Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo III thread is in the wrong sub-section

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Since DarkUnderlord decided this is how RPGs would be identified.
I'm pretty sure this system generates the maximum butthurt.

kazgar

Arcane
Can we please have the Diablo III thread scripted so it moves to a different forum every 24 hours, then all complaints will be equally valid and invalid at the same time.

Thanks.

Gregz

Arcane
PoE and Diablo (I II III) are Action RPGs
Diablo 3 isn't an RPG, action or not, because it has no RPG features.

It's as simple as that.

Sure it's an RPG, a terrible RPG, but still an RPG.
In what way it is an RPG?

We are in luck as I have recently defined RPG for the entirety of the Codex Community here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dune-does-it-get-better.83086/#post-2658643

DraQ

Arcane

It's as simple as that.

We are in luck as I have recently defined RPG for the entirety of the Codex Community here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dune-does-it-get-better.83086/#post-2658643
:hmmm:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

It's as simple as that.

:hmmm:

If you don't like Paul and what he represents, then you probably won't like the book.

There's lore and LoTR style anthropological history to be enjoyed along the way but it's pretty standard Hero's Journey fare, which I am personally a sucker for.

Dune, Star Wars, The Matrix, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. Most good RPGs emulate these same story telling techniques, which any True Codexian™ appreciates .

In conclusion:

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Gregz

Arcane
tumblr_m6i04oks5j1roya1c.gif

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can we move all Starcraft threads into console discussion? I played Starcraft on my N64.

Cipher
It's easy, name it Console/Popamole RPG Discussion. That way both kinds of games can be justifiably thrown there while keeping Computer RPG Discussion pure (and without having to get pedantic over which PC games were later ported to consoles as a consequence of using that to justify moving Diablo to popamole discussion where it belongs).

Edit: the current name/description also works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom