Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dice Rolling?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'm probably too retarded to use this, but where is the button for the rolling? Doesn't scale to my level?

EDIT: d'oh..

Well it should be possible to make some new dice images that don't look like shit pretty fast and easy and for free. Any way can DU or other admin edit the script or what ever it is to allow up to a d100? It should be fairly simple rigth?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
neger.png
<- http://imgur.com/a/rPBVF#0

Hellraiser

Arcane
I improved the last one I posted:

codexdie2.gif

At least I think I improved it, it's hardly readable now although the number gets spit out by the script in text form anyway.

Either way I like Zed's idea:

index.php

Retro lowres numbers and multiple dice in the background look real nice. I don't think the feature is at fault for codex slowness though, it was acting up yesterday IIRC and I didn't notice any slowdown after it was implemented. But maybe it's just me and the fact this laptop is a slow POS anyway.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Can it be coded to just show the numbers? What's the point of those pics and frames and shit other than taking more space?

Just have something like:

Roll(6d10+12): 2,7,9,8,5,6+12 Total: 49

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012

Hellraiser

Arcane
Is a d89 actually physically possible. I once had an actually d100, it just a sphere with tiny flat surfaces meaning it takes forever to stop rolling and is useless

Well it's a RNG not a dice simulator, makes no sense to just stop at 89 out of all numbers when d100 (rolled as two d10 where each one is a digit) is sometimes used. If it was a dice simulator we should be able to pick the trajectory, force, material of the die and material of the surface. Not to mention air currents and other factors influencing the result.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Well let's see.

It goes only up to d89

:rage:

Why stop at fucking 89? Why not 100? The cunt charged 30 kwabucks for this?
Is a d89 actually physically possible. I once had an actually d100, it just a sphere with tiny flat surfaces meaning it takes forever to stop rolling and is useless

d30s are the best dice, there is an RPG called Cinis, which uses only d30s and d10s

http://web.archive.org/web/20041211021418/http://alpha-bits.ai.mit.edu/people/luke/cinis/
Yeah, that's why it's done on a computer. While a computer can't give you a perfect random number, it'll give you the closest. Closer than the machine that cuts the die.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
oh, I thought the dice figures were showing a total.
i.e. 1+2=12.
CBA making flashy dice graphics for that many numbers.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
So I just rolled a 69-sided dice for wtf is this.

Get a fucking dice roller from Google instead of cluttering shit up.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I cannot into rolling :(

EDIT: Oh, you have to make the post first

Jesus, those look like the cutouts from magazines I used to do for kidnappings grade school assignments. Mod the graphicas nao

EDIT: hey, if you fuck up and throw more dice than you wanted to, you can't go back without deleting the post. Also I can foresse someone throwing a million dice just to see what happens to the page loading. Is there a limit?

EG

Nullified
But, that's only a six-sided die acting as a forty-faced die. :cry:

Do dice-deities approve of pseudo-faced dice?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hmm

should be limited to playground and allow more than 12.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Jesus, those look like the cutouts from magazines I used to do for kidnappings grade school assignments. Mod the graphicas nao

EDIT: hey, if you fuck up and throw more dice than you wanted to, you can't go back without deleting the post. Also I can foresse someone throwing a million dice just to see what happens to the page loading. Is there a limit?

A MAX OF 90 (OR 99) DICE rolls are allowed, as per thenote in the dice roller.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom