of Swiftness, Tae-guk, Bane of the Powerful, Simplicity's Strength
- In the Cube : Depth Diggers / COE / Thunderfury / ORotZ / RoRG / Flow of Eternity

Last edited:

polo

Magister
Pf, great. I don't see how this can be any fun then. The game became easier and easier with time, its just stupid. I need to fix my controller and play some more dark souls, i feel dirty with casul shit.
I see that you're playing monk like I do.
You have barely scratched the surface.

When you are only at <70 level, the game is not as intense. Items get discarded regularly.
Once you have completed Act V, try and change up to a more suitable difficulty level.

Once you start grinding paragon levels on Torment I and above, congrats the actual game has only just started.
This stage is where the game gets more challenging in terms of itemization, you will need to complete at least one full set in order to dramatically increase your survivability and power.

I'm currently using Uliana 4-piece, Raiment 2-piece, F&R, Witching Hour, The Flavour of Time, and Shenlongs.
I have full set of Uliana (U6) but 2 pieces of Raiment gives more DPS.
Game feels relatively easy at Torment 6, thinking of going to T7 once I've obtained suitable ancient weapons.

Come and discuss further once you have reached Torment II and above. There is much much more to explore.

Heck, I'm not anywhere near "endgame" yet. To reach that state means you can clear Torment X and GR 60s in a rapid manner.
For a monk, that will mean that you will ideally need to have :

- Fully ancient armor set (U6 / SWK / Inna / Raiment) with perfect rolls (Dex/CHC/CHD/CDR/IAS/Socket)
- Ancient Weapons : Shenlongs, Lion's Claw, Fist of Az' Turrasq with perfect rolls (Dex/CHC/CHD/CDR/IAS/Socket)
- Flawless Royal Emeralds on all sockets except headpiece, Flawless Royal Diamond on headpiece
- At least Paragon 800 or above
- L50 Gems : Bane of the Stricken, Gogok of Swiftness, Tae-guk, Bane of the Powerful, Simplicity's Strength
- In the Cube : Depth Diggers / COE / Thunderfury / ORotZ / RoRG / Flow of Eternity
So this is 100% MMORPG as i suspected. Im not interested in grinding, but ty for the advice.

polo

Magister
lol wat.
I don't even get your point dude. Are you offended cause i don't like the game? Cause you are not saying ANYTHING.

abija

Prophet
He meant D2 was all about grinding hence you shouldn't have expected anything else from D3. Also you shouldn't try PoE either.

polo

Magister
I tried PoE since i backed it.. Talk about dissapointment. Well i don't remember grinding much in diablo 2 tbh, but i only played offline single player.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you get a sweet class set if you do some easy objectives at max level this season.
my HC DH deals a gazillion damage with her impales, one-shotting elites at torment 6 and lower (that's what I've tried so far). pretty fun stuff.

I was bored yesterday and installed this again to see what's up. I hadn't played ever since the very beginning of the expansion, before Seasons and stuff went live, and I hadn't played Adventure mode.

It's sort of surprising how much better it is now, even though I wouldn't say it's remotely similar to Diablo. Being free from the campaign nonsense and being able to just kill a few things and get guaranteed rewards is a lot better for the type of game this has become (i.e. I don't think Diablo was necessarily about the loot, but D3 certainly is).

It's fun in short bursts and I ended up playing to level 50 in about 6 hours with a Crusader. I'm playing on Master and it's not difficult, but HP bloat makes some fights very boring. I plan on doing all the season rewards and maybe starting a Hardcore season character afterwards.

Never thought I'd be back to playing it, but hey, I can eat a little crow.

Angthoron

Arcane
So what's the character of the season this time? I understand WW barb was somewhat nerfed.

Black

Arcane
Barbs still do the highest greater rifts out of all the classes (88).

Angthoron

Arcane
So what's the character of the season this time? I understand WW barb was somewhat nerfed.
I made a DH and they seem popular. They can use melee weapons now.
Wat.

DHs are nice though, yeah. Pain in the ass to get a proper endgame weapon but otherwise, them numbers, man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom