Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Still waiting for them to add the Assassin or something similar. The monk and DH are nice, but I want a melee character focused on fast attacks, poison blades etc.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
So what's the character of the season this time? I understand WW barb was somewhat nerfed.
I made a DH and they seem popular. They can use melee weapons now.
Wat.

DHs are nice though, yeah. Pain in the ass to get a proper endgame weapon but otherwise, them numbers, man.
Super easy to get end-game weapons, actually.

You can upgrade any rare into legendary.

DHs can use two daggers, both of them end-game melee weapons to use in chakram/impale builds. Just craft a rare daggers and put it in Kanais cube.

Angthoron

Arcane
So what's the character of the season this time? I understand WW barb was somewhat nerfed.
I made a DH and they seem popular. They can use melee weapons now.
Wat.

DHs are nice though, yeah. Pain in the ass to get a proper endgame weapon but otherwise, them numbers, man.
Super easy to get end-game weapons, actually.

You can upgrade any rare into legendary.

DHs can use two daggers, both of them end-game melee weapons to use in chakram/impale builds. Just craft a rare daggers and put it in Kanais cube.
I mean things like Krider's Shot etc for last season. A friend spent ~200 Kanai upgrades and didn't get a single proper endgame weapon, which was kinda sick. Compare to Barb's tiny pool of 1H Mighty Weapons for example (last season's must for endgame) and the ease with which you can get Furnace (2H leg mace pool is tiny) for Kanai stat rip, the difference is huge.

Angthoron

Arcane
That's pretty interesting, might give it a try. Not sure how it'd work out, since I've always seen DH as a bit of a glass cannon, then again, sets/items seem to be giving a lot of passive damage to the class so you could sensibly focus on survival stats instead of dumping everything into DPS.

Still, loved Hellborn set last season, and the 5-turret build in the season before that. Flood the screen with endless stream of AoE and 1,5 billion crits, mm-mm.

Last edited:

Brandon

Educated
So what's the character of the season this time?

Oh NA servers its Wizard. Highest solo clears (Barb barely just behind). Four-man meta right now is 3 zdps (barb, monk, doc) all supporting a dps Wiz.

HitPepper

Erudite
When the hell did they change the greater rift keystone drop rate? I don't recall having this much of an issue finding a gem of ease last season.

Angthoron

Arcane
Did they lower difficulties again? 5 minutes into L70 I found out I'm crushing T1 rifts with my DH dressed in mostly L61 yellows and without an endgame build. What.

On the other hand, that belt that makes Strafe shots do piercing, and the new shoulders that do +25% damage, -25% incoming damage while Strafing, and the lucky L70 leg weapon drop (shitty, but you gotta start somewhere) really do contribute. Still, I seem to recall a time when T1 was actually a little harder than it is now.

HitPepper

Erudite
I'm pretty sure they did something, because last time I dove hard into a season I had to do a lot of Master before being able to step into T1.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Did they lower difficulties again? 5 minutes into L70 I found out I'm crushing T1 rifts with my DH dressed in mostly L61 yellows and without an endgame build. What.

On the other hand, that belt that makes Strafe shots do piercing, and the new shoulders that do +25% damage, -25% incoming damage while Strafing, and the lucky L70 leg weapon drop (shitty, but you gotta start somewhere) really do contribute. Still, I seem to recall a time when T1 was actually a little harder than it is now.
yeah but they added 90 levels of difficulty (in rifts)

Zerginfestor

Learned
out of any of the classes, I would have to say the Monk is by far the most entertaining class, mostly because of the new gear Blizzard crapped out for them to achieve a ridiculous amount of damage reduction (I think it's 70% or 80%?), thus added with a thick amount of vitality and armor, Monks technically are the tankiest of the classes. Also seems to allow players the most unconventional ways of killing elite mobs, such one example is my build: Nothing but generator punching attacks, Exploding Palm with the increased Damage rune, and that Dashing with the multiple attacks rune. Kenshiro would be proud.

However, I stopped playing mostly by how frustrating it gets for me in terms of lag, Probably means my processor can't handle their poorly-optimized game and thus I need to upgrade mine to compensate.

Angthoron

Arcane

Right, that explains the one-shotting of rift guardians at Torment 6 then.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

I think torment 6 is equal to greater rift level 20 or something. most builds cap at greater rift level 80-90.

Angthoron

Arcane

I think torment 6 is equal to greater rift level 20 or something. most builds cap at greater rift level 80-90.
Do the set dungeons give anything besides achievements? I got the first one completed, though without the Mastery at the moment, DH Shadow set dungeon requirements are kinda ridiculously arbitrary, 20 Impale streaks x5, can only hit a the same target once or start all over. And then slow 40 mobs with Shadow Power. Fucking annoying, since Impale takes ridiculous amounts of Hatred, ended up with my abilities all being "restore hatred pool". And of course that didn't leave enough time to murderize everything in sight, since, you know, I have to actually aim each fucking shot.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Do the set dungeons give anything besides achievements? I got the first one completed, though without the Mastery at the moment, DH Shadow set dungeon requirements are kinda ridiculously arbitrary, 20 Impale streaks x5, can only hit a the same target once or start all over. And then slow 40 mobs with Shadow Power. Fucking annoying, since Impale takes ridiculous amounts of Hatred, ended up with my abilities all being "restore hatred pool". And of course that didn't leave enough time to murderize everything in sight, since, you know, I have to actually aim each fucking shot.
I missed that mastery achievement by 1 second, but I did finish the dungeon. My 2nd try and I didn't try again after that. It's definitely doable. But it's fucking stupid.

Zeriel

Arcane
Still waiting for them to add the Assassin or something similar. The monk and DH are nice, but I want a melee character focused on fast attacks, poison blades etc.

It's funny, they had a really fun monk attack speed build on one of the PTRs then nerfed the ever loving shit out of it. They don't seem to like pure generator builds, someone at Blizzard has a bee in their bonnet about generator -> spender -> generator -> spender cycle.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, heh.

zITlFoS.png

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, hah, I just noticed the description. This is fantastic.

Zoey First-Blood displayed enormous luck on the battlefield, surviving blasts that killed her fellow demon hunters Kairo Nontooth, Aidan Longcollar, and Oliver Manyhair. Only after the Order of Villamar discovered that her belt deflected damage onto her colleagues did she promise to alter it so that damage would not hit those around her.

I don't get it.
A GamerGate reference.

Angthoron

Arcane
????? Elaborate ?????
Well, one of the starting points of it was some dude posting a large blog about his girlfriend, an indie somewhat-dev having intercourses with members of game press as well as some publisher or something while cheating on the said posting dude.

Game press hushed it up because their colleagues were involved, so, the waist item really reflects this. Oh, and the character in question is named Zoey.

A few of days after hitting lvl 70 I'm doing Torment X bounties/Grifts 50 or so with my Crusader. Last time I spent any significant amount of time playing D3 the endgame was a complete brick wall (this was a few days into vanilla when they still had normal/nightmare/inferno tiers), now it seems very easy in comparison, but a lot of stuff has changed, so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.

Anyway the new thorns build is kinda fun if you actually hit stuff every once in awhile as opposed to just running around in circles with your horse, but it's getting a little stale. Haven't had much luck finding other set pieces, I have 2 pieces of the Roland set but I wanted to try a Blessed Hammer build, so it's not adequate.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
between bloodshard gambling and rerolling set pieces it doesn't take long to get what you want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom